Italy sends help to Banksy's overloaded migrant rescue boat

rooster59

12 hours ago, nauseus said:

SOLAS also says that rust buckets with a pink panther paint job like this should not go to sea in an unseaworthy condition when crewed by idiots. 

Who surveyed the vessel and declared it unseaworthy?

37 minutes ago, nauseus said:

It's listed and classed as a pleasure craft - painting "RESCUE" in pink on the side does not change the class or capability of the vessel - even French customs only used it for river and inshore work. These clowns overload it and then have to call for help, which puts even more people into danger. From the reported overhead photos it looks like they had also managed to foul at least one line or cable under the boat, which is probably why they can only make 8 knots today.

Luckily for them the weather was flat this time .. but that will change next month.  

I repeat the question...

Who surveyed the vessel and declared it unseaworthy? (corrected typo error)

The captain is very experienced, plus the crew have previously worked on rescue missions, though they seem to be overwhelmed by the numbers they have saved - better than them drowning due to lack of action by EU.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, sirocco said:

It's simple,

Google is my friend. click on search.
Ask him the question you just asked nauseus,
with great kindness, without forgetting the key words: Banksy -Rescue.
Then you will come back and give us the answer. Thank you

I did search and found nothing saying the vessel has been declared unseaworthy. In any case the vessel has a certified sea captain, she wouldn't put to sea with an unseaworthy vessel. There are many claims based upon opinion, masquerading as fact - happy to be proven otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Longchop said:

Instead of rescue boats Europe should send a fleet of subs with torpedoes.

Problem solved in one month. These criminal scum would not set to sea if they knew they would be sunk.

A problem with that is that the criminals are safe on the beach.

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

I did search and found nothing saying the vessel has been declared unseaworthy. In any case the vessel has a certified sea captain, she wouldn't put to sea with an unseaworthy vessel. There are many claims based upon opinion, masquerading as fact - happy to be proven otherwise. 

The boat is registered as a pleasure craft - that means it is not suitable for the task that is being used for. No doubt the Captain has a skipper's ticket but that will not stop her from making bad decisions, like overloading the boat that she is supposed to be responsible for. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

When they crowd too many on, and probably deliberately so they have to be 'rescued' then it's unseaworthy as soon as it sets off

Edited by Orton Rd

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:
4 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

No, it isn't and no, you haven't.

How would you know, you’ve not been a member long enough to know what other members were saying last month.

What has how long I've been a member, or what other members were commenting last month got to do with your incorrect assertion of "grossly negative stereotyping of immigrants being racist" ?  

Reading Thaivisa members' comments is not restricted to members!

37 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

When they crowd too many on, and probably deliberately so they have to be 'rescued' then it's unseaworthy as soon as it sets off

Opinion, no facts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Opl said:

facts : migrants pay smugglers to get them to destination, one way or the other , reason why the business is highly profitable.   

Your comment has nothing to do with my reply to the member. Nobody has denied the existence of people smugglers / trafficker's, what is also know is such people are also involved with additional criminality such as kidnapping for ransom, torture, rape and so on. 

Edited by simple1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Your comment has nothing to do with my reply to the member. Nobody has denied the existence of people smugglers / trafficker's, what is also know is such people are also involved with additional criminality such as kidnapping for ransom, torture, rape and so on. 

opinions : people who one way or the other smuggle into Europe by sponsoring traffickers activities , as you just mentioned, in the host countries too, are not welcome.

The member you replied to was telling facts as they are - I provided a link that proves it- not an opinion, but as they don't fit to your narrative and agenda, you label them as "opinion" , my comment was to state the difference - you just helped me to, thanks.  

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 2:23 PM, nauseus said:

A problem with that is that the criminals are safe on the beach.

The scum dregs that pay the crims to board the boat so they can enter europe illegally and lie and cheat the system are criminals as much as the smugglers.  Many are already involved in illegal activity in their home cesspot countries and bring their scams and criminality with them when they invade

3 minutes ago, Longchop said:

The scum dregs that pay the crims to board the boat so they can enter europe illegally and lie and cheat the system are criminals as much as the smugglers.  Many are already involved in illegal activity in their home cesspot countries and bring their scams and criminality with them when they invade

I can't really agree that these passengers are necessarily criminals when they start their journeys, although many of them may well take up or be forced into criminal activities once and if they arrive at their destinations. 

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

I can't really agree that these passengers are necessarily criminals when they start their journeys, although many of them may well take up or be forced into criminal activities once and if they arrive at their destinations. 

How can you or the guy you disagree with make any such statements unless you have specific knowledge of a lot of individual cases, or data from reliable surveys? You're just saying how you prefer to see them based on your broader worldview. This is why honest investigative reporting is important. I watch this in Italian, and I can tell you that even good anecdotal evidence is hard to find. If anyone has any anything solid I would appreciate it.

23 minutes ago, Enzian said:

How can you or the guy you disagree with make any such statements unless you have specific knowledge of a lot of individual cases, or data from reliable surveys? You're just saying how you prefer to see them based on your broader worldview. This is why honest investigative reporting is important. I watch this in Italian, and I can tell you that even good anecdotal evidence is hard to find. If anyone has any anything solid I would appreciate it.

Read again and then try and understand what I said. The key word that I used is necessarily. I am actually agreeing with you and also agree that good evidence is hard to find.  

Edited by nauseus