Loei governor rises as “savior” in Covid-19 struggle

rooster59

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

The text above was printed below the photo.

I hope the photo was taken a while ago and not recently?

There's not one person wearing a face mask and there's no social distancing.

My guess would be taken some time ago, as a guy that works hard and cares for his people would probably be the first to put a mask on.

15 hours ago, Knocker33 said:

Just out of interest how are governors chosen. Are they elected or what? 

They appointed by the central government. They are civil servants from the interior ministry.

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2020 at 8:06 PM, OnTheGround said:

'Chaiwat’s parents were farmers who could not afford to send him to secondary school. So, after completing his primary education, he worked various odd jobs to support himself while also enrolling in non-formal and informal education programmes.
He was a rickshaw operator, bricklayer and a bus conductor. He also was practically a temple boy at Si Suttawas Temple where he received shelter, food and the right to attend evening classes at the temple school'

A man from simple background who never forget those at the bottom of the ladder.

A proof that this country has some very good people who cares, and lead by example.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was at that temple when I lived in Loei 1977-79.  I would occasionally visit the temple to talk with a fellow from New Zealand who was a monk there for a number of years.  Pra Tom.