Airport runway road to close for four months

webfact

Airport runway road to close for four months

By The Phuket News

1598602397_1-org.jpg

The B71 million project follows a landslide dangerously falling onto the road in 2016. Photo: The Phuket News / file

PHUKET: The road that runs parallel to the runway at Phuket International Airport (Route 4031) will be closed for four months, from Sept 1 to Dec 30, while the work is carried out to prevent landslides from collapsing onto the road, again.

Contractor Morakot Chumphon Construction Co Ltd will remove large rocks and soil near the flight control tower and construct a retaining wall along the section of road where a landslide in 2016 dangerously plunged downhill and across the road. No motorists were injured in the landslide.

The project to carry out landslide-prevention earthworks and build a retaining wall at the site will cost B32.9 million under a 180-day construction contract, Phuket Highways Office Chief Somwang Lohamut explained in an announcement released today (Aug 28).

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/airport-runway-road-to-close-for-four-months-77140.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-08-28

Judging out of the picture, it look to me that is a little bit of overkill to feel the need to tell people that the road is closed. ????

Hoever, it´s nice tht they mention that it ain´t gonna take four month only to clean up that 5h1t.

12 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Judging out of the picture, it look to me that is a little bit of overkill to feel the need to tell people that the road is closed. ????

Hoever, it´s nice tht they mention that it ain´t gonna take four month only to clean up that 5h1t.

They need to retain the dirt for at least a kilometre stretch of the road. It's not to clean up but build a retaining wall. 

I thought 4 months is quite quick considering the length. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

They need to retain the dirt for at least a kilometre stretch of the road. It's not to clean up but build a retaining wall. 

I thought 4 months is quite quick considering the length. 

4 months for a kilometer? Yes, if only 2 people are working and the other 8 stand looking as usual.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Matzzon said:

4 months for a kilometer? Yes, if only 2 people are working and the other 8 stand looking as usual.

Some parts of the cliff face are over 10 metres high above the road. They have to secure the earth. Lots of steel and concrete needed. 4 months is quick. 

I suggest you go take a look at the road and get an idea on what you're talking about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hansgruber said:

Some parts of the cliff face are over 10 metres high above the road. They have to secure the earth. Lots of steel and concrete needed. 4 months is quick. 

I suggest you go take a look at the road and get an idea on what you're talking about. 

Hey, Bruce Willis knows everything!  Wanna go for another try when the scores can really change? ????????

On 8/29/2020 at 1:11 PM, natway09 said:

Matzzon, Unfair comments.

I bet they build construction projects, roads, etc faster here than in your home country.

Time to go home when everything is bad ?

I could probably build a house, myself, in the back garden faster than in UK, but, I'm not a brickie so I wouldn't trust it to stand up too well.

????

Edited by overherebc