Unable to use 30 Baht hospital scheme when living in other province

AndyAndyAndy

- My wife is registered as living in province A (registered in a family owned house).

- But we are living in a province B (renting house).

And when visiting doctor in B province, she has to always pay for everything. What would be needed to transfer/start using 30 Baht scheme in B province?

Household registered in B.

She will know this. 

Do you have a housebook in B where she can register?

I just read rented. Thais usually don't register if "only" rented. 

Edited by uhuh
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

But we are living here in a rented house. I don't think it's going to be possible.

Its possible but many Thai owners dont like doing it. So its hard but possible. Just need to have a word with the owner. 

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, uhuh said:

Household registered in B.

She will know this. 

Do you have a housebook in B where she can register?

I just read rented. Thais usually don't register if "only" rented. 

where exactly does one REGISTER ?

don't have insurance since divorce, but for child

ex-wife moved and I don't even know if my child is covered by the thai 3O baht thing, as we were all covered by ex-wife's job / family insurance

ex don't live in same province anymore

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

ex-wife moved and I don't even know if my child is covered by the thai 3O baht thing, as we were all covered by ex-wife's job / family insurance

All Thai children can use any Thai government hospital free of charge, there are no house registration restrictions on children.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

When I go to the local government hospital it only costs 50 baht to see a doctor and the meds are cheap too.  I know the 30 baht covers everything.  But it is not too bad if you have to pay for everything at a normal government hospital.  Had a growth removed from my shoulder for 680 baht including the meds, outpatient basis.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2020 at 11:44 AM, AndyAndyAndy said:

So can't do?

Yes,she can. She's supposed to officially change address at the local district office (amphoe). A thai national can only have one official address, that should be where they work full-time. 

2 hours ago, rwill said:

When I go to the local government hospital it only costs 50 baht to see a doctor and the meds are cheap too.  I know the 30 baht covers everything.  But it is not too bad if you have to pay for everything at a normal government hospital.  Had a growth removed from my shoulder for 680 baht including the meds, outpatient basis.

Agree 100% with this.    I have had various visits to my local govt hospital for various things, even a more local govt clinic.      The med that I take is half the price of buying outside.    The doctors are more "rushed off their feet" than lacking knowledge.    Sometimes it's a "looking down" thing by Thai's to go to a govt hospital rather than a private hospital, perhaps especially if married to a falang.      Yes my local govt hospital is busy but if you time it right then waiting times are not too long, shorter than those in UK hospitals.     My local govt one has saved my life once with ambulance and rapid intervention treatment before being transferred to a private hospital.      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Yes,she can. She's supposed to officially change address at the local district office (amphoe). A thai national can only have one official address, that should be where they work full-time. 

Also need a new ID card with the latest address this is what the hospital will want to see, my missus took an older sister who was on a visit  it was only for a month, put her in our house book, new ID. 30 baht at local hosp. 

On 6/11/2020 at 11:56 AM, ubonjoe said:

She may be able to register for it in the new province. We are living in the same province my wife's house book is for and she was able to register to use the hospitals where we are staying.

Can also do register GF or wife in your address if you are PR and your name is in Tabien Ban. 

On 6/11/2020 at 11:56 AM, ubonjoe said:

She may be able to register for it in the new province. We are living in the same province my wife's house book is for and she was able to register to use the hospitals where we are staying.

Da and Beer were registered in changchingsao but we have been together in a Chiang Mai for three years now. She changed their registration to SanSai 6 months ago without difficulty.

7 hours ago, natway09 said:

You can get a reference letter from your home province, Maximum 3 visits per year

Her family can get & post to you 

With a letter of referral (which has to be specific to a particular medical condition) there is no limit to number of visits but the letter will indicate a time duration, can be as little as 1 day or as much as 3 months.

Unlikely to be able to get this in absence of a specific condition that necessitates it.

I have never heard of being allowed to use out of province hospital once a year, no such provision under the 30 baht scheme.  In an emergency can use any govt hospital, at least until stable enough for transfer back to home hospital.

I have heard of some hospitals, especially in areas where there is a lot of in migration and rentals, allowing people to register without tabian ban but most will not.

Solution for OP is to change tabian ban listing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

where exactly does one REGISTER ?

don't have insurance since divorce, but for child

ex don't live in same province anymore

At amphoe = district office,  see Max's post