Are bars still only permitted to be open until midnight?

Drew3223

11 hours ago, dddave said:

I was in Pattaya this past weekend and pretty much every bar on Walking Street and WS area as well as LK Metro, Soi Buakhow and TreeTown  closed at midnight.

How were you received regards being a farang and standoffishness, perceived or otherwise? Not that I'm a mongerer or anything (I'm really not). :tongue:

12 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

Less deaths on the road. Brown envelopes after midnight for bars open without lights on.

Maybe bad business for the LB´s to if bars close to early. I just hate to end up in a hotel with a bar undernite, even you asked for a quiet room. It doesnt seems like anyone kow what a quiet room in Thailand is! Just went to Khon Kaen, and got the cowboy bar just 5 floors below. But they quit music at 23:00 at least. Thumbs up not every place they do that. 

However we have bars and we have Night clubs, good idea to move the noise out of reach of where people trying to sleep. But I guess it is to much to ask for. Logic

Edited by Tagged
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Absolutely none, the soldiers just love the power to show their authority.

About this one, I can aggree with the army to close the bars at 12:00. Good decission, saves many souls ????

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Tagged said:

What difference does it make if bars close  12:00 or 02:00? 

It makes a HUGE difference..

In the gogo bars..ask any bar manager..

Its surprising how strict most of them are,about closing at midnigjt.

3 minutes ago, murraynz said:

It makes a HUGE difference..

In the gogo bars..ask any bar manager..

Its surprising how strict most of them are,about closing at midnigjt.

I happy for the poor girls getting in bed before midnight, and so do I. For most poeple out, there is nothing more to see after midnight. Just getting more drunk and useless. 

15 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Hasn't it been this way (at least on paper) since Thaksin, 2001 ish?

It depends on location. The closing time at the moment is nationwide and it's because of the emergency decree. 

If you start drinking at 6pm and have just 2 drinks per hour, that's 12 drinks by midnight.

If you wait to start drinking until 7pm and have 3 drinks per hour, that's 15 drinks by midnight.

If you must wait to start drinking until 8pm and have 4 drinks per hour, that's 16 drinks by midnight.

How many drinks do you "need"?!?!?

????????????????????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

If you start drinking at 6pm and have just 2 drinks per hour, that's 12 drinks by midnight.

If you wait to start drinking until 7pm and have 3 drinks per hour, that's 15 drinks by midnight.

If you must wait to start drinking until 8pm and have 4 drinks per hour, that's 16 drinks by midnight.

How many drinks do you "need"?!?!?

????????????????????

Depends on how good looking the girl is. :cheesy:

• Haha 1