Jump to content

Thailand’s flight ban might extend


webfact

Recommended Posts

Thailand’s flight ban might extend

By TTR WEEKLY

 

caat.jpg

  

BANGKOK, 23 July 2020: The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has hinted at the possibility of extending the international commercial flight ban according to the National News  Bureau of Thailand.

 

It coincides with reliable information from sources close to Thai Airways International suggesting the airline will not start international services until December.

 

The comments were made by a high ranking THAI executive who told a travel association’s committee members it was “very likely that the airline would not be able to resume services in September.

 

Full story: https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2020/07/thailands-flight-ban-might-extend/

 

TTR_new.jpg

-- © Copyright TTR Weekly 2020-07-23
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So no foreigners coming in by air but hundreds of thousands laborers from neighbouring countries pouring in overland borders presumably unquarantined is just dendy...

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, webfact said:

It coincides with reliable information from sources close to Thai Airways International suggesting the airline will not start international services until December.

Yay ....... another VISA amnesty extension coming!

I've been saying likely until the end of the year all along.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yay ....... another VISA amnesty extension coming!

I've been saying likely until the end of the year all along.

Better buy some B12 for the "misses"......just when she thought she was gonna get a break from her teerak~

🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad news for those stuck outside trying to get in, especially those who will not be allowed back as they don't have a valid reason to be here or the funds to secure a seat on the few flights remaining.

 

Still, going to be a great high season. Beautiful weather, pick of the beaches, hotel bargains everywhere... Enjoy it while it lasts.

 

Every cloud and all that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Won't be worth coming...by then everything in every tourist town will be closed

Let's see how domestic high season tourism is with few around.  Be like 30 years ago when I was in my 20's and came for 2 weeks to Phuket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ezzra said:

So no foreigners coming in by air but hundreds of thousands laborers from neighbouring countries pouring in overland borders presumably unquarantined is just dendy...

They'll all be quarantined as per the report yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Let's see how domestic high season tourism is with few around.  Be like 30 years ago when I was in my 20's and came for 2 weeks to Phuket.

No...it will be very different!

30 years ago, the whole infrastructure was less developed!

Now, you will stroll around through deserted streets with closed down hotels and businesses!

How idyllic! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Barmbeker said:

No...it will be very different!

30 years ago, the whole infrastructure was less developed!

Now, you will stroll around through deserted streets with closed down hotels and businesses!

How idyllic! 

Not all hotels are closed.  I am headed back to Cape Panwa to stay at the Pullman resort in a Seaview room with all amenities included, 3 meals a day, drinks, transfers to and from the hotel back to the airport.  With the Airfare I paid on Bangkok Airways and the 8 day package it ran about 37,000 baht for both the GF and myself.  Just returned 2 weeks ago from Staying at the Cape Panwa resort same type of deal.

 

I will book a few more trips from Bangkok to Phuket in November and December.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ezzra said:

So no foreigners coming in by air but hundreds of thousands laborers from neighbouring countries pouring in overland borders presumably unquarantined is just dendy...

 

1. Migrant laborers will be required to quarantine for 14 days and undergo testing.

 

2. Zero community transmission in the neighboring countries, in most cases for over 2 months now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not all hotels are closed.  I am headed back to Cape Panwa to stay at the Pullman resort in a Seaview room with all amenities included, 3 meals a day, drinks, transfers to and from the hotel back to the airport.  With the Airfare I paid on Bangkok Airways and the 8 day package it ran about 37,000 baht for both the GF and myself.  Just returned 2 weeks ago from Staying at the Cape Panwa resort same type of deal.

 

I will book a few more trips from Bangkok to Phuket in November and December.

That's good, think I may check that one out as not been to Phuket in a few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Still, going to be a great high season. Beautiful weather, pick of the beaches, hotel bargains everywhere...

Going to be the first high season in history that more businesses go under than evolve

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Bad news for those stuck outside trying to get in, especially those who will not be allowed back as they don't have a valid reason to be here or the funds to secure a seat on the few flights remaining.

 

Still, going to be a great high season. Beautiful weather, pick of the beaches, hotel bargains everywhere... Enjoy it while it lasts.

 

Every cloud and all that. 

I tend to agree. It is what it is. Had an utterly delightful time in Bangkok a week ago. Amazing. Hardly anyone there. A few places were busy. The malls were busy with locals. But alot of people in need. Alot of great hotel bargains! And seemed like less traffic than usual. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ezzra said:

So no foreigners coming in by air but hundreds of thousands laborers from neighbouring countries pouring in overland borders presumably unquarantined is just dendy...

They're supposed to be quarantined from my understanding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

That's good, think I may check that one out as not been to Phuket in a few years.

Booked through a company called luxury escapes 

Link to post
Share on other sites

if that is the case to dec.the next high season will be full of people returning or very bad for tourism in thailand.many are waiting and can not do anything about returning or leaving at the moment.not good for anybody.i was hoping end of the year it would be safe to travel  and get back 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I tend to agree. It is what it is. Had an utterly delightful time in Bangkok a week ago. Amazing. Hardly anyone there. A few places were busy. The malls were busy with locals. But alot of people in need. Alot of great hotel bargains! And seemed like less traffic than usual. 

I was there yesterday, right in the middle. Traffic was definitely less than usual, seemed pretty quiet - but as you said, surprisingly pleasant. If it was like that all the time the place might almost be livable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Booked through a company called luxury escapes 

Thanks for the info.

 

I have about 30,000thb worth of Agodacash from a recently cancelled business trip booking so I will try to use that first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Let's see how domestic high season tourism is with few around.  Be like 30 years ago when I was in my 20's and came for 2 weeks to Phuket.

Yes, same here although in those days we had more spending power, USD/GBP to the THB,

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that circus music?  Gosh, how is furthering the flight band going to effect prediction of a recovery by the aviation industry?  Somebody needs to polish their crystal ball more often.   They will let anyone say anything in this circus of a government.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Bad news for those stuck outside trying to get in, especially those who will not be allowed back as they don't have a valid reason to be here or the funds to secure a seat on the few flights remaining.

 

Still, going to be a great high season. Beautiful weather, pick of the beaches, hotel bargains everywhere... Enjoy it while it lasts.

 

Every cloud and all that. 

Might not happen again for a lifetime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Booked through a company called luxury escapes 

I've done a few of their trips, all have been good. Would book Maldives now but .. Thailand and it's quarantines. Maldives has no restrictions in flying in: https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/maldives-reopening-july/index.html

 

World is slowly starting to open up, at the same time Thailand is tightening up. And it's not due to covid, it's the usurpers and students.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...