I'm starting to find the world a very ugly place to live.

giddyup

About the news

Bad news sells and bad news brings viewers that is why mostly bad news is reported. There is certainly also a lot of good news but it's more work to look for the good news

There is a saying in journalism, "If it bleeds, it leads."

I'm focusing on music lately.

It is too easy to get sucked into all the news online. 

My life isn't so bad. I swim, I eat well, the world outside the house is getting more normal everyday. I'm trying, but I still get sucked in a lot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

What misery? I've got the best life of anyone I know. No pressure, no problems, only time to do whatever I feel like doing and living in Thailand to boot! Just because I see life for what it is, and it's pretty sh!tty for most people on this planet, doesn't mean that I have to be miserable because of it. It's sad to see, pisses me off to no end, but it is what it is. We can only hope that the apparent trough of stupidity that the whole world seems to have devolved into will eventually cycle through and we can continue our evolution as a species in a more positive vein.

Have a nice day! ????

Nope, you see life from your eyes, and believe that´s what it is. Ever been thinking that you might be wrong?

For example, you see life for what it´s and that is pretty sh!tty for most people. Where is your evidence for that. Have you done an extensive poll with a couple of million people, or might it only be that they are ok with their life and you just believe something not true. Last but not least, it´s good to see that you put yourself above all, and stand out with a rather perfect life. 

Really? Where do you think you´re posting? In a forum for kindergarten children that just learned to read and write?

On 7/7/2020 at 8:31 PM, Jim Morrison said:

You will see the words "more support for girls and women" a thousand times..You will not see men mentioned.

You're wrong about that bit.  Men are mentioned a lot - how bad they are, sexist and potential abusers and rapists, all of them.  Can't escape the worry over "toxic masculinity."  And it's not that there's some masculinity that is toxic and some that is not.  Oh no.  It's all toxic, don't you know?

So. You're getting fed up with the way that the world has always been, but you kind of missed it before. 

I think I know the answer to your dilemma, but you won't like it. Still you've had a long life and presumably you weren't always such a misery.  At least my solution (I won't spell it out) would stop you bothering us with your VERY late in life existential angst. 

You know, as you age you're supposed to become more accepting of the iniquities and injustices of of the world. You did it wrong. Sorry for that 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, JWRC said:

It's not the world that's ugly, it's the people in it.

I made myself a promise when I was a teenager if I had a button to press to eradicate humans I'd press it in a heartbeat. I'm still firm on that. 

I have a very good fix for the OP. Sit in front of a clock and watch it for a while. If you don't have a great idea others might have it. In the worst case you might pay for doing nothing. In the end life follows very simple rules. You will not be able to change this. But even if the rules seem to be clear you still might not be able to benefit. That is what is called life. A simple condom would have avoided it... 

7 hours ago, Speedhump said:

I made myself a promise when I was a teenager if I had a button to press to eradicate humans I'd press it in a heartbeat. I'm still firm on that. 

Still firm little buttons? If you want to eradicate humanity (that word contains the word, man, am I allowed to say that?), then convince the world to give up procreating for 100 years. Game over :wink:

8 hours ago, Speedhump said:

Antisocial personality disorder signs and symptoms may include:

• Disregard for right and wrong
  • Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others
  • Being callous, cynical and disrespectful of others
  • Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or personal pleasure
  • Arrogance, a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated
  • Recurring problems with the law, including criminal behavior
  • Repeatedly violating the rights of others through intimidation and dishonesty
  • Impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead
  • Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, aggression or violence
  • Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others
  • Unnecessary risk-taking or dangerous behavior with no regard for the safety of self or others
  • Poor or abusive relationships
  • Failure to consider the negative consequences of behavior or learn from them
  • Being consistently irresponsible and repeatedly failing to fulfill work or financial obligations

Adults with antisocial personality disorder typically show symptoms of conduct disorder before the age of 15. Signs and symptoms of conduct disorder include serious, persistent behavior problems, such as:

• Aggression toward people and animals
  • Destruction of property
  • Deceitfulness
  • Theft
  • Serious violation of rules

Although antisocial personality disorder is considered lifelong, in some people, certain symptoms — particularly destructive and criminal behavior — may decrease over time. But it's not clear whether this decrease is a result of aging or an increased awareness of the consequences of antisocial behavior....................................................Just sayin'

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

A load of stuff about Speedhump's button. 

Antisocial personality disorder? In a big way then! Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others? What about me, I'd die too. ????

Edited by Speedhump
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

All 4 of them and then ride for 20 minutes up a country road, I don't think so, although I would imagine it would be fun if the heavens opened up....lol

My son's local school is 2 minutes down the road.

I'm sure you have a school nearer than that.

Didn't you say you were 72?

You must have been banging away to pop out four.

Edited by BritManToo

Just now, BritManToo said:

Most vehicle accidents happen very close to home. people let their guards down. "I don't need a helmet, the store is only 1 kilo away, and there aren't many drivers".

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There is a school 200 metres up the road, it's a public school in the village, with about 80 students, so we take them to a private 20 minutes up the road, yes I know snobes we are.

72, not yet, 60 years young next month, and it's 5 as I have a 23 year old daughter back in Oz from a previous ????

• Like 1

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

There is a school 200 metres up the road, it's a public school in the village, with about 80 students, so we take them to a private 20 minutes up the road, yes I know snobes we are.

72, not yet, 60 years young next month, and it's 5 as I have a 23 year old daughter back in Oz from a previous ????

Sorry, my mistake,

I'm a bit older than you at 64, which is probably why I confused your age with another poster.

It's downhill all the way from 60.

Government school is good enough for my lot.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It's downhill all the way from 60.

For you it was. Sorry for you. 

Rest assured many 60+ yo, financially-secured, fit, single men are living the dream in pussy paradise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nemises said:

For you it was. Sorry for you. 

Rest assured many 60+ yo, financially-secured, fit, single men are living the dream in pussy paradise. 

Actually, there aren't many 60+ yo, financially secure, fit ,single men in the whole world...............Men: 20-40 yrs old: Underfat: under 8 percent, Healthy: 8-19 percent, Overweight: 19-25 percent, Obese: over 25 percent. 41-60 yrs old: Underfat: under 11 percent, Healthy: 11-22 percent, Overweight: 22-27 percent, Obese: over 27 percent.Jan 5, 2018

• Like 1