Ban on sale of alcoholic beverages lifted (Photos)

webfact

I tell you a funny one The guy at the corneJ who noramally sells beer. Just beer Anyway i went for my 2 bottles per month buy yesterday and he says " No Can sell" I said yes you can he say no I can in 1 month  I said ok mate  you definetly not with it i just go up to shop around the corner.  NO problems there. He had his mate the viliage Barber also in shop I said i need a haircut he say come back in 2 months I said why? You are alloowed to cut hair That is how far these Thais are out of touch with the news No wonder this government can hoodwink them lol Easy

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

M & P shop 100 yards from my home is stocked to the ceiling and back in business... she ran out of booze 8 days ago.

Yah hooooooo !!!!

I trust your hands have stopped shaking and you are no longer peeing on the floor!

58bf4680b6975_TStoiletpic.thumb.jpg.d02638313bd9c22f754481855eb26849.jpg

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

Judging by various reports there have been large queues at outlets for booze, so obviously plenty of Thais aren't hurting for cash, just yet!!

There again, many, perhaps most, are small retailers, buying to stock their businesses. I somehow doubt that many "ordinary Thais" are in Makro buying in bulk...

11 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Thailand looking like a Walmart in Florida with a hurricane approaching. 

Using Visa cards to pay for all this stuff.

Loading it all into a Ford pick up truck. 

Using a iPhone to take a photo.

Everybody in debt living day to day. 

Eating junk food and over weight and in poor health.

Git er dun! ????

3 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

This is so sad! What is wrong with people? A few days without alcohol and they go crazy! There are so many more tasty and healthy drinks available! 

BoringTT1small.jpg.920e3b45004f24c0f6f946d3bb4ac64f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just that Avarage Somchai doesn't have the cash to hoard for thousands of Baht.

Many just have enough for their daily need.

I was answering the post which said Macro was for Caterers, Retailers and Other Businesses. Average Somchai with his Bht 500 for a case of Chang is not in one of those categories. If he needs/wants a couple for his 'daily need' he should go to a Retailer eg 7-11, for it.

Watched a video yesterday taken at Makro in Pranburi. People fighting, literally, for boxes of beer off of a palette just delivered from the stock room.  Social distancing ---- forget it.  People pushing and shoving others out of the way, almost to the point of punches being thrown.  Ridiculous.

Not allowed to post such videos here.

4 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

This is so sad! What is wrong with people? A few days without alcohol and they go crazy! There are so many more tasty and healthy drinks available! 

Not so, beer is one big vitamin pill....it's the reason why alcoholics on beer never suffer from malnutrition!

16 minutes ago, tandor said:

..Thais fighting over boxes of beer whilst our poor Afrikan ancestors fight over fresh water.

Send them beer....................................then stop sending them beer....................................................................... then they will know what it is like for us...

2 minutes ago, TPI said:

Last week I went to my local shop and asked for a "Leo", the lady said no can do but I can sell you a 730 (holding the bottle upside down!)???? 

You must have been waiting hours   days   to find a thread to post that on...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

I trust your hands have stopped shaking and you are no longer peeing on the floor!

58bf4680b6975_TStoiletpic.thumb.jpg.d02638313bd9c22f754481855eb26849.jpg

My hands have indeed stopped shaking, which is unfortunate as i was finding it beneficial for a while.

However, I have now lost my sense of direction at night and pee in the wardrobe.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

Are you taking into account that the uncertainty as to a ban reinstatement plays into thinking. I enjoy sipping a glass of red wine or two in the evening while at home with the family watching TV. I stocked up for a month in case the Thai government decides on prohibition again. As to other drinks? You recognize that is your opinion and not to be forced on others?

58 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

My hands have indeed stopped shaking, which is unfortunate as i was finding it beneficial for a while.

However, I have now lost my sense of direction at night and pee in the wardrobe.

I wondered why Narnia was looking a little yellowish in the darkness...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Petchaburi was really lucky to have inherited the governor from Phuket (I bemoaned his transfer).....so lucky were we poor sods living in the province, that this devout person has kept the liquor ban until the end of May...isn't that good?

Thankfully, Hua Hin is a 15 minute drive!

Reminds me of Kentucky (ironically the home of Bourbon). The Commonwealth of Kentucky has some 120 counties. Some are “wet” some are “dry” and some are “moist”. No need to thank me if you get the trivia answer correct. Like lotteries, one just drives to restock ...

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Here you go again, you never learn.  Still trying to denigrate those who choose to have a drink.  Not everyone imbibes until the fall over and pass out.  Many enjoy a drink to help with digestion, or in relaxation.  We all can not be perfect like some people wish to believe they are.

I subscribe to my friend, Ben Franklin’s outlook. “Beer is proof the god loves us and wants to see us happy”. Unfortunately, I used Up my lifetime beer allotment of beer in college so now I am an oenophilist.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

For future reference could you please name a couple? lol

6 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Yesterday at around 1 p.m. there were two Europeans sitting outside our local 7/11 drinking a couple of Chang's..........

Some people just do not get it do they........The ban was lifted with a proviso that Alcohol was to be consumed AT HOME.....:drunk:

Well, it's your duty to take a photo and report them !!! ????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

According to the 'health' underground many of those have human fetal matter infused to make the taste better.  I'll stick to water, wine and whiskey. Nothing better than a 'W' drink. (no pun intended)

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Thailand looking like a Walmart in Florida with a hurricane approaching. 

Using Visa cards to pay for all this stuff.

Loading it all into a Ford pick up truck. 

Using a iPhone to take a photo.

Everybody in debt living day to day. 

Eating junk food and over weight and in poor health.

Been there (Oops, not Florida, but Louisiana). Done that. Broken heart, no job, left it all behind.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Shopping mall employees were not quite prepared for the deluge of buyers and had a tough day filling the shelves.

Everyone with half a brain could forecast this ... why does this come as a surprise?  ????

What happens on the first day when the complete Nation can buy alcohol again after 'weeks of denial'?

And little shops started to sell up to double price per box?

Edited by RedPill