Thailand to offer grace period for foreigners’ visa extensions

webfact

1 hour ago, Dumbastheycome said:

My guess is  you will be ok  with  that .

July 31st is not a  do or die date now,  26th September  is.

Yes ...,and iff all wait to the last days ... than there shall not be enough vacant flights availble ....sort out your chances for a legit stay is the main advise....or book a flight 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smedly said:

this thread is pointless 

there is not enough detail in the OP to conclude anything 

lets hope clarification will follow early next week

Agree.

There is a cabinet meeting next Tuesday.  Nothing official as yet.

21 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

Situation has improved? Really? How many incoming tourists Thailand is planning to have until 26 of September? None? Idiots.

Probably meaning that now flights to leave are availble ...which was not in first...and citys not anymore in local lockdowns which made it impossible to travel yeven to Bkk airport ......think this is a part of improvment ...to be able to leave they could mean

Edited by david555

2 minutes ago, Sundown said:

So what's the difference from the visa amnesty. Visa amnesty was not an extension, was itself a grace period. So another grace period of 2 months where you can either leave or pay the bribes.

Grace period = Visa amnesty extended another 2 months

Sorry for the "go home" squad. ????

The implied difference is that there is a specific end date within which time to take some initiative  rather than sit tight in the expectation of  even further  "amnesty".

• Like 2

I doubt that they will allow you to buy visas like at the embassies or consulates. They call it "visas", we call it "entry stamps". Same thing to Immigration. It means you have until September 26 to get your legal status. Either an extension (if you qualify) or whatever.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, greggraham said:

It's a Saturday too. Seems very random. 

Holidays in Thailand on 26/27/28 this month so 26sept means two months  to get your extension sorted is the only way I can relate to it on dates. Tenuous I know.

Edited by overherebc

11 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

I don't think so. I think it means we have time to sort out a new visa or leave by Sept. 26.

Reckon so. If you are single and under 50 your options will be limited.

Elite visa at 500,000 for 5 years????

Edited by overherebc

28 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

I don't think so. I think it means we have time to sort out a new visa or leave by Sept. 26.

“So we do not propose to extend visas after July 31, but allow for visa requests from August 1 to September 26”

leave by sept. 26 would mean the amnesty is extended? there is no way to do a "visa request" in country for a tourist? i think the message continues to be..... get a proper visa or get out now 

• Like 1