Protests worldwide embrace Black Lives Matter movement

rooster59

9 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

Yes, but it's a different issue. These protests are specifically about longterm institutional racism against blacks. You can start your own worthwhile campaign, no problem, and I'll cheer you  for it.

yes, I realise that, but its narrowness, while perfectly understandably, is already getting distorted.  For example, the Authorities and the Police may say, and do say, that most crime in America is perpetrated by African Americans. They say that George Floyd was not a nice person anyway, that the ghettos are full of African Americans dealing drugs and all kinds of crimes, all manner of other BS arguments.  They use this to justify violence and discrimination. The message is already getting warped, as the Authorities kick back and the riots become an excuse for some to loot and react violently.  A wider campaign that includes all of human kind can last longer and will not have false arguments attached, in other words, it is much harder to fight against. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not a very nice way to treat the statue of a truly great president who risked it all to help abolish slavery and bring the country back on track, but hatred is and has always run deep in people  You can not fix perception or jadedness that people feel, and you never will able to change peoples hearts and minds.....

The nob heads that did it are out for the day just to vandalise and cause trouble, more than likely didn't know who the statue was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Apparently in the US, one of the major problems seems to be the Police Unions. The reason why the murderer Chauvin was allowed to continue to work, after 12 (up to 17, depending on the source) citations for violence and previous murders, was the union. They put up such a fight. The captain wanted him fired. So did the city council, apparently, some time ago. Yet, he prevailed due to thew power of his morally and ethically corrupt union. 

These demonstrations around the world are a wonderful thing. Alot of white people just do not get it. Most of my white friends do not get it. As a white person it is very difficult to have any perspective on this. I have always had alot of black and hispanic friends, and I see what they deal with.

I particularly recommend this study done by Ben and Jerry's. Yes, those ice cream guys. It is very well done, and has alot of good information. Very good reading for some of the white people who do not have a clue.

Since the election of Donald Trump, hate crimesOpens a new window have been on the rise. White supremacistsOpens a new window have been emboldened. Anti-immigrantOpens a new window rhetoric has intensified. We condemn these awful examples of prejudice and bias and hate, but systemic racism is something different. It’s less about violence or burning crossesOpens a new window than it is about everyday decisions made by people who may not even think of themselves as racist. As sociologist Eduardo Bonilla-Silva has saidOpens a new window, "The main problem nowadays is not the folks with the hoods, but the folks dressed in suits."

https://www.benjerry.com/home/whats-new/2016/systemic-racism-is-real

Come on man Ben and Jerry’s ice cream espousing  a perfect society and that the hoods aren’t the problem  anymore it’s the suits!  

Seems to me all colors have been wearin suits for many decades.

If People want change go vote for it. Don’t go around preaching your cause during chaos ,destruction and violence such as BLM,to achieve change ,that people have struggled with since the beginning of humanity !

What happen to George was committed  by a sick human being.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, roo860 said:

The nob heads that did it are out for the day just to vandalise and cause trouble, more than likely didn't know who the statue was.

Sort of like the Thai's who wear nazi clothing and Hitler shirts.....truly unschooled people.

52 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

This needs to be widened.  All lives matter, black, white and any other colour in between.  Police brutality, societies indifference to discrimination of all kinds, individual racism, institutional racism in large, small, medium organisations and within governments, they are all evil and need to be eradicated.  I would like to see this world wide protest expand into a demand for respect for all lives and an end to all discrimination. 

A noble  cause! Surely,tweaks to enforcement can be and must be instituted for all lives

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Just when the World was getting the Corona virus under control, this comes along and will cause the virus to spread further .

Many people congregating and spreading a deadly disease and shouting about "lives matter" , stop spreading the virus if lives matter so much  

No proof that it will spread further, the British police were not wearing masks in Downing Street, but 95% of the protesters were. So if covid-19 is such a threat in London why would the police not be wearing masks!

If there is a spike in London that will be because the government is fixing the figures suit the agenda.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

If they matter so much ,why do far more of them constantly kill each other?

That's because of the poverty, low education, and denying of opportunity imposed on them by the despicable white race. 

Well according to some it is!

And many in other countries are jumping on the bandwagon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

That has been all over the media too and the cops are being charged, but his colleagues all resigned from the riot squad. No excuse pushing a 75 year old over and casuing head injuries.

I agree. There was no reason to shove someone that age like that. What's worse the police just looked at him, none really bothered to help. But a couple of servicemen went over to him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I agree. There was no reason to shove someone that age like that. What's worse the police just looked at him, none really bothered to help. But a couple of servicemen went over to him. 

I agree they should not have done that but I also think he should not have been there provoking a reaction. He's a well known activist who set out to break the law and he's achieved his goal of provoking those Police.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

No proof that it will spread further, the British police were not wearing masks in Downing Street, but 95% of the protesters were. So if covid-19 is such a threat in London why would the police not be wearing masks!

If there is a spike in London that will be because the government is fixing the figures suit the agenda.

Simply wearing a mask will not stop a person contracting/spreading the virus

3 hours ago, bodga said:

It  kills  more Blacks  than Whites  too even the virus  is racist now

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/20/black-americans-death-rate-covid-19-coronavirus

But Africa, which has more blacks than whites, hasn't been as affected as the US. Or Europe.

More sophistry from the Guardian.

Poor people haven't been wiped out in droves around the globe either.

Much more meaningful and reliable research is needed, by professional, before real conclusions and learning points can be established. Not hack journalists twisting things to make political points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Lots of protesting, but I still don't know exactly what it is they want changed. Maybe they want more protests so they can join more parties. The "support" protests look like metoo-wannabies.

All of the protests are growing in strength, each individual country has it's own agenda for protesting and the common theme of police brutality. As the protests grow it will more like anti-government protests, looks unstoppable same as the virus.

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Simply wearing a mask will not stop a person contracting/spreading the virus

So why wasn't the police wearing masks in Downing Street? It's because there is no covid-19 threat in London. There is no need to break up groups of more than six.

• Confused 1