What’s your gut feeling on if they will extend the amnesty

What’s your gut feeling on if they will extend the amnesty?  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I live near Suvarnabhumi airport, and I see airplanes constantly arriving and departing. A lot of these are most likely courier flights such as DHL, FEDX, etc, but there is a lot of traffic now. It has been this way for the past month. Sometimes while having a cigarette outside, it is not uncommon to see two airplanes during the short time it takes to finish a cigarette.

So my hunch is:

image.png.4c61f654aa849ece1c23439673f30270.png

1 hour ago, TonBrow said:

I live near Suvarnabhumi airport, and I see airplanes constantly arriving and departing. A lot of these are most likely courier flights such as DHL, FEDX, etc, but there is a lot of traffic now. It has been this way for the past month. Sometimes while having a cigarette outside, it is not uncommon to see two airplanes during the short time it takes to finish a cigarette.

So my hunch is:

image.png.4c61f654aa849ece1c23439673f30270.png

There are hourly flights to Chiang Mai and Phuket and numerous flights per day to Chiang Rai, Udon Thani etc. leaving BKK. Unfortunately, those places are not foreign countries. 

1 hour ago, finy said:

Thailand is the only country I know where expats are so divided.

Why is everyone picking on people with tourist visas saying they're the only ones who should leave?

Not sure exactly whom you are referring to , but this thread is about peoples opinion of the future visa situation . 

Its not about what people WANT to happen, its about what they expect will happen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, finy said:

Thailand is the only country I know where expats are so divided.

Why is everyone picking on people with tourist visas saying they're the only ones who should leave?

What about those with a Thai family? Should they not leave with their family?

Should they be rewarded because their pull out game is weak?

Everyone should stick together.

Well done to the German, I hope he has convinced the PM to extend amnesty.

Funny that. 

Didn't see you posting when retirement visa folks were acting all high and mighty towards backpackers and their tourist visas. Over 50 are we??? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thanaka said:

I think it's because they are the group perceived as most likely to eventually run out of money. There are enough local people already in need of food and money and people don't want people - that have better options - to benefit from what has been created to help the people who don't have a choice. We have several foreigners here just living off the free food that is already spare and supposed to be for people who have no other choice. Yes there might be that 1% that has legit reasons on why they have no other choice but the vast majority of them do, they just don't 'want' to leave. 

Another problem that bothers me personally with some people is the audacity to expect the Thai government to solve their problems. It took thaivisa one day after the last amnesty extension to make the next thread about the next extension. Like, those people don't even take responsibility for a second. They just want someone else to solve their problem. And don't get me wrong, I get hoping for it, what I don't get is the expectation, because it is the expectation that makes them getting frustrated and angry if it doesn't get met. 

I don't think any hate goes towards tourists who are still supporting the economy by being here. The hate goes towards people who don't have their sh*t together, have alternatives and are ballast for an already weakened system with spare resources. Lets face it - at this point - the vast majority of people who still have a valid reason to stay here (work, family, education, tourist/having/spending money) should have figured out a solution already. If you don't, YOU f*cked up and YOU should take responsibility for your own mistakes. Not the Thai government and not charity organisations and their donors. You don't learn by getting taken care of all the time, you learn and grow by f*cking up and making mistakes, and that's all I want. I want people to grow and not be stagnant and feeling entitled to being taken care of no matter what, because thats where I think a lot of the toxicity and grumpiness is coming from.

I personally think most tourists still here are able to live month to month.

Obviously if they have zero money they shouldn't expect the Thai government to look after them.

But these are special times and nearly every government is allowing people to stay longer if they can afford monthly expenses.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Funny that. 

Didn't see you posting when retirement visa folks were acting all high and mighty towards backpackers and their tourist visas. Over 50 are we??? 

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm under 40.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Don't think so,

Prices are so cheap, I couldn't actually manage any more even if I had millions of dollars to spend.

I've always put it down to old sick people (male or female) being generally nasty to everyone.

You could upgrade to 49 Baht beers from 7/11 , rather than 28 Baht wine coolers from mom & pop shops?

7 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

WOW..people are still wheeling out that nonsense..dear me.

There are very few destinations on the planet you can't get to from BKK nowadays.  And book with confidence the flight will actually depart.

Sounds like Australia has some restrictions due to their Government limiting arrivals, but I can't think of any other place that is discussed frequently.  What passport do you hold that makes it so difficult to get there?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

[email protected]

Send an email to this address with the subject "Please let me stay" 

Write why you should be allowed to stay and why Thailand should extend the amnesty.  They'll forward it the people who make decisions.  The more emails, the better.  

•  

I'll be sending one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Rather immature response .

We have all been told either  get Visas (or depart)  and that the amnesty will not be extended .

Visas are available (at a cost) .

Your choice as to what you do , staying and hoping that the amnesty will be extended is putting yourself in a precarious situation . 

Please tell me how my friends from Nepal can get back home, who cannot extend their visas and who are either too young or not interested in going through the rigmarole of a retirement visa just for the sake of not becoming illegal aliens.

Thank you. I will forward your kind advice. 

Edited by Ganesh108
correction

9 minutes ago, Ganesh108 said:

Please tell me how my friends from Nepal can get back home, who cannot extend their visas and who are either too young or not interested in going through the rigmarole of a retirement visa just for the sake of not becoming illegal aliens.

What has their embassy recommended?

Sorry to be negitave but I believe this government is using this pandemic to clear the country of all westerners, those who don,t have sufficent funds to comply with visa regulations now, those with funds later. The tourism future for Thailands hi so elite families and their chosen junta government is with China.  Western tourist money cannot be controlled and much of it finds it,s way up north and to easan to families who do NOT support this junta but Chinese tourist money is funnelled directly to the top elite family owned businesses who supported the coup and sponser this junta government.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

WOW..people are still wheeling out that nonsense..dear me.

yes..., It must be embarrassing to realize that immigration could be aware of those too,  when pleading "can not leave, no flight... ! "