Two Thai immigration officers transferred for allegedly taking visa extension bribes

webfact

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

That is wishful thinking, stop ripping off their country and foreigners.????

Never going to happen.

Oh yes it will if applicant's was to have an hidden cctv  on their person when applying for a visa. Record your application. CCTVs can be very small. Expose the Bst.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, parallaxtech said:

My extension is coming up next month, any suggestions?

Do it by the book and use your phone recorder. In fact just place your phone on the table in front of you. No need to have it switched on.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 2

Before there was an office in Khon Kaen, I had to travel to Udon or Nong Kai every month for nearly a years for refusing to pay a bribe, but you know something, I slept at night knowing that I was true to myself and keeping my integrity.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

reprimand but delay further punishment for the man in charge of the transferred officers for failing to deal with possible illegal activity taking place under their command

The buck always stops at the most lowly and vulnerable!  

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Only two ?...

Yes indeed, as I well know! I still have some "brown" Thai envelopes here in Cambodia, but no need to use. All one needs is US$ to pay the official fee for a visa extension - no other bureaucratic or financial paperwork that leads to corruption!!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

47 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

People should refuse and report these criminals. Instead I saaw many idiot farang give them tips in Khon Kaen. They are police for Christ's sake, don't aid and abet them.

15978120_10154920232979740_1964511223256141403_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_eui2=AeHOpxeEtoRFq7D9OSdqIeDy8tMtbSizq67y0y1tKLOrrkklk9V_UYFsOqY1IouH_G8&_nc_ohc=ibaAkWAskzIAX9UAZWf&_nc_ht=scontent.fkkc3-1.fna&oh=4c8952fbd5970068da668a9ba1a69aee&oe=5F3BF20A

That is ludicrous, even by the clown standards here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gamini said:

Are they any worse than the farangs paying 20,000 bt bribes to agents and others to have someone else put up the required 800 K for a Visa extension, it's because of these farangs that the regulations have been tightened and made a bit more difficult.

That is not what this is about.

Stay on topic.

11 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I saaw many idiot farang give them tips in Khon Kaen.

Isn't it possible this is the box for "donations" after someone from Immigration has kindly photocopied pages from your passport, or other documents, free of charge???

1 minute ago, lee b said:

Why do these people keep getting transferred? They should be fired and made to empty bins early hours of the morning.

Well, it seems that at some IOs in order to get a job as Immigration Officer you need to pay a huge sum of money to get it.  And it is thus considered 'normal' to do some moon-lighting in order to recuperate that investment.  That's how the system works.

Occasionally some officers are transferred or even sacked.  The real reason behind such happenings are not Anti Corruption, but one of the following:

- Some internal strife between Immigration officers or with divisional level, resulting in an audit and weeding out of the 'losing' side;

- Plain stupidity, like in the current case where the 2 Nonthaburi immigration officers tried to play the same game on a HISo Thai that they do on a daily basis with 'stupid farangs', and demanding 20K tea-money to speed up the processing of the work permits of the foreigners employed by that HiSo Thai.  Big Mistake!

>> Don't get me wrong, not all thai IOs are rotten to the core but there are a couple that really deserve a brush-over, and the fact that this happened at Nonthaburi doesn't surprise me at all.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Two Thai immigration officers transferred for allegedly taking visa extension bribes

Just two? I would find it a lot more believable if there were at least two (or even three) zeros behind that two.

7 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

As per those 2 IOs..anyone know where they have been moved to and is the going rate for re-entry still 20k?

Should have been sacked and arrested ... oh ... sorry ... happened in Thailand ... ah... that’s a different story then