Gone with the Wind removed from HBO Max

snoop1130

Looks like Gladiator will get tossed as well.  Do these people even give 2 sh..ts about what they are doing to the world.  All they want are reparations and money.  This is just plain silly.  We are all disenfranchised in some ways....

12 hours ago, Logosone said:

I just switched on my PS4 and was greeted with a "Black Lives Matter" message from Playstation.

I pay money to be lectured on race now? What the xxxx???

Take  one of these and  apply  liberally, post back to PS  HQ, I  would. I don't  want political messages I wan't  to play a game etc. 

download.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kotsak said:

Fahrenheit 451 ????

Well..in present day Australian culture Guy Montag would have very little to do as books on display are a rarity in most Australian homes that I have visited over the past two years.

The vast majority are addicted to the ephemeral nature of social media,history is at a very low discount,conversation is dull and prosaic and it is rare to have a discussion about the "classic" films or anything that is over a few years old.

Garbage is fed in and garbage-in very high quantities-comes out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

The Dambusters has apparently been redubbed. The original is still on youtube (4 minute clip):

I rememberwhen i was young i read a book called "horrie the w-o-g dog" wonder if you can still buy it .lol.

ps just looked on google ,you can ,he was the mascot for an Aussie brigade .

Edited by bert bloggs

Well at least in Thailand we can still have our Darlie (nee Darkie) Toothpaste! And I was just thinking of importing some to the States as a good business opportunity, maybe skin whitening cream now instead.

My favourite cartoon as a child was "Kimba the White Lion". A wonderful Japanese animation that had nothing to do with race. Of course while all the popular old cartoons were retained on German TV "Kimba the White Lion" was axed. It's such stupidity.

Lucky I found the DVDs on ebay so I could show this wonderful cartoon to my children. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

People on Sky News making a valid point that many music videos need to be removed as well.

Almost all of those hip hop videos portrait stereotypes. 

You missed the memo again? Those videos are predominantly black guys, so liberal use of the N word, glorifying gun crime, violence against police, and portraying women as booty shaking sex objects is fine.

On a serious note, I sincerely hope "Pop That Coochie" by 2 Live Crew is not removed from YouTube. Heavens to Betsy.

13 minutes ago, phkauf said:

Well at least in Thailand we can still have our Darlie (nee Darkie) Toothpaste! And I was just thinking of importing some to the States as a good business opportunity, maybe skin whitening cream now instead.

Oh wouldn't the BLM folks love the fact that there is all of this supposed Whitening Cream available throughout S/E Asia, as well as dark spot removers......But then Michael Jackson tried to turn himself white now didn't he.....

13 hours ago, 2long said:

So, will they also withdraw Django Unchained and 12 years a Slave? Plus loads others.

First thing I thought of.

I'm guessing Django Unchained will be fine, because as black star Jamie Foxx pointed out "I get to kill all the white people, how great is that?".

I reckon Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs will be pulled though, since it involves white people using the N Word and we all know that word is reserved for black people.

What a shame that the Woke, Censorious "Liberals" are now running the asylum. 

• Like 2

Wondering, what is next? The world just went down the toilet with all that political correctness <deleted>. Slavery goes back (recorded) to Mesopotamia (today's Iraq) where Black-Blackians were trading other Black-Blackians as workers or sex toys. 
If Floyd makes the planet turning in the opposite direction then it might be time to do away with the entire planet. Next will be third degree murder for each and everyone of us who brutally murdered a mosquito with a slap of the bare hand ......... 

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

HBO Max said the 1939 film was "a product of its time" and depicted "ethnic and racial prejudices" that "were wrong then and are wrong today".

It said the film would return to the platform at an unspecified date with a "discussion of its historical context".

Seems like a balanced approach.