TransferWise - Coding Issues for Immigration

In a recent topic using TransferWise was discussed.  I requested advice in the forum relating to the code of a transfer and was advised to use the "transfer for long term residency in Thailand" option as a reason for transferring money in Transferwise.

On Wednesday I transferred £200 to my Kasikorn Bank savings account to try this out.  The money was transferred from the UK within minutes but the transaction code when I updated my book in the afternoon was TRN which - according to my bank book - the 'TR' is 'Cheque or Transfer' with the 'N' meaning 'No Book Transfer'.

I rang Transferwise on Wednesday afternoon and spoke to a very polite young lady but she could not help me with advice on how to get a code which showed the transfer was international.

Can anyone please advise me how to ensure that my monthly transfers appear in a code which shows they are international. 

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Shannoblic said:

One question - how do I 'specifically' request TransferWise to use one bank? 

The selection of "transfer for long term residency in Thailand" normally means it will goes to the bank you select if they are one of their partner banks.

• Like 1

Though I not depend on: I receive money to Bangkok Bank as described above.

Has anyone tried to print and show the "PDF Receipt"(s) that Transferwise supplies?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I can recall posts stating immigration accepted them to apply for an extension.

A bit hidden in Transferwise but you can find it.

Looks like this:

(second page cut short)

transferwise1.jpg

transferwise2.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The reason you do not get the international code is that Kasikorn Bank does them as domestic transfer when transferring it to your account after it comes into the country. You can get a credit advise that will show it as a international transfer.

As far as I know Bangkok Bank is the only one that shows them as a international transfer.

Correct, I use BBK and it is always shown as an international transfer. Maybe make a copy of the Transferwise transfer each month, I don't know if this helps but I make a copy of my German bank statement and transferwise statement each month as security.

Doing the "transfer for long term residency" to Bangkok Bank, does slow the transfer down though, maybe goes through a manual review, i did a transfer earlier today (Friday) and it's due to settle Monday. Last time i used Kasikorn with a different description it settled 15 minutes later

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pib said:

If you had initiated and funded

This is a key factor and normally will cause some delay as if funded by an ACH draw from a US bank it can take some time to become available to Transferwise.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Hidden? It is obviously available for each transfer.

Did I say it is not available?

"Hidden" behind one of the "..." menus.

I think it is important enough to see it on the first window.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Did I say it is not available?

"Hidden" behind one of the "..." menus.

I think it is important enough to see it on the first window.

It is if you go to the first window of your particular transfer........download pdf receipt.

But yes, I agree if one is not au fait with navigating websites.

Edited by stouricks

19 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Though I not depend on: I receive money to Bangkok Bank as described above.

Has anyone tried to print and show the "PDF Receipt"(s) that Transferwise supplies?

Yep, I print out every transfer receipt as well as the bank receipt money sent from.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shannoblic said:

Thank you everyone for your advice.  Things are clearer now.

Just to add my non helpful bit, TW dont really care, I guess the staff like most on salary just want to move onto the next support ticket and get their quota, for which you cant blame them.  Whats sad is, if they had the higher level of staff check into all this and correctly sort it out  instead of unknowing desk help staff throwing around a few possible idea at you... Most of these type of companies/staff have never heard of the ridicoulous situation here in Thailand and find it hard to understand or want to understand what your issue is (Record in so you can take out/use for Visas)

The very sad part is, if TW heads really knew the millions they are losing due to their insufficient setup protocols they would jusmp at the chance to rectify this small thing.. for huge gains..  I have had many emails with them to no avail... their thoughts are"you have the cash whats the problem" NEXT ...... Well, another company will most likely have a better system that will solve this... in the meantime I use the Farang bank to SCB holding account until I am ready to convert (wait for best FX rates) cost me a bit more, especially when its millions, however..  at least its recorded and documented better......  good topic, thanks all...

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

16 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

This is a key factor and normally will cause some delay as if funded by an ACH draw from a US bank it can take some time to become available to Transferwise.

Always interested in reading about the Transferwise transfers. I use Transferwise each moth to bring in $2200.00 USD. Transferwise takes the money from my US bank account by Direct Debit, then informs me when they receive the funds, then I order the transfer to my Bangkok Bank account, which shows as FTT. It always takes days for the transfer and Transferwise states my costs at around $21.00 USD.

Edited by wwest5829
  • Like 2