Netizens fume after officials 'meet' parents over kindergartener's 3-finger salute

webfact

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

There are currently big 3 bad promotional stories running on the UK media about Thailand in the last 3 days.

1. Thailand mass deaths on the road.

2. Protests by the youth about rigged elections.

3. Forced hair cutting of students by teachers and forced military like teaching.

Thailand - and especially the ruling elite - are being portrayed very, very badly now. 

I cannot see the status quo carrying on - something is going to have to change - question though is is it for the better or worse

"Is it for the better or worse ?" Alas things in Thailand could not be any worse than they are now, especially for the lower working classes ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

They are truly scared! They should probably ask how much a kindergartener and her friends really know regarding the meaning of the salute.

You ll be surprised...my daughter 15 and her friends know very well the meaning...since she was 10.

I assure you Thai students are aware of the politics in these days ,a hope for the future of Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, leosurin said:

You ll be surprised...my daughter 15 and her friends know very well the meaning...since she was 10.

I assure you Thai students are aware of the politics in these days ,a hope for the future of Thailand.

10 to 15 years old. That´s totally different. In that case I would not have posted like I did.

I guess you will have to look up what kindergarten is. Here in Thailand that can be all from 3 - 6 years old, sometimes 2-5 years old.

I hope you know how much a child´s mind develops regarding understanding between the age of 5 to 10. 

I have watched it, I have read the "article". Its from a social media account.

Now I am not saying it did not happen. I am definitely not saying that. But.... why can't they identify which part of "government" they came from (is it from the local administration education office? In which case its a bit harsh to call them "government"), why is there no translation provided, why is it "alleged" if the video/conversation clearly shows they were warned specifically about this?

Theres something a bit fishy/reactionary going on here. I have no issues with that in the greater scheme of things (????????????) but just saying.

Edited by MRToMRT
typo

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

3. Forced hair cutting of students by teachers and forced military like teaching.

Thailand - and especially the ruling elite - are being portrayed very, very badly now. 

At least the country's judicial system is seen as fair and decent after the Red Bull Sh!t and Koh Tao cases. ????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I can't remember the last time Thailand received any positive coverage overseas. Can anyone?

Thailand got positive media in Australia for dealing with covid via lock-downs and martial law, but lamented there wasn't enough tasering by police. There again as Australia is going full fascist now makes sense they would idolize a military junta.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

There are currently big 3 bad promotional stories running on the UK media about Thailand in the last 3 days.

I cannot see the status quo carrying on - something is going to have to change - question though is is it for the better or worse

Be patient, a lot of changes in a lot of different areas are on the horizon. 

4 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

The Government will actually be more scared that this story of officials visiting the house of an infant's parents visiting (intimidating?) them to ensure that their child doesn't repeat this "rebellious" activity again.

Exactly. They just can't seem to help themselves and it's a mistake they've been repeating for years.

I recall a few years ago (2014 I think) just after our current Prime Minister changed job, an interesting incident in Bangkok.

The protest in question, some kid announced that as an act of defiance, he would eat a sandwich at a certain location at a certain time whilst reading the book '1984' and encouraged others to do the same.

Now I don't know who this kid is but he played the government like a musical instrument.

He turned up at the time and place stated, ate the sandwich while reading the book in front of what looked like dozens of journalists, then a large group of 'police types' showed up, arrested him and took him away.

If they had simply ignored him then it would have been a non event.

Kid eats sandwich :

image.png.8abb1f467c7b6bda6b417994090c91c4.png

Youtube video of the event : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTd_FJbiRq0

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Is this one indoctrinating children too?

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.6AJv1AtiV1PQPGF8Qxd8qgHaF7%26pid%3DApi&f=1

edit: Ooh buggar - I've just noticed he's only got three fingers! McDonalds will be shut down soon I bet.

Indoctrination to good and healthy food ... ???? ...  No sugar here ... move on ...

On 8/24/2020 at 3:47 AM, RichardColeman said:

Another story in the Sydney Morning Herald, lets just say about Thailand and the Monarchy...

29 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

The linked video of the boy eating and reading the 1984 book....was grabbed by the secret police or a special army unit or paid mercenaries.....so, who was it?

Are you referring this video?

In June 2014 we had the PM hating George Orwell's 1984, with those reading it charged with 'eating a sandwich with political intent'.
Yet more recently, he gave Animal Farm the thumbs up.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Are you referring this video?

In June 2014 we had the PM hating George Orwell's 1984, with those reading it charged with 'eating a sandwich with political intent'.
Yet more recently, he gave Animal Farm the thumbs up.

Only because he thinks Animal Farm is a book about subsistence living rather than how his government operates.