More easing of lockdown to be announced on Monday

webfact

19 hours ago, drbeach said:

Probably because the ultra conservative government hates fun? They are worse than many Muslim countries.

Probably you would leave the shop after your haircut, probably you and the barber would wear a mask.

19 hours ago, nikmar said:

Everyday I get a bus into Bang Na from Udom Suk and there is barely inches between people. Last night, on the 48, there was a scrum of people standing. I was squeezed so close to a lady boy i could post on the "have you ever had a sexual encounter with a ladyboy" thread.

How many inches were between the ladyboy and you?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

I just got a haircut!

Can anyone - again- explain to me, why THAT was okay, but I can not sit in a pub, with a mate and have a beer?

There is a big difference between getting your hair cut and drinking beer.

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

I got a haircut a couple of weeks ago but had to wear a mask. Temperature checking and hand sanitiser before entry.

Do you really think that people will sit in bars wearing a mask?

I went last week!

In the place I went to, only the barber herself wore a mask! 

No hand sanitizer, no temperature check!

...and she was 'literally- in my hair for 25 minutes and could have only been closer, if we had sex!

So....again...

Edited by The Barmbeker

2 hours ago, 448glb said:

Not true, I have worked with some high ups in the Thai government and I can tell you first hand that not only can they out party us, they know a lot more fun places ????

...and i bet, their fun places never closed down during the last 4 months!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bodga said:

ill  be  ok  at  13  inches

21 hours ago, 1 said:

Let's hope this common sense approach extends itself do the entertainment industry rules! 

Common sense?? In Thailand??

1 hour ago, Expat Tom said:

So you can be crammed into a bus but you can't buy a lady (or lady boy-whatever your preference may be) a drink. Please explain that to me. 

No explanation, This is Thailand. The authorities know best. :cheesy:

20 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

but I can not sit in a pub, with a mate and have a beer?

You can also sit in a coffee-shop with a mate, and have a non-alcoholic drink.

Recently I was in  a coffee-shop in Thonglor, 5 people where sitting on one table, there was some

kind of presentation, one guy was speaking, showing some stuff on a laptop.

36 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

...and i bet, their fun places never closed down during the last 4 months!

The fun place is the place where the funny people operate from, funny rules, funny uniforms, funny power trips etc. everything just funny. :cheesy:  :cheesy:

1 hour ago, Expat Tom said:

So you can be crammed into a bus but you can't buy a lady (or lady boy-whatever your preference may be) a drink. Please explain that to me. 

You are probably not groping the person beside you on the bus.

21 hours ago, drbeach said:

Probably because the ultra conservative government hates fun? They are worse than many Muslim countries.

And it is likely that is pure, and total hypocrisy. I see nothing from these goons, that suggests a moral, and righteous lifestyle, or an ability to demonstrate anything even close to the purity they preach endlessly. It is true, they seem to have an issue with fun, nightlife, and the industry. But, I do not consider any of that to be based on anything but a false sense of superiority, based on less than zero. 

If anything the opposite is true. If the Thai people really knew these men who are running the country, they would likely be ousted tomorrow. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

I just got a haircut!

Can anyone - again- explain to me, why THAT was okay, but I can not sit in a pub, with a mate and have a beer?

Do you take your mates to the barbers to sit with you?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

I went last week!

In the place I went to, only the barber herself wore a mask! 

No hand sanitizer, no temperature check!

...and she was 'literally- in my hair for 25 minutes and could have only been closer, if we had sex!

So....again...

Premises that were allowed to open, had that permission on the basis that they followed the covid protocols.

You chose to enter one that apparently wasn't bothered about the guidance and you are trying to make some sort of point.

Like the half million people on Bournemouth beach the other day, why should anyone bother with guidance, xxxx everyone else.

On 6/26/2020 at 4:06 PM, Saint Nick said:

I just got a haircut!

Can you drink beer while wearing a mask? 

Does getting a haircut impair your judgement and make you forget about taking health precautions, getting closer to people, talking face to face because of the ambient noise?

• Like 2

On 6/26/2020 at 3:19 PM, 1 said:

Let's hope this common sense approach extends itself do the entertainment industry rules! 

Only if people use masks in the entertainment industry.. and.. they don't. Hard to drink with a mask. So common sense shows its not possible. 

So have the UK papers got it wrong today---they have Thailand as open for business from the 6th of July

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Families can again book summer getaways after ministers agreed last night to open air corridors with dozens of countries. The partial dismantling of Priti Patel's quarantine scheme means UK holidaymakers will be able to return home without having to self-isolate for 14 days. Under the traffic light system, countries will be rated green, amber or red based (right) on infection levels, the reliability of official data and confidence in test and trace systems.

'Traffic light system' for holiday destinations that will let Brits go on holiday to the safest destinations WITHOUT having to quarantine for two weeks is set to come into force on July 6  

Traffic light system for safest destinations will be introduced so families can book

On 6/26/2020 at 10:06 AM, Saint Nick said:

I just got a haircut!

because a beer with a mate is a conspiracy, and you will both turn into marauding troublemakers..... after the beer of course !