Flying to Thailand to reconnect with wife.

Anybody knows what the requirements for coming to Thailand from the US to reconnect with my wife after 6 months of separation? Since it seems likely that I will have to be quarantined, will my wife be allowed to quarantine with me or will I have to go crazy in a hotel room alone for 14 days? I bought a ticket for July 14th, is that too soon? Since the Thai embassy and consulate in L.A. are closed, is there any chance that I can extend the 30 days visa you get at Suvarnabhumi? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

i am sorry for you but actualy the thai borders are closed to tourists and O visa,

They are still busy to rapatriate the Thai people from abroad and they just add

from the 1 july the foreigners with a work permit and a permanent residency.

Some topics about it are runing here on Thai visa , i recomand you to read them.

One of the most recents here  

good luck anyway

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mitkof Island said:

This means NOTHING ! See any flights ? Is the embassy open or any of them?

This means you HAVE to contact the Thai embassy or consulate in your country first

the OP wanted to come and was expected to be allowed in with a 30 days visa exemption

so it's not going to happen, As he writed the Thai embassy and consulate in LA are closed

afaik the only one still active is Washington and they have already thousands of people on

waiting list (Thai citizens, US citizens with work permit).

For the flight you can still buy a ticket with some companies, but your flight  will be deleted

or you wouldn't let registered at the airport desk if you don't have all the paperwork needed

with you to enter in Thailand, the airlines don't take the risk to have to repatriate you for free

because you have been denied enter in Thailand.

As i writed in my first post, unfotunately the OP should not be allowed to enter in Thailand soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Visa application is different from allowing flights in. Are those with existing non-O visas allowed in yet? I don't think so. 

thank you but i get it

if you bother to read the OP post you can see he is concerned by the 2 different things

the flight AND the visa

''I bought a ticket for July 14th, is that too soon? Since the Thai embassy and consulate in L.A. are closed, is there any chance that I can extend the 30 days visa you get at Suvarnabhumi? Any advice will be greatly appreciated''

Just now, MiKT said:

My wife has a 10 year UK visa. When can she fly to England to visit our daughter)?

As an aside, have you ever considered settlement for your Thai wife.  Obviously one doesn't have to remain here permanently once settled but does provide a world of opportunity.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

As he wrote the Thai embassy and consulate in LA are closed

afaik the only one still active is Washington and they have already thousands of people on

waiting list (Thai citizens, US citizens with work permit).

The Embassy and consulates are open for business.

What's closed is their normal walk-in service.

There is no such a thing anymore as a waiting list to get repatriated, not at least from the US.

If you contact them today as a Thai national they'll present you with a list of flights available for the month of June.

Your choice which one to take.

Edited by unheard
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Which country in their right mind would let a Yank or Brazilian in when their country is out of control.

I suggest you read some of news articles or the other topic about people being able to arrive into the country. You probably also missed the fact they go into a mandatory 14 day quarantine and are tested for the virus.

Thay have been allowing people with work permit to board repatriation flights for some time now. They are now allowing permanent residents without work permits and those that have Thai families to enter the country.

• Like 1

There is a requirement to have a $100,000 insurance policy that states in it that you are insured for Covid 19 also you have to obtain a medical certificate stating you are free of the virus it cannot be older than 72 hours before your flight departure , failure to provide both of these requirements at your departure desk will mean you being refused on the flight on arrival at Bangkok there is a requirement to go into 14 days quarantine which will cost around 50,000 baht at some local flee pit of a hotel you won’t be allowed to meet up with your wife . I think it best to cancel your July flight until September time I have the same issue my wife is stuck in the U.K. all three of her flights have been cancelled I will be lucky if I see her September 

You won't be able to enter Thailand on your visa unless you are rich and its a business visa. 

Don't you read the news in tvf? 

Expect waiting until September.  

If the rich in Thailand decide to let the meager enter again and the poor in Thailand to make any money. 

You may have new visa but they won't let you on the plane or in the country..if by chance you manage to enter.   Slim chance of it at all.. You will need a covid test before leaving your country... 100,000 baht insurance with covid protection.14 day quarantine and another covid tea all at your expense. Tracking app on phone during your stay also I believe. 

But this is only the latest for rich businessmen. Non O has not been given permission to enter yet. 

• Like 1

I think your flight is too early but contact the Thai Embassy & get a que to find out.

The US & Sth America is experiencing major increase in the virus (not 2nd wave, as the 1st not finished) & I would not blame the Embassy for having very strict criteria.

As to your wife joining you in a private quarantine I read somewhere that this was being allowed but extended to 21 days,

Best of luck & take extra care on the plane when you do get a chance to come

35 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

You won't be able to enter Thailand on your visa unless you are rich and its a business visa. 

Don't you read the news in tvf? 

I have and they are allowing husbands of Thai women to travel on repatriation flights.

Topic here about it.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I suggest you read some of news articles or the other topic about people being able to arrive into the country. You probably also missed the fact they go into a mandatory 14 day quarantine and are tested for the virus.

Thay have been allowing people with work permit to board repatriation flights for some time now. They are now allowing permanent residents without work permits and those that have Thai families to enter the country.

I have been following threads but despite talk about letting those married to Thais back in ,nothing confirmed nor conditions (insurance etc,) related to it as you implied. One might expect quarantine as per those currently allowed back, but as I say I ve seen no confirmation of non O only for married/with families.What if married but on retirement visa? Please expand,would be grateful.

4 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

I have been following threads but despite talk about letting those married to Thais back in ,nothing confirmed nor conditions (insurance etc,) related to it as you implied. One might expect quarantine as per those currently allowed back, but as I say I ve seen no confirmation of non O only for married/with families.What if married but on retirement visa? Please expand,would be grateful.

Did you read my post 2 posts before yours and click the link to another topic that has info from the Thai embassy in the US in it.

It requires a 14 day quarantine but no need for insurance. A fit top fly certificate is required.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bbi1 said:

+1, agreed. Especially from a country where COVID is running rampant with the US being the winner of the race to be No.1

Which country in their right mind would let a Yank or Brazilian in when their country is out of control. Btw, I'm talking about the virus, not the lack of law and rioting/looting.

Ha! Ha! I know, but a friend in France says that an American she knows is returning to France early in July. Flights were the problem, none, otherwise if you can prove residency in France any foreign national can get in. No others except spouses and children of said resident. Have to carry s document saying this. Have to self quarantine at your residence for 2 weeks.EU nationals can now travel freely again  throughout the EU I believe. The UK have just introduced 14 days quarantining for anyone entering the UK from anywhere. A nonsense policy now as it has been letting anyone in. France has reciprocated on that, sort of, by saying those entering from the UK will be invited to self quarantine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you read my post 2 posts before yours and click the link to another topic that has info from the Thai embassy in the US in it.

It requires a 14 day quarantine but no need for insurance. A fit top fly certificate is required.

Sorry,perhaps I’m missing something ,Joe,but clicking on that thread and the link posted just takes me to a US application form for non o . I’ve searched on that cannot find any separate list of conditions of which we spoke. I have a non o (retirement) but married to Thai ,with renrtry permit all valid until late January. I have time left because my return flight from uk isn’t until September,although I would like to keep abreast of what is happening as it unfolds.Any further guidance much appreciated  .

Edit: The post just above with the link to Thai enquirer indicates insurance (including against Covid but largely impossible to include) IS required and a labyrinthine set of documents which may also need to be repeated before flying and proof of quarantine hotel booking etc. would make this a formidable and expensive task and all on a 'case by case' basis . 

Edited by nchuckle