report to immigration following trip away from home

I am away from my home in Buriram province for 5 days and have forgotten if we are still required to report to my local immigration office within 24 hours of returning home.  Was it called a TM.30?   Is this regulation still in effect?  Thanks for any help.

hi ubon joe

is the tm30 also not required if i leave thailand and then return to the same registered address as before (my condo) eg several 60 day tourist visa's per year though i'm stranded in australia for a while yet

thanks UJ

it used to be a hassle for me with crowds and IO "attitude" then i stopped reporting for my last two trips back to thailand as had no other business with IO - eg extension - i kept my last receipt of registered address in passport for reference and always use same address on tm6 arrival card

40 minutes ago, Bvor said:

hi ubon joe

is the tm30 also not required if i leave thailand and then return to the same registered address as before (my condo) eg several 60 day tourist visa's per year though i'm stranded in australia for a while yet

Yes, you (your landlord) have to submit a new TM30 each time. Only if you would enter with a re-entry permit a new TM30 would not be required.

Edited by jackdd

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not needed if you put the same address you had before on the TM6 arrival card.

That's interesting...as the space on the arrival card is so small, I usually just write some thing like "Moobaan Xxx, Pattaya, Chonburi" or maybe just "Pattaya, Chonburi" and never had an issue with the Imm officers ei the airports or Imm office. I'm on a Non-Imm O (retirement) extension. 

45 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Yes, you (your landlord) have to submit a new TM30 each time. Only if you would enter with a re-entry permit a new TM30 would not be required.

The regulation is bit vague about that and am not sure immigration will enforce it for those that return to the same address.

But there no reports about it happening yet since it started on June 30th and almost nobody has entered the country since then that would fall under that part of it.

Thanks very much everybody.  My local immigration office is Buriram town and they are normally pretty friendly and also they know me by now.  It is my own house and I am registered there and have been for the last 4 years.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Not required.

I never done it anyway. It is amazing the amount of people who follow other peoples rules automatically without trying to find a way round them, that is if you thing the rules are unnecessary in the first place.

I just spent a few days away. On my return I went to the I/O and they said, after looking at their Internet, That the hotel I stayed at didn't register me. This also happened to a friend who had been at the same hotel a lot longer than me. I'm off again back there for 2 nights next week. This time I'm not going to bother to report. I hope your all correct as I have been charged 2,000bht for late reporting before. The latter was only a few months ago.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I just spent a few days away. On my return I went to the I/O and they said, after looking at their Internet, That the hotel I stayed at didn't register me. This also happened to a friend who had been at the same hotel a lot longer than me. I'm off again back there for 2 nights next week. This time I'm not going to bother to report. I hope your all correct as I have been charged 2,000bht for late reporting before. The latter was only a few months ago.

As Joe and others have stated, the TM30 is a dead duck unless you change addresses, that all changed on 30 June 2020, so if you paid a 2,000 baht after that date, they either put it in their pocket, or weren't up to date with the change in the ruling, or are still enforcing it as I have heard each IO has its own way of interpreting the rules, i.e. one size doesn't fit all.

The above said, wouldn't take much to find out, i.e. if you called them or go in, if there is a language barrier, get someone who speaks Thai to call them on your behalf, if you get stuck PM me, tell me the IO and I will have the wife call them regarding their stance on TM30's for you.

I am about to go away over the long weekend and know from TVF posts it a dead duck, that said, also got the wife to call my IO and they confirmed it, so it's also good to get it confirmed from the horse's mouth so to speak, check mate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

As Joe and others have stated, the TM30 is a dead duck unless you change addresses, that all changed on 30 June 2020, so if you paid a 2,000 baht after that date, they either put it in their pocket, or weren't up to date with the change in the ruling, or are still enforcing it as I have heard each IO has its own way of interpreting the rules, i.e. one size doesn't fit all.

The above said, wouldn't take much to find out, i.e. if you called them or go in, if there is a language barrier, get someone who speaks Thai to call them on your behalf, if you get stuck PM me, tell me the IO and I will have the wife call them regarding their stance on TM30's for you.

I am about to go away over the long weekend and know from TVF posts it a dead duck, that said, also got the wife to call my IO and they confirmed it, so it's also good to get it confirmed from the horse's mouth so to speak, check mate.

The fine was before the June dead line.

Last time I was away was from the 13th this month. I went with the wife (who has to do the reporting) and they said nothing about not having to report. Just looked at their comp: and said not needed this time, as the hotel didn't report me as staying there. Same with my friend. Their reply seems like they still want you to report. N/B not that it's to much of a problem for me as we are local to the I.O.

As others have said not all I/O use the same/correct setup.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

As others have said not all I/O use the same/correct setup.

And therein lay the problem, it's a bit like the cops at my kids school in the morning and afternoon, yes cops, not the usual wanna be's, cops, one tells you to go and the other, stop at the same time, confusing, fortunately for me, I look at what's happening and make up my own mind, whether to proceed or whether to stop, too bad we can't do that with IO's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I never done it anyway. It is amazing the amount of people who follow other peoples rules automatically without trying to find a way round them, that is if you thing the rules are unnecessary in the first place.

At several immigration offices you can't get a Resident Certificate without having submitted a TM30 report. They want a copy of the receipt. There's no way around that. 

21 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

At several immigration offices you can't get a Resident Certificate without having submitted a TM30 report. They want a copy of the receipt. There's no way around that. 

Want a bet?

21 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Want a bet?

3 hours ago, Mosha said:

If I go on a family visit for a couple of days, do our hosts still need to report my presence? 

Your hosts would have to report you (in reality nobody will check this, so never mind)

When you return to your usual place you (or your landlord) won't have to report you again.