About 20 police officers mishandled Vorayuth’s hit and run case

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well in your twenty years you have never seen the Police standing at the traffic lights letting drivers go by, on the wrong side of the road, on the payment. You have never seen police stopping people for no reason extorting money for no reason.

You must have never had to deal with police over a theft where they will only look into it if you pay them. These are just a few examples of complete incompetence.

Either you are blind or oblivious to what incompetence is.

In 14 years I have never witnessed what you have suggested only when they have a purge on those not wearing crash helmets then everyone is issues with a slip of paper which they have to present when going to the police station to pay the fine . I have even been stopped by the police had to empty my pockets then politely thanked and sent on my way but there again I live on one of the islands not on the mainland . Note when they do the helmet purge it doesn’t matter if your Thai or Foreign it’s the same fine . By the way when I was renting a house it was broken into I informed my landlord who informed the police they came no money was asked for they took notes and told me that 4 other properties had been turned over in the 24 hour period I was lucky they threw my bank cards on the floor and took baht out of my wallet which amounted to a 1,000 baht note I never carry wads of cash on me for that reason . Can only think you must live in a very corrupt area of Thailand maybe mover to the islands for a less stressful life.

Edited by crazykopite

28 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

In 14 years I have never witnessed what you have suggested only when they have a purge on those not wearing crash helmets then everyone is issues with a slip of paper which they have to present when going to the police station to pay the fine . I have even been stopped by the police had to empty my pockets then politely thanked and sent on my way but there again I live on one of the islands not on the mainland . Note when they do the helmet purge it doesn’t matter if your Thai or Foreign it’s the same fine . By the way when I was renting a house it was broken into I informed my landlord who informed the police they came no money was asked for they took notes and told me that 4 other properties had been turned over in the 24 hour period I was lucky they threw my bank cards on the floor and took baht out of my wallet which amounted to a 1,000 baht note I never carry wads of cash on me for that reason . Can only think you must live in a very corrupt area of Thailand maybe mover to the islands for a less stressful life.

My 18 years living full time was in Bangkok. I never said it was stressful. You did. I said the police were incompetent and I gave examples.  There are many more.

Just watch the countless police stops in Bangkok where those with nice rich cars such as BMW's and Merc's go through untouched. They stop trucks and wagons. Is it corruption yes. It is also incompetence.

I was once stopped and the policeman said my tires were not inflated enough. I asked him how he knew. No reply. I was also stopped once and said that I hadn't signaled changing lanes. I hadn't changed lanes in over 12 kilometres. All examples of incompetence and corruption. 

I was stopped 12 times on the tollway near Don Meung in a 2 week period  early 2002 and said I was speeding. each time I had not and played ignorant to the language. The last time I spoke with the policeman who had radioed down the road and asked if I was speeding. The reply was no, which I pointed this out to him in Thai. He was in stitches knowing he had stopped me so many times and I knew every time that I was correct. Just because he was smiling and pleasant, doesn't mean he isn't wrong.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Once again Thailands finest show what a corrupt useless crowd they are.

Yes true to a point, but the way the system works over here for the wealthy and privileged families is that a lowly cop must do what his superior has told him to do, and said superior has had orders from above who in turn has promised to make it all go away!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

All examples of incompetence

I am 72 and Belgian ( Flemish ), English is my 4th. language ( When young is was mandatory to learn the 3 national languages of Belgium ).

So I may have a misconception of what the word incompetence means, as I don't see any proof of "incompetence" from the police in your post.

"Incompetence" meaning for me  = " Inability - Ineptitude ".

Glad to learn what the word  really means for a native English speaker.

7 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Glad to learn what the word  really means for a native English speaker.

You are welcome and always happy to help.:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I am 72 and Belgian ( Flemish ), English is my 4th. language ( When young is was mandatory to learn the 3 national languages of Belgium ).

You do very well and no discrimination was intended.????

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You are welcome and always happy to help.:thumbsup:

Sorry, but with this answer I still don't know what the word "Incompetence" means for a native English speaker.

1 or 2 synonyms should clarify the situation.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Sorry, but with this answer I still don't know what the word "Incompetence" means for a native English speaker.

Thanks.

I gave you examples of incompetence in the post.  I can't get clearer than that.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

total dishonesty for personal financial gain.   

I would think there is an extremely high chance that played a big part of it. But don't forget the complete lack of any policing skills that would also account for the amateur approach to anything worthwhile. 

And, is the No 1 in this 20 or just the poor lackeys who as usual will cop the long stay at inactive posts. 

5 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Thanks.

Okay, it is someone who does not do their job effectively or overlooks their responsibilities to suit their own needs.

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I gave you examples of incompetence in the post.  I can't get clearer than that.

Ok, we have a different approach/opinion of the meaning of the word.

Thank you for your time.

Sorry to have disrupted this topic.

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Koh Tao maybe?

• Haha 1

Can you hear that sound? 
It's the sound of Thai police being whipped with a wet noodle.

And can you hear that other sound?

The sound of a billionaire's spoiled grand-kid rocketing away from all consequences revolving around the killing of a cop.

• Like 1

So, how does Prayuth and the army respond, when their very mission is to protect these spectacularly corrupt officers, at any cost? Fighting corruption is the last thing in the world the army is interested in doing. 

This is a great example of why the youth needs to continue to keep the pressure on the TTA (toxic Thai army) and not give up. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Funny you should say that. Had a few friends who are teachers tell me it’s a question they ask students and often the boys say ‘police’. Reason? Big power, big money. 

Absolutely so, although some of the more bovine reconsider when I tell them that they will have to work harder at the English if they want to make the big money.

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Try 'Unable' or 'Unwilling' to do.

incompetent
[ɪnˈkɒmpɪt(ə)nt]

ADJECTIVE
  1. not having or showing the necessary skills to do something successfully.
    "a forgetful and utterly incompetent assistant"
    synonyms:
NOUN
  1. an incompetent person.
    "the tanker captain was a known incompetent"
    synonyms:
    bungler · blunderer · oaf · dunce · dolt · dunderhead · fool · idiot · booby · 
  • Like 1