21 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

this global lockdown was imposed on most countries by stronger countries

and the WHO.

thailand had no choice but to comply with the WHO instructions, especially

when air travel was halted.

the interesting country to check is turkemenistan, where it is illegal to even

say the word corona or to use masks !!! because the dictator there believe this

whole corona thing is a hoax.

The WHO can only advise,it has no authority to impose anything,and similarly for other 'stronger countries'..unless you have examples.. who again cannot ,nor have attempted to tell other countries what policy to follow. Otherwise how would you explain the different strategies followed by Sweden or Brazil etc compared to Korea or N Zealand?

Your last sentence even contradicts that! Doh!

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The rice scam was designed like that from the very beginning.

The farmers voted for it. And the middlemen and politicians profited.

in a job, everybody profit from own part of business... Correct ? So why don't make profit to give some other people (a lot of them, not just a little bit of them) opportunity to make money good ?

Tomorrow if i am the boss, i'm very happy to profit a bit about the job i can provide to make people get work and money. Why not ? Do you know someone who doesn't profit to work (slaves maybe) ?

When the profit serve also to regulate the society life (never mind the politic) to be better for workers and honest people, it is fine. I like when the drug dealers, thieves and pimp, all of them, go in jail or in a deep hole.

And i think it seems to be the choice made him popular in Thailand (if i can know about what poor people describe in there own life around this story time... it is not newspapers, but life of people around who speak).

So well... he is a businessman. there is/was some good ones in the human story. But we all know that when there is big business, there is also big sharks around, not only people who do something for others.

what does propaganda means ?

You should choose learn something more this day (maybe, feel free to do so)...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

What is the difference between "to be convicted" and "t o be persuaded" ?

To be convicted (con-vict):

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/convicted

should be to be sure by some kind of proof (but an information who is coming from a propaganda has never provide a proof of anything to be honest).

To be persuaded:

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/persuaded

That is the objective result of any "good" propaganda.

This ask a lot of knowledge about rhetoric "science".

I have difficulties to have any idea about all of this in a country where journalist have relative low freedom to speak about anything

(but in Europe, we have some relative freedom to, because there, the journalist's boss are, all of them, business men implicated in economies so deeply than they paid for politicians to present them as a lobbyist representative).

It is very difficult then to get so sure about anything nowadays. (but well... there is always someone to be sure)

What we can see is the result of dealers life and what the poor get more or less before and after. This is out of propaganda commercial communication and it looks like he resolves many dramatic situations (and that is why people seems to love him).

An American linguist did a great job and publish a great book about public consent in society (Mr Noam Chomsky did) with a lot of references and proof around.

That is why i'm not so sure than you about what it looks like to be with what we can read sometimes.

Much more in a country who is not mine, who doesn't have my culture and my language and with a relative very low level of knowledge in the population,

Why not ? But the probability to read something correct on a critical economic/politic subject in this environment should be very low.

I prefer to read you as you may be oriented to think this by preference and conviction (i may be wrong, but must probably not).

Much more if you have a businessman kind of life far from poor people (but i don't know your profile, maybe you are an exception in this world).

Never mind, have a good day and shock di.

Edited by jerolamo

Hindsight is 20/20.

leaders, opposition as well as armchair generals will all claim they have the right answer NOW.

not so easy based on what we did not know a couple of months ago.

im a firm believer in reopening with a few well explained guidelines BUT I also believe this problem is not over.

the next 60 days will tell us a lot. And then comes WINTER.

• Like 1

Since the plandemic was engineered by an evil group of global monsters, can we confidently surmise that those monster people are the one's responsible for 86,000 deaths in the United States? Or perhaps faking that the deaths as caused by or associated with CV-19?

It's hard to believe … I'm thinking it was aliens who took over the bodies of powerful humans. Causing 300,000+ human deaths globally would certainly be a feather in the cap of an alien overlord.

Edited by wwwTowerOfBabel
typo
  • Haha 1

On 5/14/2020 at 7:04 PM, YetAnother said:

he will be proved right, unfortunately

Yes, I think you're right, and it is unfortunate because there's no doubting that he shouldn't be right.

Try not to take any notice of the usual trolls who click the 'sad' or 'confused' feedback buttons. What they're actually seeing and reacting to is themselves, and their own confused state of mind. If you leave your car window open overnight, In the morning, your car will be full of mosquitoes looking for a non-threatening environment. Same same.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

Just think about 2 PMs.

Gibberish. I said there was extrajudicial killings under Thaksin. You said treason. I said please explain and this is your explanation. Who are the king pins? Not those poor sods that were executed that's for sure.

On 5/14/2020 at 6:35 PM, johng said:

Who  Thaksin and Yingluck ?   doubtful ????

I don't think that's what the guy meant, hard to tell, it was a vague  remark. Doesn't matter who achieves the results, it's the results that matter, 12 months to a year most likely, and that is fast tracking it. 

Edited by Jonathan Swift
Correct
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Unfortunately drugs always bring bad news but you notice something in Thailand today there's no longer a drug problem.

Either you have not visited Thailand , for a long time 

Or , you have self isolated in Thailand , for a very long time.  Another Kindler ?. 

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Sujo said:

Obviously people do care what thaksin thinks. His comments will not go down well with the general. Expect toys to be thrown out of his pram.

New Chinese tanks , on order .

The plastics ones were <deleted>.

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Gibberish. I said there was extrajudicial killings under Thaksin. You said treason. I said please explain and this is your explanation. Who are the king pins? Not those poor sods that were executed that's for sure.

One stole money and the other stole the whole country including the treasury. If you need me to explain that to you, then you have little idea what has been going on over the last 6 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, elliss said:

Either you have not visited Thailand , for a long time 

Or , you have self isolated in Thailand , for a very long time.  Another Kindler ?. 

The Drug problem is no where near as bad as before Thaksin or are you seeing Drug Dealers
shooting each other in the streets, Junkies mugging people or perhaps some carjackings where you are?
Because where I am there's no big problems with drugs.
I have no sympathy for drug dealers after loosing family to them scumbags and if the drug problems are back go after the scum again that's what I say.

Edited by DirtyHarry55

3 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Who cares what he thinks? Most intelligent people. Next question - Whether he is a "criminal" depends on whose side you're on, and that is wholly irrelevant. His words are highly relevant and have merit based on his stated and obvious experience with epidemics, and he speaks to critical issues without regard to politics. It's a shame that you can't get your head out of the gutter of your petty animosities long enough to consider the greater good. Thaksin deserves respect for what he says, spoken with concern for the well being of all, yes, even including the likes of you.  

Patronizing to the point of nausea. Who decides what makes someone intelligent - not you. How many "intelligent people" did you sample before concluding "most care what he thinks"? How did you select the sample?

His opinion is as relevant as any other discredited corrupt former politician. He politicizes everything he says to his own agenda. If the government lock down, he'll say not needed. If they don't he'll say they must. Purely stirring the pot for his own ends.

Thaksin has shown zero interest in any "greater good" other than things which benefit him and his family.

Your post reads like the drivel a certain Mr. Amsterdam used to spew.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

One stole money and the other stole the whole country including the treasury. If you need me to explain that to you, then you have little idea what has been going on over the last 6 years.

One stole rather a lot of money, and was planning to steal 2 trillion! Not much left in the treasury if he'd been allowed to plunder it. 

The games are bigger than we farangs can imagine. So the rewards, and the downsides. He spun the dice and lost. He totally misjudged the mass public reactions to his attempted self whitewash and that 2.2 trillion baht loan.

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, uli65 said:

Mr Thaksin Shinawatra is a true gentleman compared with this brainless government.

these crooks has destroyed this country more then any others in the last 50 years.

Do tell us your criteria for "a true gentleman" and explain how these qualities are shown by Thaksin.

7 minutes ago, essox essox said:

he is allowed HIS opinion....like all other fellow men/women.....

Of course he is.

My opinion is that his opinion is nothing to do with the best interests of Thailand, rather the best interests of Thaksin............................ but we know that.