Buy Unlimited Simcard 1xxx baht (DTAC, AIS, True) from lazada, how do you register it?

arfandy

So i was adviced to buy unlimited 1-year internet prepaid simcard for 1xxx baht per year instead of monthly 10Mbps unlimited at the cost of +300baht.

I browsed lazada and found plenty of diffrerent providers. I am fond of DTAC but willing to give AIS or True a trial since the 1-year unlimited 100Mbps 4G Internet cost around the same price.

I messaged these sellers from lazada regarding how to register this simcard when i receive it. All of them replied:

1. When i received the parcel, take the photo of back simcard

2. Take the full page photo of my valid passport

3. Take my selfie holding on my passport

Well, this is new to me (attach and send my passport page to unknown receiver). So is this normal for you all who had ever purchased and activated unlimited "lazada" simcard? Is there any way around to safely activate this new simcard without sending personal information to stranger via Internet? 

Would i lose the priveledge 1-year unlimited 100Mbps Internet if i take the simcard and my passport to respective customer service? I.e DTAC, AIS, or True Shops in the mall.

Thank you.

To add, if it is necessary to send personal passport page to this seller, do you have any recommendation of trustworthy sellers of unlimited lazada 4G simcard that you used to deal in the past? I think the price of unlimited yearly simcard costs around 1400- 1600baht..

Go to any shop. What I do is register the SIM but sometimes since there are special instructions for activation from the vendor I bring the SIM uninstalled yet and then after registering...install in my phone and follow any vendor instructions. If you bring the phone with the SIM alreaady installed...the shop might invoke some option that gets you some other plan and invalidates the plan you actually bought.

5 hours ago, tonray said:

Go to any shop. What I do is register the SIM but sometimes since there are special instructions for activation from the vendor I bring the SIM uninstalled yet and then after registering...install in my phone and follow any vendor instructions. If you bring the phone with the SIM alreaady installed...the shop might invoke some option that gets you some other plan and invalidates the plan you actually bought.

The lazada sellers warned me that doing so, i would not be able to enjoy 1 year unlimited 100Mbps internet plan since the official service center will revoke all the unlimited plan back to usual monthly data (meaning i'll have to pay +300 baht per month for 12 cycles, instead of just +1400 baht for a whole year of 100Mbps unlimited)

If the vendor states register with him, register with him or buy from a vendor who states that it ok to register with a True service centre.

How did it jump from 10 Mbps to 100 Mbps? 1400 for 365 days of unlimited 100 Mbps data? No.

Take a breath, your posts are becoming increasingly ludicrous. ????

1400 baht is likely for 80 GB of full speed per month for a year. You likely register with him because the normal amount is 60 GB. That costs around 1250.

1890 baht or thereabouts. is likely for 10 Mbps unlimited.

6 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

If the vendor states register with him, register with him or buy from a vendor who states that it ok to register with a True service centre.

How did it jump from 10 Mbps to 100 Mbps? 1400 for 365 days of unlimited 100 Mbps data? No.

Take a breath, your posts are becoming increasingly ludicrous. ????

1400 baht is likely for 80 GB of full speed per month for a year. You likely register with him because the normal amount is 60 GB. That costs around 1250.

1890 baht or thereabouts. is likely for 10 Mbps unlimited.

What do you mean 80GB/month for 12 cycles at full speed? Wasnt the full speed of 4G is 10Mbps in Thailand? 

I read your recommendation on other post about huawei mifi. Do you think any pocket mifi is compatible with these unlimited 1xxx baht simcards? I dont have old 4G phone to use as tethering device and some vendors stated not all unlimited simcards in Thailand are compatible with pocket mifi.

1 hour ago, arfandy said:

What do you mean 80GB/month for 12 cycles at full speed? Wasnt the full speed of 4G is 10Mbps in Thailand? 

I read your recommendation on other post about huawei mifi. Do you think any pocket mifi is compatible with these unlimited 1xxx baht simcards? I dont have old 4G phone to use as tethering device and some vendors stated not all unlimited simcards in Thailand are compatible with pocket mifi.

10 Mbps is the speed limit of that particular SIM card offer. Unlimited data, limited speed.

The other SIM offer doesn't limit the speed, but limits the amount of data.

You have simply ignored the description and mixed and matched yourself a totally made up product.

1400 is for 80 GB of no speed limit data(up to what is available at your location) per month

1890 is for unlimited 10 Mbps(speed limited) data.

They will work in any MiFi. Though you'll need to check the radio frequencies match.

Edited by Eindhoven

14 hours ago, arfandy said:

The lazada sellers warned me that doing so, i would not be able to enjoy 1 year unlimited 100Mbps internet plan since the official service center will revoke all the unlimited plan back to usual monthly data (meaning i'll have to pay +300 baht per month for 12 cycles, instead of just +1400 baht for a whole year of 100Mbps unlimited)

I currently have two phone using the TRUE 10 MBPS unlimited....registering the SIM is only for the government...that's why I said to only bring the SIM in it's packaging to register. Install in your phone once you get home. There is no danger of losing your plan.

2 hours ago, tonray said:

I currently have two phone using the TRUE 10 MBPS unlimited....registering the SIM is only for the government...that's why I said to only bring the SIM in it's packaging to register. Install in your phone once you get home. There is no danger of losing your plan.

Not according to this vendor. He even sent me this step-by-step self registration for unlimited sim.

And really there is no point spending 1400 baht for a random number simcard, only to find out your free unlimited 12-cycle Internet plan has been reverted back to 1-month subscription Internet.

Thai customer service are not exactly helpful when foreigners ask for advices. They tend to throw their best-most expensive deal rather than ongoing value-for-money deal.

Screenshot_2020-06-23-09-00-16-87.png

Ps. I really dont know what the picture says and i dont know what kind of app is being used to scan the barcode and do that self-registration dtac (i pressume other providers must also have self-registration procedure during this New Normal pandemi).

Maybe someone fluent to read Thai can tell me. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Ps. I really dont know what the picture says and i dont know what kind of app is being used to scan the barcode and do that self-registration dtac (i pressume other providers must also have self-registration procedure during this New Normal pandemi).

Maybe someone fluent to read Thai can tell me. Thank you.

Look at the reviews on Lazada, the ones i checked seemed ok to me. The passport and photo seems plausible, you have to register the sim with passport. For the thai text use Google Lens app it will translate all the parts above

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Look at the reviews on Lazada, the ones i checked seemed ok to me. The passport and photo seems plausible, you have to register the sim with passport. For the thai text use Google Lens app it will translate all the parts above

@scubascuba3: Thanks for the info on Google Lens - I didn't even know the app existed!

Edited by Mutt Daeng

I hope this link is helpful. DTAC call centre sent me this by text message. It is their self service Sim registration page / process. 

https://www.dtac.co.th/prepaid/registration/barcode.php?t=1591192874

In my chrome browser it opens in English with a DTAC Web page that scans your barcode on the Sim packaging. I understand it then prompts you to take a photo of your passport ID page and then a selfie. I have not used it yet as my DTAC sim is in the post... only bought yesterday. But text message instructions were pretty clear and convinced me to buy on Lazada. Please tell me if you are successful. 

7 hours ago, arfandy said:

Not according to this vendor. He even sent me this step-by-step self registration for unlimited sim.

And really there is no point spending 1400 baht for a random number simcard, only to find out your free unlimited 12-cycle Internet plan has been reverted back to 1-month subscription Internet.

Thai customer service are not exactly helpful when foreigners ask for advices. They tend to throw their best-most expensive deal rather than ongoing value-for-money deal.

Seriously, stop this .....

How many threads and posts will you make about the same thing?

Once you have the SIM and registered it, you can get the call centre to tell you what package is attached. If they confirm the annual pack, you can begin to relax. If there is a problem, approach Lazada for a full refund.

But making post after post on thread after thread will not reassure you.

People, here alone, have been using these annual SIMs from Lazada for years without issue.

So please, just buy it if you want it, from a seller with a good rep who offers a method of registration most pleasing to you. The registration has nothing to do with the package on the SIM nor the vendor. It's just a regulation they have to follow to ensure they know who owns the SIM card.

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, arfandy said:

Ok...then do it that way....won't try and be helpful anymore. 

21 minutes ago, tonray said:

Ok...then do it that way....won't try and be helpful anymore. 

Never did i say you were being unhelpful. I didnt know that posting the contradict image will be considered disrespectful.