Fuel Going Up By About 1baht A Litre Tonight

MaiChai

Girlfriend got a news SMS from DTAC saying fuel will go up by about a baht tonight; since I am planning a long drive at the weekend she says I should go fill my tank tonight. Anyone else heard this? I checked the Bangkok Post and Nation websites, but nothing mentioned. Anyone else can confirm this?

IMHO rising oil prices are really pushing up prices of everything in Thailand.

Girlfriend got a news SMS from DTAC saying fuel will go up by about a baht tonight; since I am planning a long drive at the weekend she says I should go fill my tank tonight. Anyone else heard this? I checked the Bangkok Post and Nation websites, but nothing mentioned. Anyone else can confirm this?

IMHO rising oil prices are really pushing up prices of everything in Thailand.

your girlfriend has given you an excellent advice. assuming your tank is nearly empty the savings of ~75 Baht, invested at 6% interest over a period of several hundred years, might bring your fortune in line with Gates and Buffet.

:o

Less the cost of she calling me... 75 baht goes a long way if you live in some village way out in Eesan. But then if you are a rich westerner then 75 baht is probably the price of a packet of Polo's back home :o

Less the cost of she calling me... 75 baht goes a long way if you live in some village way out in Eesan. But then if you are a rich westerner then 75 baht is probably the price of a packet of Polo's back home :o

If someone is driving a vehicle that holds 75 litres then they shouldn't worry about the 75bht. For someone out in the boonies it may go a long way but then they're driving something that holds 2-3 litres.

WHY.?.... :D

A fresh outbreak of violence in the wake of Nigeria's elections sent the price of crude oil up more than a dollar yesterday.

Reports that at least six people had been killed in gun battles after the hotly disputed election polls, which claimed more than 200 lives, raised doubts over how fast new supply from the Niger Delta would come online.

Analysts said they are concerned that continued unrest may delay the return to production of Shell's 380,000-barrels-a-day Forcados oil field, scheduled for the end of May.

Further supply concerns over Iran also underpinned the rise in the oil price, as the Middle Eastern country's nuclear ambitions, which have pushed prices higher in recent months, returned to centre stage.

The European Union said that it had formally agreed to introduce sanctions against Iran over its nuclear programme in line with a UN Security Council resolution...

I believe it when I see it..... :D

In New York, crude oil rose $1.20 to $65.31, while in London, Brent crude was trading more than $1.50 higher at $68.

The rise in the price helped temper the rally on Wall Street, where the Dow Jones had threatened to push closer to the 13,000 level in early dealing.

However the Dow was down around 40 points as London closed, in part on oil price rises and also on news from General Motors that the sub-prime lending crisis in the US was damaging car sales............So now we know..... :o