How Much Does an Abortion cost in Thailand?

NCC1701A

Interesting, but nothing unusual on TV, a person asks a serious question about a topic and what is the result?  First, some make a "joke" even though the person seeking the information asks for no "jokes" as they are making a serious request.  Second, there are those who provide an "I think" idea without providing any thing useful.  Third. there are those who present "out of date" information such as "about 10 years ago".  Fourth, putting up information that is irrelevant such as "I know somebody who had an abortion but don't know how much it cost".  Then there are those who specify information, such as a clinic location but not knowing if the place actually exists as it "used to be located at".

Why bother to post if you do not or cannot answer the question or provide current information and I do not mean things such as "it is illegal" although one person did post about a new law recently introduced but not yet active.

Why not put yourself in the original poster's position and answer the question as requested or, to quote an old expression from back home - LEAVE IT OUT, if you know what that means.

'nuf sed.

Are you sure she is actually pregnant?

In case she is..

Givin the baby up for adoption is an option (and it rhymes)????

..some ppl actually sell them but I'm not familiar with the details.

Everything but butchering a human being.

Solly.

20 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

Interesting, but nothing unusual on TV, a person asks a serious question about a topic and what is the result?  First, some make a "joke" even though the person seeking the information asks for no "jokes" as they are making a serious request.  Second, there are those who provide an "I think" idea without providing any thing useful.  Third. there are those who present "out of date" information such as "about 10 years ago".  Fourth, putting up information that is irrelevant such as "I know somebody who had an abortion but don't know how much it cost".  Then there are those who specify information, such as a clinic location but not knowing if the place actually exists as it "used to be located at".

Why bother to post if you do not or cannot answer the question or provide current information and I do not mean things such as "it is illegal" although one person did post about a new law recently introduced but not yet active.

Why not put yourself in the original poster's position and answer the question as requested or, to quote an old expression from back home - LEAVE IT OUT, if you know what that means.

'nuf sed.

What have you added to this thread? maybe best not to post

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Oldie said:

"IF you are not the father why you want to do this at all?!

Don't you believe in helping a friend? Are you so cynical that you just can't imagine a foreigner being a real friend without benefits to a Thai woman?

You must be a sad character,  glad you're not on my friends list. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

'nuf sed.

Locked down, can't get to your pulpit?

56 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Don't you believe in helping a friend? Are you so cynical that you just can't imagine a foreigner being a real friend without benefits to a Thai woman?

You must be a sad character,  glad you're not on my friends list. 

Me too... 

It depends on the type of abortion required & the length of the pregnancy.

Medical abortions are still risky here  & also still illegal if not carried out for the 'correct'

reasons.

Chemical abortions (2 pill method) are a different matter,  I believe there are now a few family planning centres around Thailand now, cost is 1700B.

I think the limit on chemical route is 12 weeks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

If you have not read this pinned overview you probably should.  The overview is current status.

thanks. a search for the word abortion listed one topic before i started mine. this was not listed. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, johng said:

It's illegal unless she was raped..there are underground places  that any bargirl would know about.

And wishing them upon a woman is tantamount to cruelty.

While technically illegal, it is very much discretionary.

7 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

'nuf sed.

If you have not figured out that thaivisa is the primary of entertainment for a large number of the dying, dull, diesenfranchised, defeated, depressed or just plain drunk thailand hangers on, I am afraid you will only continue to be disappointed.

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

My sister-in-law had a couple of them done when she worked in Phuket about a decade ago, they are still illegal, cost was about 2,000-3,000 each time back then if memory serves me correctly, but I suppose it depends on who is doing them and where.

She asked my wife to help her out and she declined, her reason being that she knows better when having sex to wear a condom, and to take the pill, after all she was making money, but chose to drink it and take yabba dabba doo, her mistake, not my wife's, she is hard, but fair and I agreed with her, so the big sister paid for it twice, did her sister learn from it, well she now has a 2 year old, father being the x boy friend is in jail for a decade because he got busted dealing in yabba dabba doo.

If she is a friend and you lend her money, will this be the only time, I say that with respect.

Sometimes you got to be hard, or people don't learn, different if it was a life death situation, and I know you said you no jokes, so I have gone in the opposite direction as you didn't say no preaching ????

Epicly irrelavent.

Thanks so much.

8 hours ago, maximillian said:

Best answer. Thanks for posting.

Best answer for whom? 

You?

Only a man or religious fanatic would have the utter gall to dictate what is right for a woman he has never met.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, n00dle said:

And wishing them upon a woman is tantamount to cruelty.

While technically illegal, it is very much discretionary.

Again. not correct that it is illegal. Please see pinned thread.