CCSA approves extension of emergency for a month

webfact

9 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

pathetic attempt at governmental control

Big General is watching you!

They have known about the extension of the state of emergency to the end of June for a long time, otherwise they would have not said that schools would open until 01 July, closed international arrivals until 30 June and extended the visas until 31st July.

None of the Thais followed the stay at home request for all the holidays between 01 and 06 May, and the Government did not enforce the 14 day quarantine period when they all left or returned. Amazing Thailand!

1 minute ago, Magenta408 said:

Billy, Gyrogy and the Rockefellers are still throwing far too much money at these Neanthertals. All they see is a flow of money coming in and are not able to reason. They play their little games oblivious to the harm they cause to their countrymen.

Ah..the Rockefellers at last...who'd have thunk it?

I guess that "Billy" refers to Bill Gates...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, john mustang said:

i start to believe the entire British SAS stays in Pattaya.

Indeed they do..just down the soi from the Navy SEALS..

They all get a discount apart from the Kazakhstanian synchronized swimming team-which SHOULD get a discount but don't.

4 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

We leave that hyperbolic language better for the usa...

No, it isn't. How did you decide to get the USA involved in this topic? 

We leave that hyperbolic language better for other countries...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

1,000 Thais returned from overseas in the last two days. Some of them will be found to be positive. Not all of them obey the isolation rules.

It is still out there - just in smaller numbers.

It will always be there. These restrictions are to "flatten the curve", which means that we are spreading the same number of infections over a longer time.

The measures will not eradicate the virus. For that, you need a vaccine or the majority of people being infected 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Expat Tom said:

Oh! By the way, the governemnt will immediately invite 10,000,000 Chinese back to Thailand as soon as the restrictions are lifted. Maybe the government should update its info. China has another outbreak on its boarder with Russia and has locked down 100,000,000 Chinese just a weeks ago......WELCOME BACK CHINA! THAILAND LOVES YOU!!!

100 milion Chinese locked down? I beg to differ.

Where did you get your information? The White House?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

bc people still can have the virus without symptons for up to two weeks if i am correct.

To end the emergency too soon would be very foolish with giving a second outbreak a change.

More excuses it's called taking responsible measures. Stay home 2 weeks or be fines 100k Baht

• Haha 1

What I do not understand are the restrictions with interprovincial travel.  The domestic airlines and buses are running now.  The car traffic is heavy.  I do not see the emergency measures in effect.  Maybe this will end in June but I think the borders will be closed for quite some time.

bc people still can have the virus without symptons for up to two weeks if i am correct.

To end the emergency too soon would be very foolish with giving a second outbreak a change.

You realize there has been more than 1, zero case, 14 day virus cycle in the majority of provinces? Perhaps a more logical approach would be to isolate the high-risk group (which is a tiny % of the Thai population) instead of destroying the economy, and prolonging the agony of not building herd immunity. The infection rate for the 69,430,000 Thai population is 0.004 percent. If there is no herd immunity acquired by the "not at risk" majority of the population, then yes, there could be a "2nd Wave". There is also the possibility that no vaccine will be developed...there is not one for SARS covid and many other lethal viruses, and "science" has never "eradicated" a virus. Either a vaccine or an infection/recovery, gave immunity.  An aside comment to "Tropicalevo".  I would wonder why 1000 returnees were not tested, given the simplicity of that solution.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mberbae said:

Seems like Life is almost back to normal, except for the massage shops,

bars and kareokes.  The complainers must mostly be patrons of those

establishments.

Not really - a lot of people like to go out for a meal and wash it down with a glass of wine/bottle of beer/G&T! So where is the logic of the "booze ban'? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

They have been showing on TV news and in the news papers for weeks. Massive cues for food...

Didn't know you could get "massive" cues? Maybe that's why I can' t make more than a 30 break (on a good day!)

Edited by sambum

Almost no virus deaths within Thailand (around fifty in almost 5 months) and no new virus cases.
The external borders are tight. Whoever comes in, will be tested and quarantined for 14 days.
So why is the entire population held in an emergency? With curfew, ban on meetings and travel restrictions? Many are still not allowed to work and no beer / wine for dinner. All this order and law suppression is striking. And there's an incredible rage of data collection going on.
Thailand means Land of the free, unfortunately its gone. And unfortunately you don't hear any Thais questioning the overregulation/overcontroll loudly in Parliament or in the media. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steelepulse said:

I've been thinking this is the reason why they keep the emergency decree, keep the opposition quiet and repressed.

Of course, it was never about the virus. Songkran would have seen people congregating and planning protests. Why still have a curfew and no alcohol with a meal in a restaurant, control.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

Almost no virus deaths within Thailand (around fifty in almost 5 months) and no new virus cases.
The external borders are tight. Whoever comes in, will be tested and quarantined for 14 days.
So why is the entire population held in an emergency? With curfew, ban on meetings and travel restrictions? Many are still not allowed to work and no beer / wine for dinner. All this order and law suppression is striking. And there's an incredible rage of data collection going on.
Thailand means Land of the free, unfortunately its gone. And unfortunately you don't hear any Thais questioning the overregulation/overcontroll loudly in Parliament or in the media. 

So why is the entire population held in an emergency?

why indeed? though do you honesty believe the government statistics are 100% true and accurate? with no mass testing done, and non planned, the authorities have no idea of the level of infection or number of deaths.

compared the track and trace initiatives in say, korea and the uk, to what is being done in thailand and it's immediately clear at best it is an ineffective pr stunt, at worst a joke.

the government knows it has no idea of the scale of the problem and has no effective measures in place to respond to the crisis, therefore they have to keep restrictions in place.

any western country that had the statistics thailand has been reporting would be close to opening up completely.

• Like 2

While everyone seems to make jokes about the government here, the fact of the matter is they aren't stupid. They know full well how the testing is being conducted, so they also would know that there could be thousands of infected folks out there that are falling through the cracks. Not to mention they have already determined that the flu strain that came from China was not as infectious as the mutated one that came out of Italy and made it's way to the U.S.. The last thing they need is for the much more infectious strain to make it's way here, so it would probably be best to keep the screws turned for a while longer. If they were really smart, they would forget about loosening anything at least until the end of the year. That would definitely destroy their economy, although an argument could be made that it has already happened but it would be better than a massive spread that clearly the hospitals here could not handle. 

8 minutes ago, runamok27 said:

While everyone seems to make jokes about the government here, the fact of the matter is they aren't stupid. They know full well how the testing is being conducted, so they also would know that there could be thousands of infected folks out there that are falling through the cracks. Not to mention they have already determined that the flu strain that came from China was not as infectious as the mutated one that came out of Italy and made it's way to the U.S.. The last thing they need is for the much more infectious strain to make it's way here, so it would probably be best to keep the screws turned for a while longer. If they were really smart, they would forget about loosening anything at least until the end of the year. That would definitely destroy their economy, although an argument could be made that it has already happened but it would be better than a massive spread that clearly the hospitals here could not handle. 

So riddle me this, if there are so many infections going about, why aren't these thousands that you speak about coming forward? Are they all asymptomatic, or are there not thousands of infected people still about?  If there were thousands infected walking about that were feeling any symptoms, some of them would have checked into hospital, correct?

• Thanks 2

Well something does not add up for sure..... I am sat here "fat 'n unhappy" in the UK where the brakes are just starting to come off, and here we have ever so slightly more cases of Covid-19 than apparently in Thailand.....

Now, be nice to me guys, its my first post!