Are there many bars open soi boukhao / soi lengkee that are busy at the moment

Martin71

Just wondering guys are many bars around these areas open and have many people at them?

Also just wondering does anyone know of hotels in these,areas doing good deals on hotel rooms (normally stay in rooms 900 to 1200 baht range.

Many thanks in advance gents.

Edited by Martin71

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Hi

around 60\70 % of the bars in Soi Bukkaho\soi Lengkee are open

an handful are doing pretty well with regular expats customers

bust most of them are empty or with very few people inside.

The girls are here also waiting you desperately.

The Opey de Place hotel soi Lengkee usualy around 1000 bhts\night

is open and actualy with nice prices around 400-500bahts

Maybe book 1-2 nights with Opey and then check other hotels while you're down there, then extend or book elsewhere

28 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Sounds like a nightmare but, on the flip side, might be a good time to find some company without all the Korean/Chinese 'tours' and their silly little flags walking around.

They were not really an impediment in the bars and GGBs...  Koreans in the bars were of course.  

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

I walked around Soi Buakhao/LK Metro last night. Most bars are open but very quiet, just one or two girls and virtually no customers. The lights are off in many places which makes the place look scary. Two a gogos actually open. Pandoras where you have to sit inside a plastic booth and the dancers are behind a plastic shield !!

Might as well stay home and watch some silly (un)reality show on TV.

Some places busy. Last saturday Triangle bar was very busy, Trenchtown bar also. Last night soi buakao not so busy. After i went to ibar in walking street, they opened first night and it was packed, thousands of people, i was shocked. So if you go for a girl it's the best time ever now with many young girls but also mostly young farang..

4 hours ago, thaisabai said:

the situation Buakhao/Lengkee is awkward the least!

most bars open, but as mentioned by others, no or very few customers, mainly expats living here.

the government doesn't seem to care much, i.e. after months of closure finally open, just for a couple of days, Then 2 days closed again bc of Buddha celebrations, then open 1 day again only to be closed again (Soi Lengkee extensive electrical repairs, no electricity). And with another holiday coming up this month.... never ending!

I feel really sorry for the bar/restaurant owners!

Now with the decision to postpone international travel indefinitely, not much hope for these guys to make a descent living in the near future.

anyway, it is how it is and nevertheless I am enjoying the peaceful life.

as for hotels, Opey De place is a good recommendation, with a present price tag of 450-850 Baht, Swimming pool and a descent restaurant.

thaisabai

I usually stay at Opey - great pool.

They usually reduce their rates at this time of year but not by that amount!

Now if only i could actually get back to Thailand, I'd happily book in there! ????

• Like 2

7 hours ago, baansgr said:

A few bars that have an extensive network of friends have a few customers....almost every bar is empty apart from one or 2 nursing a big Chang...

And there,s nowt wrong with that...:thumbsup:

35 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

While on the subject of bars open, anybody know if the bars are open in

Ban Chang ??

There are Ban Chang groups on facebook, i sometimes see food being advertised but can't recall a bar open post, maybe worth having a look