Over 1,100 overseas Thais returning home in next two days

rooster59

dunno how they will fly from UK ..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8531777/End-BA-jumbo-jets-British-Airways-scraps-ENTIRE-FLEET-iconic-747-planes.html

End of the BA jumbo jets: British Airways scraps ENTIRE FLEET of iconic 747 planes after plummeting passenger numbers forces bosses to bring forward plan to retire them in 2024

• The nation's flag carrier is world's last major operator of the iconic Boeing 747
  • BA used 31 jumbo jets before coronavirus crisis forced bosses to park the fleet
  • It will lead to fears for jobs of more than 600 BA pilots trained to fly the 747-400 

6 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

dunno how they will fly from UK ..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8531777/End-BA-jumbo-jets-British-Airways-scraps-ENTIRE-FLEET-iconic-747-planes.html

End of the BA jumbo jets: British Airways scraps ENTIRE FLEET of iconic 747 planes after plummeting passenger numbers forces bosses to bring forward plan to retire them in 2024

• The nation's flag carrier is world's last major operator of the iconic Boeing 747
  • BA used 31 jumbo jets before coronavirus crisis forced bosses to park the fleet
  • It will lead to fears for jobs of more than 600 BA pilots trained to fly the 747-400 

Eva Air and Qatar to name two. I have never flown BA to Thailand; they don't even fly out of Manchester or many regional airports. 

The fact is that those „repatriation flights“ will never end, if TH continues like that. How long will they put everyone in quarantine? I Know 2cases with valid Schengen-Visa, who flew to FRA last week to visit their boyfriends. So there will be more and more doing that, as time pases. If they visited Europe during Christmas 2019, their visa are valid until End of 2020, but just with Max 90 days per trip.

Moreover, the upper middle class and the hi-so class won’t let themself being caged in TH forever. So it will be fun to see how long the government keeps the „mandatory state quarantine“.

23 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Sorry.

What is this document? Where did it come from? What does it mean?

Does it say ~ 81,716 Thais returned in May 2020?

That figure seems nigh on impossible unless they swam back to Thaialand en masse.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Sorry.

What is this document? Where did it come from? What does it mean?

Does it say ~ 81,716 Thais returned in May 2020?

That figure seems nigh on impossible unless they swam back to Thaialand en masse.

It is immigration's own tracking sheet for all border crossings in Thailand.

Row 102(AV) are showing Thai arrivals, but since 66,316 Thais also departed in May I suspect the majority are air crews. 

June's report is out later this week.

May Arrivals.xlsx

7 hours ago, Don Mega said:
11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

... after being tested -ve for Covid-19.

Not required for Thai Nationals.

Then how come the daily drip-feed of Covid-19 +ve cases are mostly coming from repatriated Thai people?

42 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Then how come the daily drip-feed of Covid-19 +ve cases are mostly coming from repatriated Thai people?

errrrrr, because they do not require a covid test prior to flying they arrive with covid  perhaps.

How many non Thai nationals that have arrive have been detected covid positive in quarantine ?

Edited by Don Mega

26 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

errrrrr, because they do not require a covid test prior to flying they arrive with covid  perhaps.

How many non Thai nationals that have arrive have been detected covid positive in quarantine ?

I misunderstood the premise for your statement. You are correct.

Since not a lot of non-Thai's have returned, beyond the very recent Egyptian soldier and the Sudanese diplomat's daughter, I recall some noise about Thai migrant workers either testing +ve on repatriation to Thailand or it may have been Cambodian or Myanmar migrant workers testing positive after returning to their home countries from Thailand.

For ease of control and verification, it makes more sense to skip the pre-departure testing and only do it on arrival but if they did that for all nationalities, then the primary deterrent to travel of it being "tool hard" will be lost and all sorts of punters will be coming in on a wing, prayer and fit-to-fly paper.

Edited by NanLaew

21 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Really? So you subscribe to the indolent Thai rice farmer and lethargic Thai factory worker tropes?

Not at all my opinion of Thai workers. Rather my opinion of how hard(difficult) it is to get a work visa anywhere for a Thai national. I've flown out of Thailand dozens of times and hardly ever a Thail national onboard.

I sat on my balcony at 3AM and watched how active a local fresh market is, plenty of Thai's working. Not just the ones buying but the ones selling. Plenty of hard workers in Thailand up and about at that time of morning.