Man and woman put child’s life at risk for entertainment By The Nation

webfact

Man and woman put child’s life at risk for entertainment

By The Nation

800_6405c7c738f8074.jpg?v=1591604476

A man and a woman, presumably the parents of a toddler that they took on a precarious motorbike ride, have been slammed by Thai netizens.

A clip of the couple riding a motorbike with their baby in the bike’s basket was posted on the Red Skull Variety Facebook page. In the clip, the couple appeared to find the “experiment” entertaining, though the woman kept telling the man to be careful.

The man drove the bike for nearly four minutes, and stopped when the baby nearly fell out of the basket.

The clip provoked many condemning comments from infuriated netizens.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389254

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-08

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I've seen Thais riding with a baby in their left hand with just their right hand on the bar, TiT!

I've seen that a few times around here, but the one that really got me was the lady who was holding a baby AND an umbrella at the same time!

It is just astonishing how many simultaneous risks some people take.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I've seen Thais riding with a baby in their left hand with just their right hand on the bar, TiT!

I saw that about 15 years ago in Krabi. A baby in one hand. I sat down, shook my head, thought I was dreaming! That memory still comes back when I see the same thing today....????????????????????????????????

15 hours ago, ChipButty said:

There used to be one lived near me with twins, one under her arm and one in the basket riding the bike with one hand and using the front brake

How did she make the phone  calls?

• Haha 1

My favorite was the guy who pulled up to swap out his empty propane tank with a new one....strapping his toddler to the tank and securing the tank to the bike. The scariest part was that no shop personnel or bystander even batted an eye.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I regularly used to see one riding around on his motorbike standing up on the seat, combing his hair here in Samui. No baby. 

There is actual video of him on youtube. 

Yes I agree with others here, it is common to see babies and young children on m/c in precarious positions, at least in the early parts of the day. I have seen them ride by policeman and nothing is done. 

Don't come crying to me when it goes pear shaped, live and let live  i think some kind of self destruct charge triggers when a thais first get on 2 wheels, left hand right hand bum on seat and "click" death waiting to happen.

19 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I saw a women riding a MB with a baby in her left arm being fed with a bottle on her left hand. Yes, seriously.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

A man and a woman, presumably the parents of a toddler that they took on a precarious motorbike ride, have been slammed by Thai netizens

A baby in the basket, no helmet no face mask just about breaking every regulation/law there is... but hey this land of the free.