Video: Life sentence - reduced to 25 years - for Thai man who drove a car into his neighbor

rooster59

Video: Life sentence - reduced to 25 years - for Thai man who drove a car into his neighbor

video.JPG

Image: Daily News

The Ayuthaya Court has handed down a life sentence to a Thai man who deliberately drove a car into his unsuspecting neighbor while he was watering his plants.

CCTV footage caught the horrifying moment when Phaiboon Sangsan, 56, killed fifty seven year old Suphan Yatbanthung, a civil engineer with the department of rural roads.

It happened at the Krung Sri City estate on January 25th - the suspect fled the scene but was soon arrested. 

The incident followed arguments about a washing line set up in the street. 

The court sentenced Phaiboon to life though this was reduced to 25 years because of his admission. 

He was also ordered to pay 3 million baht in compensation. 

Suphan's widow, forty one year old Pankamon Rasamee thanked the court and noted that the neighbor had said nothing about compensation and offered her no help. Only funeral expenses had been forthcoming. 

She said that she would consult a lawyer about the possibility of an appeal. 

Daily News did not say on what grounds an appeal might be made, notes Thaivisa.

They reported back in January that the murderer was a motorcycle taxi rider. He was apparently driving a neighbor's car and had been hired to take two young boys to football practice.

Also read:  https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1145306-thai-man-murders-his-neighbor-in-argument-over-washing-line-outside-his-house/

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-25

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

25 years in a Thai jail is very long stretch in a hell holes of what thai jails are, but the man is a murderer in cold blood and i think he got what coming to him...  

The Red Bull brat is worse but his family can afford to buuy Thai Justice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

did he ?.

where is the vid foootage.

The Red Bull heir admitted to doing it. That along with the car, blood, dead body, witnesses, etc, they had a watertight case. That’s why he hasn’t been in the country the last 8 years. 

But you keep doubling down on this issue. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Bloody pathetic isnt it, a man gets 25 years.... Red bull heir gets away with it.

Double standards  or what !!

Bloody pathetic isn't it, the usual Thai bashers comparing cold-blooded murder with an accident, just to get some likes

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The Ayuthaya Court has handed down a life sentence to a Thai man who deliberately drove a car into his unsuspecting neighbor

Edited by Susco
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

Bloody pathetic isn't it, the know Thai bashers comparing murder with an accident, just to get some likes

Do you wanna know the number 1 reason I don’t drink and drive? It’s not because I fear getting caught and losing my license, etc, (this sentiment applies to Thailand and my home country) it’s because if I do there’s a chance I could seriously hurt or kill someone. See, I know why drink driving is very bad. And even if I didn’t, I should be forced to understand by being given a lengthy custodial sentence for hurting or killing someone while doing it. 

Holding people to account for their actions; it’s an amazing thing that helps society grow and develop. Whether it be for reckless driving under the influence or straight up vehicular murder. 

• Like 1