Email problems

Pormax

I have been using Hotmail as an email address for 20 plus years. Now I have come up with a problem. I can send emails and some recipients will receive them whether on the same email server, then I have others who have received mail from me and replied but i do not receive their mail. Occasionally Someone will get my email and I will get a response. Cannot seem to find an answer on the internet though not the technically gifted so have no idea what to do. Don't want to change my email address as so many people have it and not sure if another email address will give me the same problem. Help appreciated.

I also use hotmail. Lately, I find many mails in the Spam filter, even from people I sent mails to. 

Now, I immediately add people I mail to my contacts,  that solves the problem on my side.

People you mail to should do the same and regularly check their spam

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pormax said:

Sorry Swiss 1960. I thank you for your reply but I do not follow/understand what you are saying (I did say I was not technically minded)

Many e-mails land in your spam, or junk folder! It also happens with my hotmail/outlook account and seems to be pretty common.

Please check your spam/junk folder and you might find the e-mails.

Then add these important people as friends and the e-mails will get to the correct folder, your regular inbox.

They said - Your friends - where you send the mails to - should take a look in their Spam/Junk folder to find your mail. It will not show up in their incoming mail box when you send it to them. Hotmail is marked often time as spam mails by other email providers. It goes direct in their spam folder without any notice. So one solution would be that they mark your email in their spam folder as non spam or you might take a look in to changing your mx records or using a domain and contect it with your hotmail email account. But I'm not sure about that. 

You have a lot of company with the disappearing hotmails problem. It gets discussed in detail on the Microsoft question and answer site.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/hotmail-not-receiving-some-emails/fc7d6ce3-b54e-4fff-bb5c-438ccfbed59d

There are 9 pages of complaints about the issue, and it seems that many, if not most of the people leaving comments ended up switching to Gmail.

I use yahoo and have lately had the same issue of mail ending up in my spam folder even though the sender is in my contact list?  Another strange issue lately has been mail being in my unread folder but not in my inbox.....very strange.  I have just got into the habit of now checking all these boxes daily.  I sometimes get a pop-up telling me I am using an adblocker and it could interfere with yahoo's service but I dont know if thats anything to do with the problem as I just ignore it.