Thai media 'exaggerating' Covid-19 situation in Beijing

webfact

carnt wait it will be good, someone up high has told him to keep his trap shut but this is to good to miss god the people of the world are seeing it big time now, stay home you idiots lol it is going to get worse the question is where from no country has it any more, will have to keep an eye on the Chinese army if they get it there will be no stopping it

4 hours ago, rvaviator said:

Well .. I live in Beijing and based on my experience what Bo Siwattra is saying reflect what I see and experience. 

Apparently a chopping board used for cutting up salmon was found to have the virus on it in that market.

Who touched the cutting board? If it came in from abroad who processed/handled the salmon in Norway?

Unknown-5.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

She revealed that Chinese doctors expect a second wave of the virus to hit in September. The medical authorities are surprised by the new infections after 55 days without cases

That'll be about the time Thailand allow flights from China back in... great news, wave them in !!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

Did you raise your score on the Chinese Social Credit system with this comment?

HaHa .... Believe what you want.  Clearly if you do not believe what I say you will not believe that in my view you statement is ridicules.

I assume you work for the CIA then or maybe a  Trump supporter ??  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

Actually what is also interesting in all of this - Frozen salmon come mostly from South America - Chilled salmon generally come from Norway.

By the end of this year fresh salmon from Norway will be transported to China by rail. This will be done through Russia, which now permits the transit of previously sanctioned products through its territory. Micael Blom, railway consultant in the Nordic countries is fully engaged with this groundbreaking new supply chain.

JUL 2019 

https://www.railfreight.com/beltandroad/2019/07/30/fresh-norwegian-salmon-on-the-train-to-china/?gdpr=acceptsalmon.jpg.49b6a122f737918d55cc3e9ae65f3cc6.jpg

Edited by SkyFax
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rvaviator said:

Well .. I live in Beijing and based on my experience what Bo Siwattra is saying reflect what I see and experience. 

Apparently a chopping board used for cutting up salmon was found to have the virus on it in that market.

If this is the case, it means very poor hygene standards in the market ( whi9ch would not surprise me, having lived also in China ) and the question is: How did it get conterminated. By the food having ben cut on it before or through the worker using it ? I option for the 2nd as I doubt that the virous would survive a very cold and long trip for Norway to the Beijing market

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Deli said:

I doubt that the virous would survive a very cold and long trip for Norway to the Beijing market

Effects of Air Temperature and Relative Humidity on Coronavirus Survival on Surfaces -- March 2010

(From Abstract) At 4 degrees C, infectious virus persisted for as long as 28 days, and the lowest level of inactivation occurred at 20% RH. Inactivation was more rapid at 20 degrees C than at 4 degrees C at all humidity levels; the viruses persisted for 5 to 28 days, and the slowest inactivation occurred at low RH.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/41943627_Effects_of_Air_Temperature_and_Relative_Humidity_on_Coronavirus_Survival_on_Surfaces

Note: Per linked article above, the train trip for fresh salmon from Norway to China would be 12-14 days.

Edited by SkyFax
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ukrules said:

1 - Where is it going to come from in September if it's gone? They have quarantines on all international flights, nobody gets in without passing through the quarantine. This is admitting failure before even attempting to win.

2 - Just because they didn't detect any cases for 55 days it does not mean that it's gone. Perhaps there's an as yet unknown reservoir.

Blaming it on salmon, lol ????

Salmon contains plenty of Vit D that is thought may help against infections, now we're supposed to believe salmon (specifically salmon from Norway) itself is a problem, if I was a 'conspiracy nut' I would think they're attempting to get people to stop eating salmon to increase spread of the disease.

I wonder what they did in Norway to annoy the Chinese (Nobel prizes?). Norways infections are way down the list of infected countries. They did a much better job than China.

The Japanese eat a lot of salmon......look at the figures for Japan.

I think you misinterpret is, in the reporting I have read, was the cutting board on which the fish was cut, the problem

My information came from the Chinese newspaper (SCMP) including a movie where you can see what and where it happens.

• Like 1

Update. I think it's getting out of hand as it spread to Liaoning already. Let's see. The same continues in China, they never learn. Just jail anyone opposing the tyranny. Might go to lockdown again.

Coronavirus: Beijing market outbreak cases rise to 79
Chinese capital reports 36 new infections in single day as vice-premier Sun Chunlan says risk of further spread is ‘very high’
Market boss and local officials sacked for negligence as widespread testing around Xinfadi market continues
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3089042/coronavirus-beijing-market-outbreak-cases-rise-79

Coronavirus: Chinese activists held for posting censored articles to face trial on criminal charges
Chen Mei and Cai Wei have been in detention since April but case is expected to go to court soon
Activists ran online project that published material about sensitive issues like #MeToo movement, eviction of migrant workers in Beijing
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3089002/coronavirus-chinese-activists-held-posting-censored-articles

• Like 1