Pubs and bars to open? They will hear their fate on Friday but PM favors later in July

webfact

To those who keep complaining that they are no tourist/no costumers ever think that maybe just maybe local Thais go out to night clubs and pubs?...Considering Thai catered nightlife as a whole country is a lot bigger then falang catered nightlife.

Edited by time2093
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, nausea said:

I heard from a little birdie that July 1 is now definitely a goer.

It's just one more rumor like there are hundreds others rumors since weeks

particularly in the ''girls'' circles, they are waiting to go back at work and they

have actually nothing to do than talk and speculate.

The english ''boss'' of a group owning more than 20 bars in Pattaya have posted

yesterday on his facebook he has at this moment no idea about the exact

date for the reopening

6 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

This is what people fail tor realize.  The fallout from covid could be astronomical as many people may change their buying habits to now include only online purchasing, drinking at home, eating at home and not wasting money on ladies or gambling.  Could be huge fallout.

Good point well made.

5 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

... everyday in Pattaya i see more and more bars becoming an

empty place with a big sign ''for sale'' or ''for rent''

Helli-leujah !

~0:37;

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

55 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

This is what people fail tor realize.  The fallout from covid could be astronomical asstronomical

fixed that for you so it is more specific to Pattaya.

~o:37;

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Better look at what private equity firms are doing with leveraged equity buyouts in the USA. Unemployment is at 40% and the federal reserve is doing everything it can to keep it afloat.

they will print more because business w high debt and no business will generate more unexpected unemployment. They know it but can say it. What happens then? The wheels come off. Give it six months.

Food will be the need 

travel will be the last thing that will do. 
it’s coming 

• Like 2

Like most people here, I'm not a pauper, but after weeks of not drinking out on the town, it's amazing to see how much money one doesn't spend on booze at public house rates.

Mind you - saying that, certain very good bars/restaurants have been open for a while now, and I've spent a bit out there in BKK the last 2 weeks.

I think the thing that people in power have to remember is that everyone's income has been affected by the last 4 months and if there is no money flowing into the country via tourism, and no real trading or business going on for the majirty, then I'm afraid that none of us will be frequenting bars and restuarants like we used to. 
Cue rant about 2nd wave (from me) and if pubs get shut down again for a long time =- its going to be truly devastating.

Most of the devastation that's been caused cant be seen or felt on a major scale in Thailand just yet - but it COULD come....

The PM needs to get out & about a little or ensure his staff are doing the rounds.

The restaurants are open & acting like bars anyway, so let the bars  open 1 July if they wish.

Spread the crowded "restaurants " out give many people a small income, owners can pay the rent,

etc. All the customers have done their 3 month Thai isolation anyway, & there will not exactly be a lot of them as only "locals" here.

Suck it & see

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cadan said:

Thought there were only 4 phases... now 5 and probably phase 6,7,8 ????  adjusting along the way - total insanity 28 days Zero local cases unless what we read is different from reality 

I was going to say - how many frickin' phases are there in this blinkin' release program???

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

landlords don't understand

They do understand that there will be a new wave of renters when everything is lifted.
The circle of life is complete.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wombat said:

They do understand that there will be a new wave of renters when everything is lifted.
The circle of life is complete.

You are probably right

and with new renters come new key money and deposit

they surely can wait a few months and win the ''lotery'' again

Edited by kingofthemountain

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I don't understand why so many are complaining and want the bars open.  Seriuosly, anyone ever hear a positive report on a bar?  

The beer is too expensive.

The beer is not cold.

The beer bottle condom is dirty.

The mixed drinks are weak and too expensive.

The staff is rude.

The service is lousy.

The bargirls are ugly.

The place is too hot.

The place is too loud.

I am sure I can go on and on.

My favorite is "they steal and cheat you on the bill".  With the brillant comebacks:  When I pay with 1000 b, I raise the 1000 in the air and say loudly 2 times 1000!  This way everyone knows how I paid and they cannot cheat me.

Wow, great.  All sounds like such a fun blast of a time.

The one thing I do miss is cruising past on my motorbike at 11am and seeing the unkempt, mentally ill looking Singha tank wearing guys nursing a beer.  Drive past again at 4pm and there they still are.

Looking dazed and confused starring blindly out into nothingness.

What a life. 

Mental illness is serious

Dont joke about it

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

With no tourists, and a lot of the staff now living upcountry it's going to very difficult to re-open for a lot of the bars that were just about breaking even before C19.

Difficult to sell as well. Who wants to buy a business with extortionate rent, key money etc. when you will be the first to be shut down again at the first ripple of a second wave.

Good to see the "restaurants" on Sukhumvit opening up again though. I love restaurants with a large selection of draught beer, multiple bigscreen TV's and Irish pub names ????.

Is Scruffy Murphys or Robin Hood open, up their in a couple of weeks

Bars with small bbq’s outside are open so why delay the honest bars and punish them .. 1st July should be opening day .. Do it and save 1000’s of jobs or at least allow business people to stay open or close down

• Like 1