No vaccine against virus of nation hatred, warns Army chief

webfact

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

Not sure the country will ever recover from the government of Prayut.

At least with Covid, you can minimalise being infected with it, masking, social distancing etc.

With this government, even the Thais with a legitimate vote at the polling station, could do nothing to stop the shambles in charge now ! 

You mean the Thaksin governments were any better?

Really?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bodga said:

????

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Apirat told the press later that children should be taught to love their motherland, so they don’t grow up to be nation haters.

????????

I think he mistakes the difference between;

1. The Army.

2. The Government.

3. The Motherland. 

In the Army and the Government you must obey your immediate superiors. In so far as your Motherland is concerned and if you don't love it you should apply for asylum in another country. 

1 hour ago, The Deerhunter said:

Hate Thailand?  I still love Thailand and have a Thai flag at my gate (underneath my own national flag)

Believe it or not, but you can be arrested for that here. The Thai flag must always fly above the flag of your country in Thailand. True!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

The vaccine is called democracy.......... free of a corrupt Army and corrupt politicians

And we see how democratic countries doing it so much better these days. Huh, sad to see, but it was a hell of a uprise from where it started back 150 years ago +- for the most countries or at least the western countries. 

The party is over, brace for impact. 

Edited by Tagged
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

So if you can't treat and or cure the patient - what then? This sounds very much like a grave threat to me. A threat against the people who are the nation. 

The sooner this man is retired and muzzled the better. He clearly only thinks one way and will not accept anything less. 

From the look of him he is looooong past retirement age!   We all know it's way past time to weed out....retire.... a lot of the dead wood.  Will take a major upheaval to do that.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

It is officials like that one who always like to portray themselves as representing and speaking for the country. Yet they never actually do anything to improve the country, society or their own institution.

Case in point: Apirat pledged, vowed and tearfully swore an oath that he would reform the military after the Korat shooting in February this year. Any progress? Even a tiny bit of a Start?

See Apirat, what you get totally wrong is people don't hate their country. They hate YOU. Personally. And all the other deadbeats like you. Who proclaim all the time and do nothing. And then, when people express their opinion: oh, they hate the Nation. <deleted>.

They files charges against a whistle blower does that count?

• Sad 1

Hey General,,,,,, You just don't get it.

Thai people love their country, that is why they are demonstrating

to get rid of the clowns running this country.

The main virus you speak about is called "CORRUPTION"

You are a sad excuse for a human General???????

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

You mean the Thaksin governments were any better?

Really?

Most likely Thaksin would have openend the borders long time ago. 

He critized the lock down, but what he would have done if he had the power, is a different story  I guess. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

the general reminded them that the Covid-19 virus was not as scary as the illness of criticising one’s own country and that there was no vaccine against it. 

I wonder how many rounds of drinks in the officer's mess before they came up with that idea? None of them would have been gifted enough to have such a quick-witted thought while alone and sober.

2 minutes ago, tso310 said:

I am well aware having been on TV for over 15 years, but the xenophobia has reached ridiculous proportions in the last year. The strange thing is I don't think Prayut is the problem any more its the men in uniforms behind him that really worry me. 

Exactly. If Prayuth fails the men in white behind simply replace him by another robot. The real problem is the army itself. Not to defend but to suppress their own people. A state controlled by the mob in white. Most lack any view besides cashing in. Or waisting money on an overpriced airship and a private jet plaine for the chosen few. Don't take this cry baby in white serious. Even within the army itself they know what they are buying. An errant boy crying his eyes out. Incurable indeed. 

• Like 2

@ grumpy John.

Want to show some pride in your homeland by raising its flag in public? Don’t! Under the 1979 Flag Act, passed during the Cold War and Red Scare, flying the flags of other countries in public places is illegal but for a few exceptions such as embassies and diplomatic residences. Violators go to prison for a month.

Source: https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2017/05/26/11-more-absurd-thai-laws/    ????  There are a few more on there. Have a look.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Apirat told the press later that children should be taught to love their motherland, so they don’t grow up to be nation haters.

I agree 100%. You can love your nation and still work to better it.

Protest, no problem, bashing windows in of people's property, burning down (or attempting to) government buildings, looting, intimidating those who don't agree with your ideas, PROBLEM. But other than the red shirts (World Trade Shopping center and News outlet) and yellow shirts (the airports) that hasn't happened in Thailand.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

the illness of criticising one’s own country

I don't think that's the case ... the country itself is fine. The "illness" is with the people that run the country and how they pay total disregard to their fellow countrymen, how they manipulated their ability to usurp power, how they show disdain for the law (Red Bull ref here) and how their only interest is lining their own pockets. This is the virus that there is currently no cure for ... well not using a vaccine anyway. I can think of other ways though!  

• Like 1