Thailand to allow alcohol sales after three-week ban: officials

rooster59

11 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Read all 6 pages, still don't know what exactly is happening.

Will the ban be lifted as of 3rd May and stay lifted or not?

At this current time/space continuum, the plan is 11:00 a.m. 3 May the ban will be lifted. I foresee a mad rush to fill up the liquor pantry as the absence of logic from the people who control the green light/red light may fully well shut it down again on a whim.

1 minute ago, steelepulse said:

Can't you buy multiple boxes at any hour of the day?  I thought the hours for buying were for smaller quantities.

No, that law was amended 4 or 5 years ago.

3 minutes ago, sirocco said:

ice in beer? What sacrilege

It's Thailand with a heat index of 41 degrees right now.  sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Protip:  Those stainless steal waterbottles your kids take to school with them for water will keep beer cool for hours with the lid off.  

You see how it works from the bottom to the top ?    No money, no honey, and sure as S&^T  no Boom Boom....  Nice little earner there for the lads...... Mind you, looking at the situation he might not live long enough to cash the cheque......     You don't turn the "Ruling families over" without repercussions..... 

24 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

It's only been three weeks!!  Bottled and canned beer does not miraculously go flat in three weeks.

No doubt the old stock will be put in front of the new stock, there have been times I have purchased flat beer before.

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

No, that law was amended 4 or 5 years ago.

I guess the cashiers at Makro for the last 4 to 5 years didn't get the memo.  Here in Phuket you would see people buying multiple boxes at all hours, but if only buying 1 box or less, not allowed.  Same at Tesco and Bic C.

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

No doubt the old stock will be put in front of the new stock, there have been times I have purchased flat beer before.

Yeah once it's been cooled then left to warm up again it tastes like S&^%E  Front stocks gonna be interesting..... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steelepulse said:

I guess the cashiers at Makro for the last 4 to 5 years didn't get the memo.  Here in Phuket you would see people buying multiple boxes at all hours, but if only buying 1 box or less, not allowed.  Same at Tesco and Bic C.

There is a special license of some sort for if, for instance, you own a restaurant

1 minute ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

who know, but this idiotic flip-flopping is going to cause some rushed hoarding

Who's got two thumbs and gonna do some rushed hoarding tomorrow?

THIS guy!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I guess they managed to strike a deal for 2 billionaire families to "help" them after all..

I wonder how much had to be added to the piggies trough to get the ban lifted ??

Can you say: Bulging pockets?

12 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

"Also, the old law allows for wholesale purchase of alcohol in excess of 10 liters to be made at any time of the day while any purchase under 10 liters can only be made at the specified times.

The new regulation does not allow for this, what matters now are the stated hours for purchase or sale of alcohol irrespective of quantity."

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Read all 6 pages, still don't know what exactly is happening.

Will the ban be lifted as of 3rd May and stay lifted or not?

The ban has been lifted. What's not so clear is what individual governors will do.

For example what's stopping Phuket governor imposing ban on alcohol and so on.

POST 106

Hey! Hey! hey, i'm from a country where it was closer to 45 °, and the beer, we put it in a container filled with fresh water and ice cubes, and not vice versa.
Either way, Thai beer is disgusting, so drinking it with ice or not, maybe that improves it.

• Sad 1