Chop Chop - Pattaya Beach Trees Are Being Removed

Banana7

9 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

You are right

i am afraid the only reason for the cut is these trees provided shade to

an increasing number of homeless, and the city hall doesn't know how

to solve the problem as there is no any social structure in place to take

care of these people, then they just try to do the place less attractive for them

it's also why there are no decent public benches on the beach road walkside 

the city hall is afraid the homeless use them as a bed

Just for argument's sake, please name me 1 country and big city w/o any homeless people.

I have seen the umbrella mafia and the jet ski mafia use them as bedposts for their hammocks. ????

9 hours ago, NanLaew said:

More recently on Jomtien, a branch fell from one of the old, untended trees and killed an Italian guy. Instead of doing some much needed lopping of old, dangerous branches, they cut all the trees down and bought some more palm trees from Nong Nuch Gardens.

Here is the culprit beheaded !!!

434932823_killertree.thumb.jpg.56d0a2fce72106cc26c0eb04e3b9814f.jpg

Pros.

Locals will not have something to pee against.

Nowhere to sling the hammock for the night.

No coconuts to fall on your head.

Nothing to sleep against.

Nowhere to hang your clothes to dry.

The rats and squirrels are wondering what the heck is happening to their homes.

Cons.

Err.......hmmmm

Edited by ianezy0
  • Haha 1

Who cares, Thai mentality, one day this next day that. I have noticed all provinces seem to have different attitude to greenery. Here in Mukdahan the local government likes concrete everywhere, then you don't have to pay people to cut the grass and trim trees, where as the adjoining province (Amnet Chareon) cant get enough of greenery always planting trees and shrubs everywhere.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, trucking said:

Relax.....those palm trees had to go. It's part of the improvements with the long term goal being to twin with Bognor Regis.   No palm trees in Bognor are there ?  So there you have it.

He's right lads. Bognor Regis, Sus sex UK. Not a bloody tree in sight.  Bursledon Blog: Bognor Regis

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I'm also a fan of adding toilets. How are we supposed to drink all day at the beach if we have to keep crossing beach road to go to the toilet...it's hard enough to cross when sober ????

Should go for a dip in the sea like the Thais do.. ????

4 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Sounds like a committee decision to me! They do love committees!

Yes, any excuse to sit round tables and make rules that we are supposed to obey.

More people to join the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

14 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

More people to join the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

Correct, more and more abide to the laws and regulations.

Of course :

" Triumph without peril brings no glory"

Easy to not respect the laws and regulations, when there is no, or little, danger to be caught.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Well they did announce in the news thread they were spending 160 million baht to refurbish the beach, including replacing all the trees (so falling palms and coconuts don't hurt/kill people). 

I'm also a fan of adding toilets. How are we supposed to drink all day at the beach if we have to keep crossing beach road to go to the toilet...it's hard enough to cross when sober ????

If you like to sit drinking on the beach, do you really chose Pattaya Beach? That's where rookies without knowledge about Jomtien Beach sits. And drinking on the beach is still forbidden because of the Emergency decree (yes, I know it's possible to find beer if you really want). Just saying. 

19 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Odd.  they are one of the few items prettying up Beach Road.  Soon it will just be a patch of dirt rolling up to battered cement and bricks unevenly laid.

The trees will possibly be in the way of the hundreds of trucks that will deliver sand along the beach all day long. They will replant the trees afterwards. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

I heard a rumour some time ago already that the trees are goinig to be removed because some hisos owning hotels at beach road hope that they can charge higher room rates if there is a real open sea view.

How egoisic and stupid if true. 

Sure. Because all these rooms are on the ground floor. They will also remove all parked cars. 

12 minutes ago, Oldie said:
41 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

I heard a rumour some time ago already that the trees are goinig to be removed because some hisos owning hotels at beach road hope that they can charge higher room rates if there is a real open sea view.

How egoisic and stupid if true. 

Sure. Because all these rooms are on the ground floor. They will also remove all parked cars. 

I thought it was the behemoth Buses that stole Ground Floor Views?

3 hours ago, Dart12 said:

Odd.  they are one of the few items prettying up Beach Road.  Soon it will just be a patch of dirt rolling up to battered cement and bricks unevenly laid.

See Fred110's post and photos.  Lots of trees and beautiful, clean beach.