Thai Elite visa holders to be allowed in soon?

According to an article in the BKK Post (no link, per forum rules), Thai Elite Visa holders can (perhaps) enter relatively soon.

Excerpt: Five select groups of foreigners......travelers who are members of the Thailand Elite Card scheme, Dr Taweesilp said.

TE holders are part of a group of five they're considering allowing to enter the country.

+1 from this TE holder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

and the best of luck to them,i,m going to vietnam soon as it opens.

Apparantly since the law changed in Vietnam earlier this month you can stay for 30 days max, then need to leave.

Nobody knows why or where this new law came from and these days I doubt anyone will care, there probably won't be any flights until next year anyway ????

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Apparantly since the law changed in Vietnam earlier this month you can stay for 30 days max, then need to leave.

Nobody knows why or where this new law came from and these days I doubt anyone will care, there probably won't be any flights until next year anyway ????

heard the rules changed in june,don,t know when the borders are open though.

44 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

No, but they might NOT be allowed to enter Thailand soon.

Just a guess at this point.

Well, they are one of the categories considered. Of course nobody knows which way that is going to go but these members are better positioned than a couple of days ago.

• Like 2

Thai Elite should have priority over regular tourists if they're paying all that money for it.

But looking beyond that. This is a very good sign that they might plan on allowing regular tourists in very soon.  First they let foreigners who are married/working, then allow the premium Elite visa tourists, the next is allowing normal tourists from other countries to come in.

Edited by acenase
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

The Thai elite and Non-immigrant O (retirement) crowd stuck out of Thailand right now is very small... Elite have paid for their status, and retirees have also invested heavily in Thailand... they deserve to be let back in. 

Agreed, if Elite are being considered they better look at Non O ( Ret ) as well, condo owners, renters, etc, people with hefty bank accounts who are stuck abroad. ( surprised thats not been looked at yet - bank accounts )

I see it the positive way ....i am in already ....no need of coughing up 1 million baht + all the remaining to pay for entry ransom and 15 day confingment...all for 1900 baht a year....and having at least 800K on Th. Bank ????????...next one end august ????

57 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

No special treatment.

If they can afford the Visa then they should be able to easily afford all the qualifying requirements.

It will only be for those with a Thai Elite membership and a valid PE visa.  A new applicant would not qualify since the visa has be put into a passport at an airport or immigration office here.

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

No special treatment.

If they can afford the Visa then they should be able to easily afford all the qualifying requirements.

None mentioned (special treatment)

6 hours ago, david555 said:

I see it the positive way ....i am in already ....no need of coughing up 1 million baht + all the remaining to pay for entry ransom and 15 day confinement...all for 1900 baht a year....and having at least 800K on Th. Bank ????????...next one end august ????

But...the point is to be able to get out and eventually get back in (even though you would not be willing nor need to do so). Right now we are all "homebound" and the feeling is quite bad 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alyx said:

But...the point is to be able to get out and eventually get back in (even though you would not be willing nor need to do so). Right now we are all "homebound" and the feeling is quite bad 

yes

in certain way you are right …. for me it disturb my planning to say by-by Thailand in my planned way with 2 intermedia flights and the last one at June 2022....

BUT  if I calculate those 2 travels , ticket and hotel home country …. I come on a saving from 4000€ which I then can use for eventually need of a shared container or a small one …. (this only  if I can not sell my quit expensive things for a reasonable price .)

So this situation brings  me anyway in a position that my very next extension (Aug.) give me up to Sept 24 2021 and then 8 months later I leave Thailand anyway to relocate back to my  €'s Land , 13 years is enough for me , as the last 5 have no comparing with wonderful  from 2009 to 2016....Paradise lost …. no visa or ext. problems or money problems …. just as planned when I came in 2009 not for ever to stay Thailand

But yes ! this travel ban in disturbs me in some way to ????  but not so much as a future leaver...

Edited by david555