How a group of teens made Surat Thani police a laughing stock

webfact

Happens all over the world...  I remember leaving a high school dance in W. Texas in 1970. After a few miles, I noticed a car following me, so I took to the country caliche roads in an attempt to 'lose them'. After about 20 minutes out in the country the officer turned on his over cab flasher emergency lights. I stopped and we did the usual license check and sobriety test (I was 17 and never touched a drop of liquor in my life).  He proceeds to grill me about 'where's my stash' clap trap BS. It was my first encounter with the police and I total lost respect for them then.  I've had good friends who were policemen in my adult life, but am suspicious of most.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Happens all over the world...  I remember leaving a high school dance in W. Texas in 1970. After a few miles, I noticed a car following me, so I took to the country caliche roads in an attempt to 'lose them'. After about 20 minutes out in the country the officer turned on his over cab flasher emergency lights. I stopped and we did the usual license check and sobriety test (I was 17 and never touched a drop of liquor in my life).  He proceeds to grill me about 'where's my stash' clap trap BS. It was my first encounter with the police and I total lost respect for them then.  I've had good friends who were policemen in my adult life, but am suspicious of most.

I've had good friends who were policemen in my adult life, but am suspicious of most.

Very true, Seems it is an international phenomenon - with the Police, I mean! 

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

I take it from your above comment, you have never been screwed over, threatened with being shot, by the police here, well i have, you dont like the comment i made about them.... Tough.

Ah, your life is so very rich with experience. 

One might argue however that with experiences such as the ones you cite above, you could be considered to have done things quite very wrong.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/9/2020 at 9:51 AM, CorpusChristie said:

Some kids acting suspiciously , Police go and see what they are doing .

Police found nothing untoward .

Police leave .

Where is the "laughing stock" bit ?

agree, police getting off their butts and being pro-active for a change.  hardly hilarious