Officials Say Temples Can Deny Entry To Foreigners, Because Virus

anchadian

23 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You are in Thailand

We are in UK 

The Racist Statues are coming down. 
Let those in the UK deal with it and stop dictating what you want. You ain’t here. ????

Expats who left the UK because they didn't like the multi cultural place it has become and now being singled out in Thailand, how ironic 555

Take them down, take them down.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Because they have nearly defeated covid-19 they can be xenophobic to their guests, nice!

Their Country, their choice .

With just 53 Covid deaths , their choices have been better than the UK's choices .

Who am I are argue or disagree with ?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Expats who left the UK because they didn't like the multi cultural place it has become and now being singled out in Thailand, how ironic 555

Take them down, take them down.

We dont care , not bothered .

Yourself and Kadilo stuck in the UK just wouldn't understand  

Completely not bothered about being unable to go to a Temple 

Once you been to one, you been to them all 

Edited by CorpusChristie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

We dont care , not bothered .

Yourself and Kadilo stuck in the UK just wouldn't understand  

Completely not bothered about being unable to go to a Temple 

Once you been to one, you been to them all 

I actually enjoy going to temples and I've been to 100s of them, excellent places to take photos and learn about their beliefs.

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

it's foreigners.

As i writed only 30 people are allowed in the temple at the same time

nothing wrong for me to reserve this 30 places to thai people. And yes

they check the ID national thai card of each visitor before the entry.

From the link in the first page of this topic 

“ONLY THAI PEOPLE, NOW NOT OPEN FOR FOREIGNERS,” announced a  sign in front of Wat Pho, known internationally as the Temple of the Reclining Buddha....

The temple also said that Thai visitors must wear masks before entering and have a temperature lower than 37.5. Only 30 visitors are allowed in at a time....''

Well, if it is limited access capacity it makes sense to be reserved for Thais

• Like 2

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Farang Lives Matter

Its time we get all the geriatric expats together for some rioting.......Those zimmer frames can cause some real damage......

Forget the old folks.  I'm training the new generation.  Young sappers.

image.png.b7156d08009bb7ae5829628a3037af6c.png

• Haha 1

"Their temples. Their decision."

(TNN June 12, 2020) -- Tesco, Makro and BigC have joined local fresh markets to ban the entry of foreigners to their properties. The decision was made after a growing call from citizens to protect the Thai public from foreigners who could be carriers of the deadly corona virus. Although the country has stopped entry to foreigners since March 26th, there has been a groundswell of closings to foreigners, from a famous temple in the capital city Bangkok to several intranational bus services. 

Thailand’s Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said in March, ahead of the country's travel ban, “Today I visited Chiang Mai and noticed that there are almost no Chinese tourists. All you see are ‘farang.’ Not only that, but 90 percent of Thais are wearing masks. However, none of the farangs are wearing masks This is the reason our country is being infected all around. We should be more careful of the farangs than Asians.

“At the moment it is winter in Europe and farangs come to Thailand to hide from the disease. Many farangs dress dirty and don’t shower. As hosts we have to be very careful.”

Paithoon Theeravit, owner of the popular chain restaurant, My Thai, said, "We are now reevaluating our policies to be more in line with the current situation. I know that many other shop owners and restaruanteurs are making plans to close their businesses to non-Thais. The fact is that farangs don't account for many of our customers so barring them from our establishments will not really hurt our incomes. They are our businesses, so it's our decision." 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Traubert said:

I'd be mildly upset if Noi from Rita's Bar said she wouldn't 'entertain' foreigners any more but a temple?

Meh........

yeah, make it about hookers, because that is as original around here as it is amusing .

Edited by n00dle
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Trujillo said:

(TNN June 12, 2020) -- Tesco, Makro and BigC have joined local fresh markets to ban the entry of foreigners to their properties. The decision was made after a growing call from citizens to protect the Thai public from foreigners who could be carriers of the deadly corona virus. Although the country has stopped entry to foreigners since March 26th, there has been a groundswell of closings to foreigners, from a famous temple in the capital city Bangkok to several intranational bus services. 

Thailand’s Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said in March, ahead of the country's travel ban, “Today I visited Chiang Mai and noticed that there are almost no Chinese tourists. All you see are ‘farang.’ Not only that, but 90 percent of Thais are wearing masks. However, none of the farangs are wearing masks This is the reason our country is being infected all around. We should be more careful of the farangs than Asians.

“At the moment it is winter in Europe and farangs come to Thailand to hide from the disease. Many farangs dress dirty and don’t shower. As hosts we have to be very careful.”

Paithoon Theeravit, owner of the popular chain restaurant, My Thai, said, "We are now reevaluating our policies to be more in line with the current situation. I know that many other shop owners and restaruanteurs are making plans to close their businesses to non-Thais. The fact is that farangs don't account for many of our customers so barring them from our establishments will not really hurt our incomes. They are our businesses, so it's our decision." 

ok, that is a little scarier than a temple. alot.

Aha, its because the temple is under construction and they don't want foreigners to get hurt. That makes all the difference. Its reverse racism then they hate themselves and don't care how many thais get hurt because of the construction as long as no foreigners get hurt. You can apply that equally to the bus ban on foreigners. As you know the buses are old and worn out with mostly blown shocks. the trips take forever and breakdowns are common. They stop in all sorts of far out places to take friends and relatives to their village door. So what they are saying is that they are sparing foreigners from the <deleted>ty service of the bus and subjecting thais to it instead. It actually means that they love us if you step back and analyze it.

• Like 2

"So if my blond haired blue eyed daughters who all happen to have Thai ID cards get in, is it still racist fellas?"

How would they be allowed in? They are not Thai if they are blonde and blue-eyed. They don't say on the sign, those with Thai ID cards, they say only Thai, meaning Thai race. In contrast to all other peoples, ie. foreigners. 

So you have no argument. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

"So if my blond haired blue eyed daughters who all happen to have Thai ID cards get in, is it still racist fellas?"

How would they be allowed in? They are not Thai if they are blonde and blue-eyed. They don't say on the sign, those with Thai ID cards, they say only Thai, meaning Thai race. In contrast to all other peoples, ie. foreigners. 

So you have no argument. 

The are Thai speaking Thai citizens.

Tell me how they aren't Thai?

You know this conversation:

"So, Thailand, huh? What do you do over there, hmm? Real interested in something they got there, hmmmm?"

"Uh, uh...the temples! Beautiful temples. Yes yes, so spiritual and moving, those temples".

What will those guys do NOW? ????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Trujillo said:

(TNN June 12, 2020) -- 

That bit was from last March when the borders were still open .

I do believe he apologised  for saying that .

5 hours ago, Trujillo said:

(TNN June 12, 2020) -- Tesco, Makro and BigC have joined local fresh markets to ban the entry of foreigners to their properties. The decision was made after a growing call from citizens to protect the Thai public from foreigners who could be carriers of the deadly corona virus.

Is that actual news ?

Am I banned from Big C ?

On 6/11/2020 at 6:33 AM, redwood1 said:

Farang Lives Matter

Its time we get all the geriatric expats together for some rioting.......Those zimmer frames can cause some real damage......

Trouble is if they got down on one knee to support falangs , half of them would need assistance getting up again.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Tesco, Makro and BigC have joined local fresh markets to ban the entry of foreigners to their properties. The decision was made after a growing call from citizens to protect the Thai public from foreigners who could be carriers of the deadly corona virus

Do you have any official link for that or it's just one more rumor?

I don't see these big supermarkets decide without a good reason to lost a large part of their patrons

9 hours ago, Trujillo said:

(TNN June 12, 2020) -- Tesco, Makro and BigC have joined local fresh markets to ban the entry of foreigners to their properties. The decision was made after a growing call from citizens to protect the Thai public from foreigners who could be carriers of the deadly corona virus.

OK, I have been to Tescos and two Big C's today , no one was being refused entry , foreigners still allowed in , same as before .

Other foreigners have also reported today that they have been to other Big C shops and were not refused entry .

There have been no reports of any foreigner being refused entry into these shops .

Seems like your report was fake news .

Who wrote and published it ?

Jesus, the fake news report is satire. 

I wrote it and I posted it here. 

Come on guys, do I need to put up a big, red flag? 

I have a bridge in Buriram I want to sell; any takers? 

As for, "The (sic) are Thai speaking Thai citizens," you'll have to give me more information. If they are blonde haired and blue eyed, that means that neither their mother nor father is Thai, so did you find some way to have them qualify for a Thailand ID card? Is that even possible? I guess it could be, that's why I would be fascinated to hear more. 

After you explain, take them to the temple and see if they let them in. 

By the way, Wat Pho now says that the no farang rule is because they are refurbishing the statue and such and don't want the hapless foreigners to get hurt. Uh, something like the dog ate my homework excuse? 

Edited by Trujillo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Trujillo said:

Jesus, the fake news report is satire. 

I wrote it and I posted it here. 

Come one guys, do I need to put up a big, red flag? 

No, you need to make it clear that its satire .

And it wasnt obvious that it was satire, because Buses and Temples have both recently banned foreigners  , so, its not beyond the realms of possibility that supermarkets could have done the same .

Not that I actually believed it anyways .

Anyway, better try writing a song Next time, rather than doing satire

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, you need to make it clear that its satire .

And it wasnt obvious that it was satire, because Buses and Temples have both recently banned foreigners  , so, its not beyond the realms of possibility that supermarkets could have done the same .

Not that I actually believed it anyways .

Anyway, better try writing a song Next time, rather than doing satire

I agree.  Satire has a bit of humour in it too.  I just dismissed it as a troll post.

Listen, the issue is very simple. It goes like this: 

(Aside from repatriations of Thais, who undergo mandatory 14-day quarantines and subsequent trackings) All human beings who were in Thailand when the international borders closed (besides those who left the country) on or about March 26th, are still here. All of them. Thais, foreigners, hill tribe peoples, Lao peoples, etc. Thailand has had no local domestic (non-returning Thais) cases for about two months. If all the humans in Thailand since the closure of the border looked the same, there would be no signs prohibiting some "kind of human" from entering a temple. 

Do you understand this? This is blatant racist behavior. 

I don’t see this as about the perceived risk from foreign people.

they want to open it as a place of worship, not as a tourist attraction. That’s fair enough.

whoever wrote that sign should have a better understanding of how discriminatory it sounds and the way it will be interpreted. If it said ‘open only to Buddhists who wish to pray’ the effect would be almost the same and nobody would be bothered at all.

9 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Listen, the issue is very simple. It goes like this: 

(Aside from repatriations of Thais, who undergo mandatory 14-day quarantines and subsequent trackings) All human beings who were in Thailand when the international borders closed (besides those who left the country) on or about March 26th, are still here. All of them. Thais, foreigners, hill tribe peoples, Lao peoples, etc. Thailand has had no local domestic (non-returning Thais) cases for about two months. If all the humans in Thailand since the closure of the border looked the same, there would be no signs prohibiting some "kind of human" from entering a temple. 

Do you understand this? This is blatant racist behavior. 

Is it satire again?

I am sorry but your statement is wrong

most of the foreigners who were in Thailand when the international borders

closed they were tourists and they have been rapatriated in their countries

of origin by special flights.

You need to do more ''work'' before to post,

And please try to avoid in the future the mix with real news and fake news

in the same post, it's never a good idea, or at least make it clear that is satire.

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, elliss said:

I am behind you , all the way .

Walking stick polished and ready for action.

Ex, boys brigade...

However that said , may be late arriving on the Battlefield , sorry .

Farlangs , not allowed on buses anymore . 

So much for my international bus pass..

Jesus, part II....

"I am sorry but your statement is wrong

most of the foreigners who were in Thailand when the international borders

closed they were tourists and they have been rapatriated in their countries

of origin by special flights."

I said, specifically, quote: "(Aside from repatriations of Thais, who undergo mandatory 14-day quarantines and subsequent trackings) All human beings who were in Thailand when the international borders closed (besides those who left the country) on or about March 26th, are still here."

I gather from your post that English is not your native language so I will take that into account. The "work" that needs to be done is by you to fully understand what has been posted before you reply, thanks. 

Let me say it another way that might help you: "(Aside from repatriations of Thais, who undergo mandatory 14-day quarantines and subsequent trackings) All human beings who were in Thailand when the international borders closed on or about March 26th, are still here, (besides those who left the country)."

Edited by Trujillo