Thais emerge to a “new world” after lockdown

snoop1130

11 hours ago, Logosone said:

Thais here are very sensible and don't overcomplicate it, it looks like its expats running restaurants who're going overboard complying with Bangkok style divider screens and other assorted nonsense.

They're terrified they won't comply with rules and get shut down. This Thai lady was so relaxed, food was good. Very happy.

So its best to avoid the expat run restaurants and drive them out of business. Then there can be outrage that the government has driven them out of business because they complied with the law.

Always best to blame someone else...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes.

You need that finger nail to dig and pull it out.

But, some may go hungry as they seem to like eating it.

Thanks for the info.

They seem to like WHAT ????? ????

13 hours ago, Moonlover said:

It's been like that all along in Issan. Neither have we bothered with masks up here. I've been out walking unmasked and unmolested everyday. And have you noticed how few cases of Covid 19 there have been in the region? In Muaeng Sakon Nakhon, where we live, there has been just 1. 

You cannot judge what's been happening in Issan by 'driving by'.

I live in Isaan and travel around to various town's, Cities and get out and about, in our village which is between Udon Thani and Sakon Nakhon, things are well controlled, including the local market which is tapped off, so you have an access point, temperature check, hand sanitiser and exit at the bottom, this is a village, but the bigger towns where markets are, have no such control from what I have seen.

As for Covid-19 numbers, well, we know testing has been below other countries, so that would say that we really don't know how many people are really infected, do we ?

• Like 2

Ah, it will be paradise...

The few tourists that come will throw millions of Bhat around, money will be no object.  Nothing but "high class tourists". 

This will happen by the fall.

Give me a break, LOL!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

As for Covid-19 numbers, well, we know testing has been below other countries, so that would say that we really don't know how many people are really infected, do we ?

Seeing how overwhelmed hospitals are and full morgues I rather think the epidemy is not spreading in Thailand. Keep the country’s door closed and let’s get on with our lives.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tartempion said:

Seeing how overwhelmed hospitals are and full morgues I rather think the epidemy is not spreading in Thailand. Keep the country’s door closed and let’s get on with our lives.

Good point !

14 minutes ago, brain150 said:

There is no Pandemic !

There is a huge media propaganda campaign and criminal Governments making people <deleted> poor !

And there are hundreds of Scientists and Doctors all around the world now to back up this claim !!!

At first I was against these kind of thoughts ... do the right thing ... do everything 'I' can do to help and not make it spread. 

After 6-7 weeks, doing all what we've been told to do ... and looking at the numbers here, whatever those numbers are ... there are no crowded hospitals or dead ppl stacking up.

I start to change my mind and start to agree with you, or at least, start to think more serious and critical about it. Maybe there is more truth in what you say than what i thought initially.

The fact is, all the older generations, who can stay at home, have some sort of steady income .... will agree, stay at home.

That was the whole point in the beginning, protect the older and weaker members of society. 

But not that the complete world is going down and the future of all others, who can't just stay at home, is getting destroyed.

No one knows why it didn't spread here like it did i.e. EUR or US ... but one thing I start to believe, if it would had spread here, it would have done it in the same way ... regardless of the restrictions here. Which were more or less the same as every where else (except the alcohol ban).

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

And for the alcohol ban, I believed it made sense to bridge over the songkran period, to prevent the same happening as i.e. Madi Gras. 

But not to this extend. I don't believe that made the difference.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

All measures taken by all Governments world wide are against

WHO recommendations from Nov 2019 !!! [Study from WHO is attached !]

So why are all doing the same ?

Wearing Masks is useless and harmful if you are not sick ! [Sick = having symptoms !]

Cleaning your hands with Alcohol is harmful !

Viruses and Bacteria are part of your Immune system !

If you constantly destroy them you weaken your immune system !

That's what physicians will tell you ... it's nothing new !

WHO Study 2019-eng.pdf

3 hours ago, RedPill said:

At first I was against these kind of thoughts ... do the right thing ... do everything 'I' can do to help and not make it spread. 

After 6-7 weeks, doing all what we've been told to do ... and looking at the numbers here, whatever those numbers are ... there are no crowded hospitals or dead ppl stacking up.

I start to change my mind and start to agree with you, or at least, start to think more serious and critical about it. Maybe there is more truth in what you say than what i thought initially.

The fact is, all the older generations, who can stay at home, have some sort of steady income .... will agree, stay at home.

That was the whole point in the beginning, protect the older and weaker members of society. 

But not that the complete world is going down and the future of all others, who can't just stay at home, is getting destroyed.

No one knows why it didn't spread here like it did i.e. EUR or US ... but one thing I start to believe, if it would had spread here, it would have done it in the same way ... regardless of the restrictions here. Which were more or less the same as every where else (except the alcohol ban).

As Thailand had its first COVID 19 case in January, it is quite possible that a substantial proportion of the younger generations have already been infected (many without even knowing) and are immune. We'll soon find out as people begin mixing socially again.

The emphasis now should be on (a) mass testing to determine how far we are along the road to herd immunity and (b) the isolation and protection of the most-at-risk elderly, both in care homes and multi-generational households.

When schools reopen, the first priority should be to screen all students for the virus and issue parents with either an "all clear" notice or quarantine instructions, stressing the need to isolate their infected offspring from any older relatives.

From the OP "Many people now feel their lives are slowly returning to normal, especially as they can finally leave their homes to get some fresh air and exercise"

That's a very Bangkok-orientated view on life. Most Thais live in the countryside, villages or small towns. I doubt anyone outside the risky conurbations felt they could not leave their homes unless they were hyper-sensitive to the risks.

• Like 1

Why would anyone eat KFC-food?

I only visit for some icecream, now and then, but up to anyone

who have a craving for junk food will go there I guess!

Stay safe out there!

2 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

From the OP "Many people now feel their lives are slowly returning to normal, especially as they can finally leave their homes to get some fresh air and exercise"

That's a very Bangkok-orientated view on life. Most Thais live in the countryside, villages or small towns. I doubt anyone outside the risky conurbations felt they could not leave their homes unless they were hyper-sensitive to the risks.

What lockdown?  Situation normal where I live, rural Chiang Mai, outside the city.

On 5/6/2020 at 5:55 PM, snoop1130 said:

“There’s a huge difference between jogging in the park and on the street. Jogging in the street is not good for your health because there’s so much dust and fumes and hardly any shade. I even injured myself once because the footpaths are so uneven,” she said.

she is right. once you cross over that imaginary boundary between street and park you enter the magical place where the dust and fumes disappear into a rainbow of love.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, keystonecoppers2 said:

Why would anyone eat KFC-food?

I only visit for some icecream, now and then, but up to anyone

who have a craving for junk food will go there I guess!

Stay safe out there!

KFC is one of the fest fast joints where the food actually resembles real food.

Note-  that's chicken in this case.

On 5/6/2020 at 6:52 PM, Lacessit said:

Today in Chiang Rai, I was eating ( not takeaway ) with my GF in a Japanese restaurant. That's been going on there for two weeks, so lockdown requirements are either not being enforced, or are at the whim of individual governors.

I'm sure that permits which allow exemption from the requirements are available. It will just depend on the amount of "influence" you can muster...