National Security Council recommends extending emergency decree

webfact

11 minutes ago, time2093 said:

No, many guys here are jumping the gun. According to the English translated articles in Bangkok post, the extension is set so the prime minister will still be in control rather then ending the emergency decree and giving power to the local governors. It doesn't mean that the curfew at night will be extended for another month as phase 3 and 4 could still take place as scheduled, but who knows with this government as they change their mind every day.

Exactly, all the so called experts on here do not understand that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

don't forget your app so you can buy food. 

There is no app. Just a QR code that links to website where you click a green button when entering store and an orange one upon exit. No tracking only a log of when you entered and exited store....you can even loiter in the women's lingerie section of Big C and they'll never know it.

Edited by tonray

23 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

All the usual anti current government posters out. All pretending to know more than anyone else - yeah right!

Just can't bring themselves to admit a government they dislike, of a country they're a guest in, has handled this pandemic much better than those much vaunted Western Democracy First World Nations!

Keep pretending if it floats your boat ????????

Yep, a load of middle aged educated experts posting from their shoeboxes providing this gov with their 200 baht a day, yet here they are criticizing with their sense of false entitlement. You couldn't make it up.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ventenio said:

@mehrdad      1.  domestic abuse rates higher

2.  suicides higher

3.  mental disease skyrocketing

4.  poverty:  millions can no longer buy food

5.  house prices collapsing

6.  retirement plans imploding

7.  families unable to buy medicine

8.  families unable to go to the hospital (filled with covid patients)

9.  health care costs higher, not covering covid

10.  food inflation up drastically

11.  drug use and alcohol consumption higher

12.  millions of poor families on the brink of complete disaster

13.  xenophobia rates higher

14.  supply chains broken

have you really thought about what you are saying??????

and the baht is climbing

2 hours ago, ericdiam said:

Yeah just extend and extend. Thailand is nearly covid free. They act paranoia. This is just to keep power and continue control in this dictatorship regime.

Thai people have no job, no earn money and no food. But these junta leaders not care 1 second for their own people. Really terrible.

same same America

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Why did you settle in Thailand? You should have known that it is a young people's country, and young people can be energetic and seek out entertainment.

You come to Thailand and then expect it to re-invent itself to your liking? Yes, that is selfish and one could say a Colonialist attitude. Perhaps there's an old folks home back in your country that would welcome you and set a "lights out" policy at 20:30.

Have you been out lately after your glass of Metamucil? You would notice there are many more folks sleeping on the streets, out of work and tossed from their homes. There is a reasonable way so that old and vulnerable people like you can stay ensconced in your home 24/7, but those less vulnerable can work while practicing social distancing 

Edited by mehrdad

55 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Why did you settle in Thailand? You should have known that it is a young people's country, and young people can be energetic and seek out entertainment.

When I was young I could find women to bang in my own country.

No reason to come here then.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pedigree said:

Which of the emergency decrees? I know there have been a series of emergency decrees, I just don't know which one we're operating under. The one of 9 p.m. to 4 a.m. or the one of no gatherings or which?

it's now 11pm to 4 am.... do keep up dear chap!

3 hours ago, Ventenio said:

@mehrdad      1.  domestic abuse rates higher

2.  suicides higher

3.  mental disease skyrocketing

4.  poverty:  millions can no longer buy food

5.  house prices collapsing

6.  retirement plans imploding

7.  families unable to buy medicine

8.  families unable to go to the hospital (filled with covid patients)

9.  health care costs higher, not covering covid

10.  food inflation up drastically

11.  drug use and alcohol consumption higher

12.  millions of poor families on the brink of complete disaster

13.  xenophobia rates higher

14.  supply chains broken

have you really thought about what you are saying??????

1. Not exclusive it covid. Any links to confirmed increases?

2 & 3. Confirmation? 
4. undeniable. Open everything for how? No tourists and the locals don’t have Kirby and/or are too scared to go outside 

5. again proof? I’ve been looking at property and I haven’t seen any fire sales 

6. how so? Exchange rates a steady. Share markets are rebounding quite nicely.

7. no first hand knowledge so can’t comment 

8. Can you confirm which hospitals are ‘full of covid patients’ please? I’d like to stay away too 

9. my policy stated the same cost. Our last month

10. what foods? Imported foreign items are the only drastic rises I’ve seen 

11. links? Not sure how that’d work seeing as there was no sales for 3 weeks 

12. no doubt. A very sad reality. By opening everything (massage shops and  bars are  the only absence right now) is not gonna solve the cash flow problem.

13. I and my friends are yet to see it. I guess we’re lucky 

14. UPS from Italy to Pattaya 4 days. UPS US to Pattaya 3 days. What supply lines would they be?

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

control,control,control; welcome to the new thailand

Im very disappointed in Thailands decision on when theyll reopen. How will Thailand survive the economic crunch? Whats Thailand waiting for now the numbers are already falling.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

don't forget your app so you can buy food. 

Ration books going to be issued very soon... ;( now I know how my grandparents felt during the 2nd world war....!

Edited by Falcon

26 minutes ago, randy723 said:

These people just have to try and show their power. there are many farangs wanting to leave here and NEVER come back because of this useless lockdown

Same in America people want to move to states that are completely opening up without issues. While democrat run states are dragging their feet my state of Massachusetts is a RINO state Gov Charlie Baker runs it dont forget that name.

• Like 1