The Great American Rib Company

Luckydog

Jingthing,

*** You have five posts here. This place could not be that worthy of your time, could it be?

Frankly, it pisses me off to hear people diss such a noble and competent venture on trivialities like tea refills

*** at 65 baht for 5oz in a 10oz glass, I do not blame him for commenting.

and taxes,

*** The Service Charge: If I went into Carefour Supermarket and asked for the salmon which I just pulled off of the ice to be cooked, I would expect to pay an additional fee. When I go into a restaurant, I expect that the cooking and serving of the food to be part of the price on the menu, and it should not have an additional charge added. That is the difference betwen a restaurant and a market.

when this rib joint is the real deal, and people in Thailand are very lucky to have this eating option. I for one appreciate the pro opinions. Try the ribs with the side sauce. Try the chicken wings. Then say you don't like it. (Doubtful.)

*** You seem to be putting a lot of energy into defending this restaurant

OK, it is not so cheap when you consider their high drink prices and plus plus pricing, but quality costs, and it is certainly reasonable.

*** The drinks and the plus plus are not costly for the restaurant to produce. They could charge for the expensive items instead.

Free tea or no free tea is an absurd detail to focus on.

*** It was one of a few details which were mentioned in the OP, but not focused on.

Who eats ribs everyday anyway?

*** That kind of response is not going to bring customers back or convince anyone to go there.

So don't eat there! Up 2 you. YOUR LOSS if you like good food. A restaurant isn't a charity, sorry about that.

I have no business or personal interest in this rib joint but I do believe in praising the praiseworthy (and dissing the dissworthy).

Edited by Jingthing

I have heard a lot of good things about The Great American Rib Company and I live in Chiang Mai where we don't have one.

If you are lucky enough to have one close and you want it to stay in business, passing on your favorable impressions is good way to do it! :o

We went there the last time we were in Pattaya. Excellent food and not too expensive. I suppose we are not the 'look 4 of use shared a bowl of noodles and saved 15 baht each' type of people that some are.

We visitted on a very quiet lunchtime, the music was subtle and you could smell the ribs being smoked. Very nice, my only complaint was they had run out of lemon merangue pie. :o

I went there a few weeks ago and thought it was very good.

I didn't think the drinks prices were high and the overall bill was very reasonable for the amount of food and drinks the 4 of us had.

The staff were great and it turns out that I knew the manager Greg from when he used to be in the Blues Factory Band.

I spose you wingeing old gits could always buy some Leo's from 7-11 and drink them in the bogs to save a few baht or better still just sit outside and eat noodles and get some FREE ambiance. :o

The staff were great and it turns out that I knew the manager Greg from when he used to be in the Blues Factory Band.

Greg, the Harp player? Same guy who opened that Blues Place in Bangkok, Suk 33? Have to go there!