Thailand ranks 47th in world study: How safe do you feel about living in and visiting Thailand?

webfact

Thailand ranks 47th in world study: How safe do you feel about living in and visiting Thailand?

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Thai media has reported the findings of a study from Hong Kong that puts Thailand in 47th place of the safest countries in the world from Covid-19.

The study was reported by Forbes and published in the kingdom by Sanook. 

At the top of the list came Switzerland followed by Germany. The USA was in 58th place and the UK ranked 68th.

The report, from the Deep Knowledge group that is part of an investment firm, is based on more than 100 quantitative and qualitative parameters. It considers thousands of data points based on categories like quarantine efficiency, monitoring and detection, health readiness and the efficiency of governments.

Thaivisa notes that these categories have both been praised and criticized in Thailand with many skeptical about figures and particularly critical in the area of monitoring and detection. 

The Forbes article said that earlier rankings put countries that were well prepared and reacted quickly to the pandemic higher. Now those with very robust economies like Germany are ranking higher.

Other countries on the list include Australia in 8th, New Zealand 9th, Canada 12th and Italy 53rd.

The question now for Thailand is how safe do YOU feel if you live here?

And as Thailand prepares to open its airports and borders again - How safe do you feel about coming to visit Thailand?

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-11

• Confused 3

That guy that stole a bunch of eggs from a stall has been shamed.  So I feel safe now.  I'm just worried about the rise of people that take more than one napkin.  There might be copycat crimes.

I once witness a child snap a leaf off a plant.  I am still not sure if I should com forward as a witness.

• Haha 1

I feel Thailand is quite safety country by covid-19. I must go visiting soon in Europe but I go just after can be sure first that I can return back as tourist to Thailand in one month from leaving.

Edited by Aatsi

So just how did Forbes go about conducting a "study" with the flights being banned ? Oh so they must have conducted a phone interview with Taweesin ....More malicious and fake news. Get a grip then swing away ! 

• Like 2

I feel perfectly safe given Covid-19 is just another seasonal flu which has been blown way out of proportion by the PTB [powers that be]

And when are people going to start calling it by it's proper name,   Stupid-19

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thaipod said:

Depends on the school uniform you are wearing. How many times has there been students killed or chased down and beaten with fighting between technical colleges. 

Isn't this a problem for parts of Bangkok only? No such problem in Chiang Mai but  elsewhere?