UK to place all incoming travellers under 14-day quarantine: The Times

rooster59

Social Services,  have a open open door policy .

Just tell them you have paid UK taxes , man and boy , for donkies ears...

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Mine says she doesn't mind going to live there. Doesn't mind being the clue, as in not that excited !!

I've only just floated the idea, so we shall see...

Conwall isnt as invades as Holland, not eevr go back

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

About 2 months too late !! 

They had to get all the low paid East European fruit pickers and agricultural workers in first!

Britain too lazy to answer the farmers pleas for help.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I never told them I left, so already have residency and a NHS doctor.

Providing you've been telling the same story to HMRC of course; oh and any UK banks or off shore banks.

• Haha 1

At least 6 weeks too late . Boris, you have faiied your people.

This makes the British Parliament a laughing stock as not even tomorrow ,,,,enforcement not until 

middle of June ,,,,meanwhile the horse has bolted

I expect to see some more daily horrific death figures out of the UK for the next 2 months

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

What if you're homeless and a Brit (like many of us)?

Well you must be staying somewhere when you visit or would you be planning on spending your time in a doorway near Hyde Park?

I think that the idea is way too late and needlessly expensive to police.  People are getting frustrated with the lack of clarity over the easing of the lockdown and Boris seems unable to form a plan of action.  I imagine that Sundays announcement will be mainly window dressing to placate the grumbling masses.  I expect a push towards people cycling more and using public transport and cars less.  There certainly has been a massive increase of bikes on the road where we are.  But we are less than an hour or so ride from central London.

Just now, dunroaming said:

Well you must be staying somewhere when you visit or would you be planning on spending your time in a doorway near Hyde Park?

I stayed in a flat right next to Hyde Park.

But my pal that owned it died of AIDs last year, so that's gone now.

He'd paid 600kGBP for an attic room where you could touch all four walls at the same time.

Edited by BritManToo

This is incredible, the Thais have hotels and army accommodation set aside for all

people entering the country for a compulsory 14 day quarantine, none of this send

people home to self isolate and, if it's not too much trouble to let the authorities

know if you're feeling a bit under the weather.

I sometimes wonder if there is a deliberate policy of incompetence from the ministry of

duck tripping. I would love to know how the scientists, whose advice the government

is following, come up with this stuff. When the people from the cruise ships were 

repatriated they were sent to a hospital in Merseyside en masse and properly monitored.

It seems that as the situation has worsened the less they do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maechanman said:

I wonder if this will apply to airline crew who have had layovers, pop stars, royalty, footballers returning from overseas matches, politicians ????

International football is finished, no need for concerts, royalty won't be going where. Welcome to the new world, sealed borders, no fun, no pubs, over pompous zealots enforcing petty social distancing rules.

Boris the buffoon is reactive, pointless is doing a 14 day quarantine now, no thermal scanners anywhere, no guidance on masks and still dithering on an exit.

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I stayed in a flat right next to Hyde Park.

But my pal that owned it died of AIDs last year, so that's gone now.

He'd paid 600kGBP for an attic room where you could touch all four walls at the same time.

Sounds about right. Property prices around there are ludicrous.  The Knightsbridge side and Kensington Gore are the most expensive areas bordering the park now whereas the north side is a little less.  Park Lane still lives up to it's Monopoly Board reputation as it always has.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JoePai said:

So you just turn up in the UK for a holiday without a thought as to where you will be staying?

Many a Brit has gone back with nowhere to go. There was a guy not that long ago lived in Heathrow for a week before he got somewhere to stay.

Should imagine it is quite easy to self isolate in Heathrow these days.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I think that the idea is way too late and needlessly expensive to police.  People are getting frustrated with the lack of clarity over the easing of the lockdown and Boris seems unable to form a plan of action.  I imagine that Sundays announcement will be mainly window dressing to placate the grumbling masses.  I expect a push towards people cycling more and using public transport and cars less.  There certainly has been a massive increase of bikes on the road where we are.  But we are less than an hour or so ride from central London.

The papers are quoting Grant Schapps today and need for increased cycling or walking to work as there will be limited capacity on buses/trains. The increase in exercise will be healthy for the nation he said, well, he is right about that, fatties everyway!

I bought a 2nd hand bicycle a month ago and cycled to a ruined castle yesterday, drank 2 cans of lager and cycled back, must have been about 50 other people there, social distancing not 555.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Enoon said:

It's a lovely day today.

What true Briton would want to be anywhere else on a day such as this?

I'll be popping out for an "unnecessary journey" on the motorcycle later.

I've been taking "unnecessary journeys" everyday since I got back here on 25th March. In fact I've managed to cull quite a Facebook "friends" who didn't like my sunny selfies and cans of beer amongst the nature photos 555.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The papers are quoting Grant Schapps today and need for increased cycling or walking to work as there will be limited capacity on buses/trains. The increase in exercise will be healthy for the nation he said, well, he is right about that, fatties everyway!

I bought a 2nd hand bicycle a month ago and cycled to a ruined castle yesterday, drank 2 cans of lager and cycled back, must have been about 50 other people there, social distancing not 555.

I dug my bike out of the garage a couple of weeks ago and I am waiting for new tyres (ordered online) to arrive.  Most of the cyclists I see at the moment are families out with their kids.  The lycra boys are still whizzing around and as arrogant as ever.

• Like 1

Yep, 2-3 months too late, and self isolation doesn't work, they tried that first in Australia and people were going outside and mixing with other, so then they switched to forced 14-day isolation. 

6 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Uk has been using herd immunity by stealth that's why the death figs are so high

No ban on flights and people allowed to continue to work

The 'essential workers' was vague on purpose

This isn't quarantine, it's self isolating, much as most would do anyway after travelling overseas at present.

I would guess this is to assist in tracking and tracing as much as anything

I guess that's why as it was reported today that some UK hospitals were putting infected patients back into care homes - to ensure death and virus spread (alternate reasons defy explanation)

Edited by from the home of CC
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I dug my bike out of the garage a couple of weeks ago and I am waiting for new tyres (ordered online) to arrive.  Most of the cyclists I see at the moment are families out with their kids.  The lycra boys are still whizzing around and as arrogant as ever.

Yes lots of families with kids on bikes, yesterday I saw 6 lads, about 19 or 20 years old, there were at the castle too and shock horror, they were "sun bathing"and not social distancing tut tut.

Last time I rode a bicycle was around rot fai park in BKK, it had a basket on the front 555. So this time I've gone back to what I know and it's a BMX, I don't give a F*** what people think, I enjoy riding them!

Edited by tribalfusion001

15 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Yes lots of families with kids on bikes, yesterday I saw 6 lads, about 19 or 20 years old, there were at the castle too and shock horror, they were "sun bathing"and not social distancing tut tut.

Last time I rode a bicycle was around rot fai park in BKK, it had a basket on the front 555. So this time I've gone back to what I know and it's a BMX, I don't give a F*** what people think, I enjoy riding them!

Didn't think the young sunbathed at all these days.  I thought they all used fake tan.  Do still see the odd one on a BMX though, you should ride yours if you enjoy it.  I never rode a bicycle in Thailand, too hot for all that strenuous exercise. 

I first saw reports of a 14 day quarantine being introduced for those arriving in the UK in the online versions of the Daily Mail and the Mirror at the beginning of April while my wife and I were in Thailand. 

On arriving at LHR on 28th April we were very surprised to walk through immigration with no health checks at all; not even our temperatures being taken.

So I'll believe this latest report when it happens.

But I have to wonder why Boris and his boss Cummings did not introduce this measure long ago. They delayed lockdown and social distancing for far too long, and have delayed this even longer. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’m in the UK, I thought these measures were already in place, although instructions were vague.

I

Now the UK has the highest numbers in Europe, other countries need protection from the UK citizens !

noy many  black people and asians will be flying to pass it on and fewer whiteys now

times 4 rates from bame

43 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I first saw reports of a 14 day quarantine being introduced for those arriving in the UK in the online versions of the Daily Mail and the Mirror at the beginning of April while my wife and I were in Thailand. 

On arriving at LHR on 28th April we were very surprised to walk through immigration with no health checks at all; not even our temperatures being taken.

So I'll believe this latest report when it happens.

But I have to wonder why Boris and his boss Cummings did not introduce this measure long ago. They delayed lockdown and social distancing for far too long, and have delayed this even longer. 

their scientific advisors advised it would make no difference to the numbers so they didnt at the time

Still to be confirmed. Call me cynical, but floating the idea to get some reaction was the intention, and now they have it, it will be watered down significantly.  Decimating the airline, airport, tourist and supply industries with an ineffectual policy (which might have worked 2 months ago), might be Thai style, but hopefully wiser British heads will prevail.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1