Thai doctor slams WHO over U-turn on face masks

snoop1130

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

But, I can not go to the store, or mall, or park, or anywhere in my condo without wearing a mask, so Is this doctor trying to say Thailand was misinformed in the beginning and only now the WHO says to wear one.  So f.......confused.  Must I wear a condom when I have sex with my wife, or has the WHO said I do not need one....

Maybe you should consult your wife about this "sensitive" issue. She may have better information for you... ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

WHO was certainly remiss at the start if they are now advising to wear masks .

AND they caused serious friction between our beloved health minister Anutin  and the Farang who wouldnt listen to him , sadly ...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

But, I can not go to the store, or mall, or park, or anywhere in my condo without wearing a mask, so Is this doctor trying to say Thailand was misinformed in the beginning and only now the WHO says to wear one.  So f.......confused.  Must I wear a condom when I have sex with my wife, or has the WHO said I do not need one....

In the bedroom as long as you sign in or QR no need to wear a mask.????

• Haha 2

For many around the world (including those on this forum) it's better to wear a mask (I'm not in favor of it myself, they're full of your own bacteria... bah!) because for the simple reason; "They are too UGLY". No offense, reader, it's not personal... but it makes sense too, doesn't it?  ????????

10 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

In the bedroom as long as you sign in or QR no need to wear a mask.????

But do I have to answer the 4 questions associated with signing out.  You Know was there sanitizer, was social distancing used and well you know....it will be hell if those are the rules for a bar and short time or even longtime....lol

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

He's right and the WHO is full of shlt, especially Tedros.

The WHO do things that suit them, a couple of examples :

They don't encourage closing borders or limiting flights at all because it impedes the movement of the WHO and medical personnel who come first, no matter what.

They don't encourage people to wear masks because they're in short supply and they want them for themselves and medics - so they lie about how well they work instead of keeping stockpiles. This results in more victims.

It's not acceptable.

Your first sentence diluted the post b using one crude and juvenile word as an introduction. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

Whether or not they are effective we’ll probably never know for sure but I think there is plenty of anecdotal evidence to suggest they slow down the spread. Asian countries where it is quite normal and widespread to wear masks seem to have fared better than the west and I don’t believe it’s because of the different testing regimes in place. 

Will they ultimately prevent infection? Possibly not but will it help slow the infection rates? Probably yes. I personally think this was another issue WHO farked up on. One of many. I think Thailand, through previous outbreak experiences, has been well ahead of some of their richer western counterparts and have a fairly advanced medical research facility to deal with it. I’ve had dealings with it over the past few years as my sister in law works with test vaccines in Bangkok and I have helped her with some of the reports she has written. Pretty <deleted> hot work they are doing. I’d believe Thai recommendations before those from the BG foundation and WHO. 

Dude, really, if you mixed 50 infected in a room with 50 uninfected... if you think the results are gonna turn out better with no masks, that is not using the ild noodle very well. 

• Like 1