Three actresses lodge complaint of sexual harassment on social media

webfact

44 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This story was printed to get more followers on their FB pages.

Problem being their FB pages aren't that interesting, and there's loads of younger, more attractive Thai girls in competition happy to take selfies with lots more flesh on display.

Oh right.

It's not news then - just some 'advertorial'. OK.

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

If you have had your FB account for years you are right, but I think Im right in saying if you open a new account in a dodgy name after a couple of months FB ask you to confirm your identity if not they put the account on holed until you do

They are also asking old accounts to verify identity now.

4 hours ago, Denim said:
4 hours ago, webfact said:

“Also, creating a fake social media account is a violation of Computer-related Crime Act Section 14 with maximum punishment of five years imprisonment or a Bt100,000 fine,”

Wonder where they draw the line on that since almost nobody uses their real name ??

Section 14. If any person commits any offence of the following acts shall be subject to imprisonment for not more than five years or a fine of not more than one hundred thousand baht or both:

1. that involves import to a computer system of forged computer data, either in whole or in part, or false computer data, in a manner that is likely to cause damage to that third party or the public;

The last phrase answers your question.

4 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Funny police didn’t set up a sting and tell her to agree to do the deed and arrest whoever shows up. I guess that would eliminate the option for a misunderstanding if it was someone connected. 

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

So why didn't the police simply get one of the girls to agree to meet him and the police are waiting in the hotel room for him?

Why would any of these (presumably reasonably well-known actresses) agree to that and, therefore, admit to being prostitutes on social media, regardless of the real motive?  Mud sticks, remember.

4 hours ago, bangkokfrog said:
5 hours ago, webfact said:

all messages came from an account of a man named Jongsawat (last name withheld), whom they reached out to

Makes you wonder how / why they "reached out" to him. Hard to believe that all three identified someone in need and contacted him as an act of kindness.

Where did it say that they did that "out of an act of kindness"?  They were trying to identify him!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It appears it's only regarding creating an account within Thailand.

If you created it in, say, the US but accessed it in Thailand, is that a violation of Thai law?

You could possibly be off the hook.

For the purposes of this, the part that matters is the last part relating to damage to third parties...

Section 14. If any person commits any offence of the following acts shall be subject to imprisonment for not more than five years or a fine of not more than one hundred thousand baht or both:

1. that involves import to a computer system of forged computer data, either in whole or in part, or false computer data, in a manner that is likely to cause damage to that third party or the public;

1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:
4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It appears it's only regarding creating an account within Thailand.

If you created it in, say, the US but accessed it in Thailand, is that a violation of Thai law?

You could possibly be off the hook.

For the purposes of this, the part that matters is the last part relating to damage to third parties...

It appears that highlighting this regulation has brought concern to a handful of pervy stalking mongers !!!!! :cheesy:

• Like 1

I wonder if the were tempted..... just a little, 1 Million +,better than

giving it away for free.if it had been a Million $, I don't think we

would have heard about it,money up front of cause.

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:
3 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Why would any of these (presumably reasonably well-known actresses) agree to that and, therefore, admit to being prostitutes on social media, regardless of the real motive?  Mud sticks, remember.

My misses says plenty of Thai actress and singers are available for private performances.

Good for her but what's that got to do with my point of why these three should confirm that they are pros on social media if they're not for the benefit of an investigation?

26 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Since thai ladies have just about no talent to act, except for being able to exaggerate some kind of anger, how else in this world (country) could they ever be able to land an actress job?

Rich families or dad usually own tv station.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

“Also, creating a fake social media account is a violation of Computer-related Crime Act Section 14 with maximum punishment of five years imprisonment or a Bt100,000 fine,” he added. “TCSD will investigate this matter as well as question the owner of the said account to find the culprit.”

Many an expat should be concerned over this...

19 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Funny police didn’t set up a sting and tell her to agree to do the deed and arrest whoever shows up. I guess that would eliminate the option for a misunderstanding if it was someone connected. 

I'm sure that FB would log the time the messages were sent, the phone company could give information regarding his usage at these times.

What can one even say? First of all, who does something this inane? Second, a million baht? Either is was a very stupid joke of some sort, or this guy is insane. For 15,000 baht, he can get comparable, any day of the week here. Likely the police did not want to set up a sting, due to the amount of money involved. If it were a real offer, it would mean the guy was wealthy, which would mean he was potentially well connected, or simply above the law. 

One thing I will say for this creep. He sure has good taste. All of these gals are stunning, even hidden behind those masks! 

Edited by spidermike007

'....and offered Bt1.2 million cash for sleeping with him three times a month'.

Tempting....

On 5/15/2020 at 10:24 AM, bert bloggs said:

Glad i was brought up in a time before all these stupid social media accounts ,had real friends and enamies . who gives a flying f-rt what anyone writes on there ? only todays snowflake generation .

People have committed suicide for getting bullied on Facebook.   Apparently, they could not just turn it off or stop using it.  Strange world.