China warns UK: 'Dumping' Huawei will cost you

webfact

Dumping, that's what China think? In my opinion, if security is the issue China should understand and manufacture products that has no surveillance. I do not know if the news is true about the surveillance thing, but if that is the issue they should prove it wrong therefore any country would not worry about it. I think those countries that ban will not do it unless they prove it wrong because China is a great market, and they surely loss also in banning the phone. 

14 hours ago, Morch said:

We should all remember. Well now. I think on at least a couple of past topics the claim regarding war being the mainstay of American economy were demonstrated to be wrong, all the more so with regard to exports and sales. While it's a very visible part, I doubt it actually makes it into the top ten.

The United States

WASHINGTON — The United States was the largest exporter of major arms from 2015-2019, delivering 76 percent more materiel than runner-up Russia, according to a new study by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute think tank.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, car720 said:
The United States

WASHINGTON — The United States was the largest exporter of major arms from 2015-2019, delivering 76 percent more materiel than runner-up Russia, according to a new study by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute think tank.

The US is the world's largest exporter of arms at roughly $10.5 billion per year representing less than 0.5% of $2.5 trillion total exports. Russian arm exports are 1.5% of total exports, or $6.5 billion.

China leads in exports that affect the world economy with SARS-2 estimated to cause $6 to $9 trillion in losses.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rabas said:

The US is the world's largest exporter of arms at roughly $10.5 billion per year representing less than 0.5% of $2.5 trillion total exports. Russian arm exports are 1.5% of total exports, or $6.5 billion.

China leads in exports that affect the world economy with SARS-2 estimated to cause $6 to $9 trillion in losses.

if 10.5 billion equal .5%, then how can 6.5 billion equal 1.5%?

11 minutes ago, car720 said:

US $10.5B of $2500B total exports

Russia $6.5B of $430B total exports

morning lack of coffee? ????

Point being that US has a broad range of exports, arms are not a big deal.

BTW 52% of Russia's exports are carbon based fuels. A significant contributor to Russia's strategies around the globe.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, car720 said:

3 hours ago, car720 said:

lol:

"reading, riting, AND rith-matic, touch to the tune of the hickory stick.

Remember the 3R's?

1.05E+10/2.5E+12=??

<.5%

arms-exports.jpg

Edited by i84teen

On 7/18/2020 at 3:43 AM, car720 said:
The United States

Deflection. That the USA is a major arms export isn't debated. Rather, the issue raised was the significance of the arms industry relative to total USA exports. You were saying something about "mainstay"?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

but they (Tik Tok/Byte Dance) keep saying they are independent and in NOT under and type of control or obligations to the CCP.... I guess their rhetoric/ propaganda is just BS otherwise what's their relationship to Huawei.... same same but different (name) 555

Critics have warned it is a spying tool for Beijing and like Huawei should be banned by the UK. ByteDance has pointed out that it has an American chief executive and several US executives on its board. It has consistently denied allegations that it shares user data.

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 2:49 AM, RobFord said:

Shouldn’t be so negative. Come November 3rd there will be a huge flush and this US regime will be eliminated. The next will be more aggressive and intelligent. 
The conflict with China under Xi is only just heating up. I don’t think it serves anyone to have dominate Chinese technology with what’s coming. Huawei had to go. 

I'm sure Joe will drive a hard bargain.....might even go so far as demand Xi give Hunter his old Chinese job back

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JensenZ said:

Yes, they have being threatening Australia for months, and even followed through on some of their threats... now they have started on the UK. Who's next? Maybe sooner or later they will discover that they don't run the world as more and more countries start to cut financial ties.

Maybe the pandemic has done one good thing -  saved the world from Chinese domination. If Biden gets in we can probably expect the USA to get cosy with China again, as he believes a strong China is good for the whole world.

Not sure thats true about Biden

The whole Western world has finally awoken from the fantasy that China was going to move towards a move democratic, if still one party system.

Joe in recent weeks has been spouting some pretty hardline statements about China.

What we are seeing however is the failure of the past 20 years of collective Western government's to understand the risk China poses.

Chickens coming home to roost I fear

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Not sure thats true about Biden

The whole Western world has finally awoken from the fantasy that China was going to move towards a move democratic, if still one party system.

Joe in recent weeks has been spouting some pretty hardline statements about China.

What we are seeing however is the failure of the past 20 years of collective Western government's to understand the risk China poses.

Chickens coming home to roost I fear

if i had burnt my bridges and lived in thailand i would be feeling distinctly apprehensive just now.