Buying Wedding Ring Online (Thai company)

Steps

HI,

I am looking for wedding rings to buy and have been looking online. Can anyone recommend any websites that they have personally used? I have found a couple obviously but looking specifically for recommendations.

Would you recommend buying online or would you just go to a Thai gold shop?

Also there is the question about Thai gold (24 carrot) V's 18 carrot. Thai gold is quality but soft and prone to damage. Any thoughts on the carrot of the gold? 

This company interests me:

http://www.amuletjewel.com/index.php?tpid=cat:258

Edited by Steps
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Steps said:

Also there is the question about Thai gold (24 carrot) V's 18 carrot. Thai gold is quality but soft and prone to damage. Any thoughts on the carrot of the gold? 

Would never buy gold online.

I only wear my wedding ring when I go out, don't like things on my fingers, neck or wrist, I have had the same one for 13 years, no damage, soft yes, however I prefer it that way, as it has a uniqueness about it's not so perfect circular shape.

Once I get home, I remove it, why bother wearing it then you may ask, well if I am taking a young lady to lunch so to speak, I don't need to lie, it's strictly business and she knows it ????

• Like 1

Perhaps its where you live and their are no gold shops...... ?
Surely you can take timeout - on your own - to buy a wedding ring or doesn't it really mean anything to you ?    

It doesn't have to be a bling thing.

Sad...

I had a good friend in Sweden way back in the early 70's whom I visited, ( she became a famous goldsmith ).
No it wasn't her that I married but we discussed what design of rings, engagement and marriage.   I bought the pearl whilst in another country for the engagement ring.    That and the marriage rings were of unique design.    My friend even taught me to make an object for a necklace.   
Unfortunately I could not wear the ring often due to my work but still have it.

18 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

Perhaps its where you live and their are no gold shops...... ?
Surely you can take timeout - on your own - to buy a wedding ring or doesn't it really mean anything to you ?    

It doesn't have to be a bling thing.

Sad...

I had a good friend in Sweden way back in the early 70's whom I visited, ( she became a famous goldsmith ).
No it wasn't her that I married but we discussed what design of rings, engagement and marriage.   I bought the pearl whilst in another country for the engagement ring.    That and the marriage rings were of unique design.    My friend even taught me to make an object for a necklace.   
Unfortunately I could not wear the ring often due to my work but still have it.

Stuck in work 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. Will go the gold shop tomorrow for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Once I get home, I remove it, why bother wearing it then you may ask, well if I am taking a young lady to lunch so to speak, I don't need to lie, it's strictly business and she knows it ????

So, you still live in the time, when no married men had side dishes for their lunch? Wait a minute! When was that?

My own ring get so "beat up" that can't wear anymore. Wife take that and say i buy you new one! Havent seen new one yet LOL. Maybe she wait price get down, but real thing is she wait i buy that :cheesy:

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, alyx said:

I would never (nor have I ever) buy 24 K as a wedding ring. 

24K has an "investment ring" to it ( no pun intended) whereas the 18K, or lower, or not even in gold, is a sentimental statement when it comes to marriage.

A wedding band stands for values not value. 

that will not cut it with any Thai female I know. 24 g Gold means love as well as an investment in her future, 18 g gold means cheap skate.    

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

that will not cut it with any Thai female I know. 24 g Gold means love as well as an investment in her future, 18 g gold means cheap skate.    

We do not know the same people then a weeding ring is not an investment But I am old school when it comes to marriages ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alyx said:

We do not know the same people then a weeding ring is not an investment But I am old school when it comes to marriages ????

In Thailand, any gold is an investment. Thai ladies equate buying gold for them as not only an expression of love, but also that you are taking care of their future should you not be around. It's a very strong cultural issue here.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pravda said:

18 carrots may be stronger but 24 carrots she'll love you longer ????

But Thai gold-shops do not sell 24k gold jewelry.  It is about 22k and most Thai would not even want to wear 18k.  But with gold shops on almost every main street in the country there really is no good reason to even consider buying online/unseen/unfitted.  The price of gold is not something that varies much from shop to shop.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But Thai gold-shops do not sell 24k gold jewelry.  It is about 22k and most Thai would not even want to wear 18k.  But with gold shops on almost every main street in the country there really is no good reason to even consider buying online/unseen/unfitted.  The price of gold is not something that varies much from shop to shop.

The  price of gold is regulated Nationally, what varies the cost between shops and items, is the design of the particular jewelry, and the number of Baht of gold in that item, not the price per Baht. 

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

In Thailand, any gold is an investment. Thai ladies equate buying gold for them as not only an expression of love, but also that you are taking care of their future should you not be around. It's a very strong cultural issue here.  

As I have mentioned .....maybe not the same circles 

I do think that your assertion does not apply to everyone 

Not sure, but it seems that you think that I do not reside here, hence my lack of knowledge regarding the so-called Thai mentality.

let me reassure you, I have been here 28 years, not that it makes me an expert ????

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, alyx said:

As I have mentioned .....maybe not the same circles 

I do think that your assertion does not apply to everyone 

Not sure, but it seems that you think that I do not reside here, hence my lack of knowledge regarding the so-called Thai mentality.

let me reassure you, I have been here 28 years, not that it makes me an expert ????

As you day, we obviously do not move in the same circles or meet the same people. 

On 8/21/2020 at 2:01 PM, Pilotman said:

24Ct gold means CASH to a Thai girl! Love :cheesy: :cheesy:!

Buy Thai gold ( 23 k, 96.5% pure) at a thai goldshop, anywhere in Thailand

FYI:
my thai gold wedding ring 2 salung ( 1/2 baht)  was bent out of shape within 1 month

These are the best diamond merchants online

https://ivynewyork.com/

https://www.jamesallen.com/

https://www.bluenile.com/

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/

Edited by zzzzz

• 2 years later...

Thai gold "jewellery" is a waste of money.  Just research the spread on the buy and sell prices of rings at the Thai gold shops.

Just buy her a nice but cheap ring to wear every day.  And then spend your hard earned on gold ingots.  The Thais refer to these as TONG TENG.  You can buy 1 baht ingot.  And if you decide to sell it you will not be gouged at the gold shop.

Discuss this with your Teerak and I am sure she will be much happier with a cheap ring and gold ingot(s).

11 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Discuss this with your Teerak and I am sure she will be much happier with a cheap ring and gold ingot(s).

Not, never, there is no such person, no such zone.  22k gold is for show - and nothing else can replace it.  Now if they get the 22k gold ring and ingot am sure she will be delighted - but the ring will have the meaning.  ????

On 8/21/2020 at 9:02 AM, ezzra said:

you don't buy gold ornaments online,go to a gold shop, look, choose and feel what you're buying and get the right finger size and a receipt...

He can see what he is buying online, he can select the correct size by knowing his size and he will get a receipt purchasing online...if he chooses. you may not so choose. 

41 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Edit:  Jesus...why did this get dragged up with a "recommendation" after nearly three years?!

Why not, gold rings need to be bought and someone found this old post.