Makro boosts anti-virus measures ahead of Sunday relaxation

snoop1130

Makro boosts anti-virus measures ahead of Sunday relaxation

By The Nation

800_fb625095c515e1f.jpg

Makro has teamed up with the Health Department to ensure its stores are protected from Covid-19 as they prepare to reopen on Sunday (May 17).

The “new normal” for Makro shoppers will focus on increasing distance, cutting congestion, and reducing the risk of the contact, with a team on hand to guide customers.

Makro has launched five measures to keep shoppers safe:

1. Limit customers in each branch to one person per 5 square metres, and provide seats placed 1 metre apart in front of the branch for waiting customers.

2. Floor markings to distance shoppers in busy areas such as the fresh food and meat displays and checkouts.

3. Teams of 3-5 staff per branch to maintain the “new normal” of social distancing.

4. Increase open space within stores to enable social distancing.

5. Focus on cashless payment to reduce the risk from handling cash in all branches

Meanwhile, all Makro customers will have their body temperature checked on entry, and must wear face masks. More alcohol-sanitiser points will be set up, while exposed surfaces will be disinfected every 15 minutes, including service counters, telephones, ATMs, and customer wheelchairs.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387917

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-15

• Haha 1

New normal after new normal. STOP SAYING NEW NORMAL. 

Went into a store yesterday my temp was 38 according to the probably Chinese made temp check. Been outside for a bit in 40+C. 3 min later after being in the aircon my temp was 35. something. Meaningless.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

Our local Makro did not close. They have the temperature guys at the front door. Inside it is anything goes. No social distancing when buying meat or any other goods. They have lines on the floors at the cashier but no enforcement. I had to tell the customers behind me to move back. They had no idea.

• Like 2

Absurd and depressing.

Has been open all the time.

Crowds fighting for boxes of beer.

Now boosting?

Can someone beam me to Vietnam?

"boosting": the mom&pop shop in the district town where I buy beverages (crates) had business as usual all the time (just wearing masks of course).

Today: front of the shop with barrier tape, "entrance" with table, thermometer, cleaning gel, logbook :wacko:

Fortunately they didn't care about the .... :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Last few times I have been to Makro north pattaya, 2 securities at the booze section.

Have to take a number because only 5 people allowed inside.

They tell you which direction you can walk, and foot marks are on the floor.

You would get teetotaller for less

15 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Look at the picture at the top....isn't it the same as this.........

AIS center in Udon was "smarter".

Two self service machines side by side (~ 1 m).

Left one "closed" for Covid-19 protection.

It's a madhouse.

("official" number of Covid cases ZERO since weeks in Udon)

Edited by KhunBENQ

12 hours ago, dinsdale said:

New normal after new normal. STOP SAYING NEW NORMAL. 

Went into a store yesterday my temp was 38 according to the probably Chinese made temp check. Been outside for a bit in 40+C. 3 min later after being in the aircon my temp was 35. something. Meaningless.

Everytime I go shopping I'm supposedly suffering from hypothermia..

16 hours ago, mr mr said:

i can't take much more of this. i feel like i'm in bazzaro world or something. 

You have my sympathy but here in Cambodia shopping at supermarkets is as normal, other than hand spray and temperature on entry. Once inside, a "free for all" with your trolley and no "Fred Carno" social distancing rules as they would be impossible to implement in the confined spaces!! Cars, motorcycles and tuk-tuks all parked together outside. At checkout, usually 3 persons to assist you, a trolley "un-packer", the cashier and a bag packer - all within close range. By the way, we also get free plastic bags to carry our purchases - great!!

16 hours ago, JerseytoBKK said:

Maybe you sit in the cart like a 3 year old and she wheels you around?

Try not to throw a temper tantrum when she goes by the beer display.  "I want beer....I want beer....I WANT BEER....I'M GOING TO HOLD MY BREATHE AND TURN BLUE IF YOU DON'T GET ME A CASE OF BEER"

giphy-33.gif

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

2. Floor markings to distance shoppers in busy areas such as the fresh food and meat displays and checkouts.

They can put markings on the floor, but my experience is that they are completely ignored. Still, it's the image that counts.

17 hours ago, mr mr said:

i can't take much more of this. i feel like i'm in bazzaro world or something. 

If keeping some distance is all that's needed for you to be no longer able to take it, I'd suggest to seek professional help. It's hardly the end of the world when people are not breathing in your neck.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Absurd and depressing.

Has been open all the time.

Crowds fighting for boxes of beer.

Now boosting?

Can someone beam me to Vietnam?

"boosting": the mom&pop shop in the district town where I buy beverages (crates) had business as usual all the time (just wearing masks of course).

Today: front of the shop with barrier tape, "entrance" with table, thermometer, cleaning gel, logbook :wacko:

Fortunately they didn't care about the .... :thumbsup:

Bye enjoy Vietnam. Thailand won't miss you

• Like 1