Heat inside car parked in sunlight ‘can kill most of the virus’, says professor

snoop1130

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The SARS Coronavirus is reportedly killed off at 56°C while other reports suggest that Coronaviruses can survive 60°C for more than an hour.

I suspect Ultraviolet light to have greater potential for killing the virus than the accumulated heat inside a vehicle.

The flame thrower that I used on my neighbours works pretty good too.

• Like 1

My theory - developing countries with tons of viruses pathogens and bacteria, the people build up a much greater immunity system than do countries that have minimized these diseases and sanitized environments...

there are valid reasons why westerners visit an employee health nurse b/f visiting third world countries....

And I do like Lysol as an disinfectant....

15 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

yes Singapore is freezing cold

Singapore has a different temperate climate to Thailand e.g. high humidity and a lot of rain. You can't compare. 

How long time had we known the Covid19 now ? 5-6 month.

Is this the level of the Covid research, we need more research to find out if virus die fast in the heat ?

That should be some simple works in a lab ? But what we get is a professor who will make more research in it.

17 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Singapore's majority of cases came from cramped Migrant workers dorms, with people living 40 to a room. They have only 22 deaths and at 29000 total cases still a lot lower than places in Europe and west

• Like 1

Thai government have in place the following:

Social distancing

Wearing of face mask

Signing in at Shops to track contacts

Banning of sale of alcohol at restaurants and bars

Closure of certain 'high risk' businesses

Restrictions on entering the country

And from 22nd May 2563 a government instruction will be enforced in order to limit human-to-human transmission that requires anyone leaving their property to parboil themselves for 8-10 minutes.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, rtco said:

Singapore has a different temperate climate to Thailand e.g. high humidity and a lot of rain. You can't compare. 

Singapore temperate? It's in the bloody tropics ennit. In fact it's the southeast Asian nation that is entirely closest to the bloody equator.

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm pretty sure the sun and heat here in Thailand is the main reason cases are low

18 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

other factors involved obviously. Singapore much more densely populated, Thailand is a very outdoorsy country. What's your theory? it's the closure of the beaches?

Also:

Singapore has 23 deaths in a population of 5.6 million. OK not quite as spectacularly low as Thailand but still way much lower than Europe/US/Brazil.

The number of confirmed cases at 29,800 is way higher than Thailand, but who knows what the real number in Thailand is. Official policy here, particularly in the earlier months, was to save money and not test unless the patient looked like he/she was expiring.

I don't agree White Christmas13's apparent contention that Singapore is an example that disproves climate input to the rate of Covid infection and morbidity.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Singapore temperate? It's in the bloody tropics ennit. In fact it's the southeast Asian nation that is entirely closest to the bloody equator.

Singapore is characterised by a hot and humid climate. Located just 1 degree north of the equator, it quite naturally enjoys a tropical/equatorial climate. The island does not have clear-cut seasons like summer, spring, autumn and winter. The weather is warm and humid all year round. Rainfall is almost an everyday phenomenon, even during the non-monsoon period. These brief showers are usually quite refreshing, as they provide respite from the sun.

Due to its geographical location and maritime exposure, Singapore’s climate is characterized by uniform temperature and pressure, high humidity and abundant rainfall. The average temperature is between 25 degrees Celsius and 31 degrees Celsius. Thunderstorms occur on 40% of all days. Relative humidity is in the range of 70% – 80%. April is the warmest month, January is the coolest month and November is the wettest month.

On 5/21/2020 at 5:15 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I'm pretty sure the sun and heat here in Thailand is the main reason cases are low

And did you not read in the same article

"We still encourage people to wear face masks when shopping or running errands outside their homes,” he added. “You can also disinfect masks by leaving them inside the car, as long as it is parked somewhere warm.