Decent carpenter in Nong Prue?

3STTW

I need to get some solid and secure exterior doors made and I'm looking for a decent chippy - a cut above the usual wood butcher. 

Any recommendations?

A million miles away from me, but would advise you to use old wood, like what you see for sale at the side of the road. 

The vendors will know the best carpenters to ask. 

Also, we're at the start of the season when wood swells, so if you use new wood, you'll have to get the chippie back out to take 7mm off again in a month or two. 

• 7 months later...
16 hours ago, jimrod said:

I don't want to start another thread. I'm looking for a basic place to get wood in Pattaya. Any ideas?

There's a place near me (dark side) that sells wood, also a big place at Hoi Yai that sells recycled wood, but both seem pretty expensive to me, but I guess it depends on what kind of wood and what quantity.

On 5/1/2020 at 8:04 PM, 3STTW said:

I need to get some solid and secure exterior doors made and I'm looking for a decent chippy - a cut above the usual wood butcher. 

Any recommendations?

There's a joinery shop on the road where the Black Hole bar used to be, you could ask there.

On 12/31/2020 at 5:59 PM, jimrod said:

I don't want to start another thread. I'm looking for a basic place to get wood in Pattaya. Any ideas?

I'm looking for the same. There's a place on Theprasit Rd on the left as you're heading towards the beach, it looks like a bog-standard hardware shop until you look into the back where they have a pretty substantial warehouse full of MDF, plywood, melamine boards.

However, if like me, you're looking for actual wood you might want to try a place up Sukhumvit at Bang Lamung just past Toyota GND Chon Buri Head Office (heading north), there's this place...

1664719147_WoodShop1.png.15d9dadce1df78df8fe981854ba17203.png

1432180359_WoodShop2.png.b2aae2fb97f0ef81e16794a07e291e35.png

I noticed it when I was driving to Laem Chabang a few weeks ago. I took a ride up there last Thursday but it was shut (not sure if it was due to Covid or NY) but this is high on my list.