'PM keeping a close watch on brewing political tensions, will open forum for youth to air views'

rooster59

The article title states 'open forum' and the text states 'open a stage'. I'd like to know just what means the Government intends to employ to hear and debate the views of of young dissenters.

Will the 'events' be truly open in the important senses of open agenda, open attendance and open to public scrutiny? I expect the answers will be no to all three. Some carefully controlled, much restricted and behind closed doors event is the most to be expected.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

She said the premier is hopeful that the House would use its tools to solve the current political tensions on the democratic process.

Yeah we've seen how these "tools" operate.

That's why they want change not more BS talk.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

actions speak louder then words, free speech,  democratic elections and new constitution were the top of their agenda..., you didn't listen before and you want them to believe you will listen now, you kidding right?

Also in the mix is that many students have a poor opinion of the other aspects of 'the top' and the influence on the PM. And probably in the mix the PM frightened of you know who.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Antonymous said:

The article title states 'open forum' and the text states 'open a stage'. I'd like to know just what means the Government intends to employ to hear and debate the views of of young dissenters.

Will the 'events' be truly open in the important senses of open agenda, open attendance and open to public scrutiny? I expect the answers will be no to all three. Some carefully controlled, much restricted and behind closed doors event is the most to be expected.

Gather them together in one location and identify all ... 

• Like 1